Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Who exactly is gonna vote for Mitt? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3674)

Bigerik 02-29-2012 11:40 PM

Who exactly is gonna vote for Mitt?

Seems like it won't be a lot of Republicans. I'm glad he thought his victory in Michigan was "enough".

merrylander 03-01-2012 07:40 AM

The Republicans will vote for him if for no other reason that they hate Obama. However, with him running so far to the right the independents will either stay home or vote for Obama. Either way the GOP has shot themselves in both feet/

piece-itpete 03-01-2012 09:29 AM

Governor Mitt 1.0, or the new and improved candidate Mitt 2.0?

Pete

Bigerik 03-01-2012 09:30 AM

Likely we will get Mitt 3.11 before the election is done.

BlueStreak 03-01-2012 09:35 AM

And attempt to deny that Mitt 1.0 and Mitt 2.0 ever existed.

Dave

Big_Bill 03-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 91876)
The Republicans will vote for him if for no other reason that they hate Obama. However, with him running so far to the right the independents will either stay home or vote for Obama. Either way the GOP has shot themselves in both feet/

Yes Merry,

The Republican Party doesn't seem to have a viable candidate.

But before you hang everyone that wants Obama out of Office, remember he did it his way !

With America on the verge of a Depression, what did he spend all of his first year on ? A Health Care Plan, and one that no one understood or knew what it would cost. This at a time that business needed stability and certainty. Thus causing any one that had hopes of expanding, to hold off until this HCP was understood. NO NEW JOBS.

Then he spends almost a Trillion Dollars on "SHOVEL READY PROJECTS" that just were not shovel ready. Hell, if he just gave that money out to each of the American people it would have been a greater stimulus than anything that he did in his PORK BARRELED STIMULUS PACKAGE.

Hell Merry, when he first entered the Presidential Race, I was ready and willing to vote for him, he espoused many things that I am strongly in favor of, and heaven knows how badly we do need change in government. But what did he give us ? Even More of the SAME OLD BULL SHIT ! And 70+ Tzar's to boot.
No Merry, I do not hate anyone, just their lies and deceptions. If BO just began to CHANGE Washington as he promised, and spent more time on JOBS, instead of his HCP, I would be singing his praises, as I did have HOPE FOR HIM AT ONE TIME! But lie to me ounce, shame on you, lie to me twice, shame on me. His Faith, Hope and CHANGE flew right out of the window.

Bill

BlueStreak 03-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 91928)
Yes Merry,

The Republican Party doesn't seem to have a viable candidate.

But before you hang everyone that wants Obama out of Office, remember he did it his way !

With America on the verge of a Depression, what did he spend all of his first year on ? A Health Care Plan, and one that no one understood or knew what it would cost. This at a time that business needed stability and certainty. Thus causing any one that had hopes of expanding, to hold off until this HCP was understood. NO NEW JOBS.

Then he spends almost a Trillion Dollars on "SHOVEL READY PROJECTS" that just were not shovel ready. Hell, if he just gave that money out to each of the American people it would have been a greater stimulus than anything that he did in his PORK BARRELED STIMULUS PACKAGE.

Hell Merry, when he first entered the Presidential Race, I was ready and willing to vote for him, he espoused many things that I am strongly in favor of, and heaven knows how badly we do need change in government. But what did he give us ? Even More of the SAME OLD BULL SHIT ! And 70+ Tzar's to boot.
No Merry, I do not hate anyone, just their lies and deceptions. If BO just began to CHANGE Washington as he promised, and spent more time on JOBS, instead of his HCP, I would be singing his praises, as I did have HOPE FOR HIM AT ONE TIME! But lie to me ounce, shame on you, lie to me twice, shame on me. His Faith, Hope and CHANGE flew right out of the window.

Bill

Unemployment is dropping, Bill. DOW is at 13,000. People are going back to work. I know some of them personally. The last one got his layoff notice last week and has already had his first offer. Never even had to file for UE.

I hate lies and deception too, Bill. And the bullshit that keeps coming from the right is the bullshit that I hate the most. It really has slowed down the process. You see, what those useless, obstructionist fukheads are trying to do is keep the economy on it's knees until after the election. That's what those flagwaiving, biblethumping bullshit artists have been doing for the last THREE YEARS.

And, YOU are so blinded by their silly, pseudo-patriotic shit, you can't see it.

Dave

merrylander 03-01-2012 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is part of your answer large william.:p

Big_Bill 03-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 91929)
Unemployment is dropping, Bill. DOW is at 13,000. People are going back to work. I know some of them personally. The last one got his layoff notice last week and has already had his first offer. Never even had to file for UE.

I hate lies and deception too, Bill. And the bullshit that keeps coming from the right is the bullshit that I hate the most. It really has slowed down the process. You see, what those useless, obstructionist fukheads are trying to do is keep the economy on it's knees until after the election. That's what those flagwaiving, biblethumping bullshit artists have been doing for the last THREE YEARS.

And, YOU are so blinded by their silly, pseudo-patriotic shit, you can't see it.

Dave

Say it ain't so Dave,

I would have never invaded Afghanistan, not with ground troops.

I would have tried to control Iraq, it makes a great buffer to keep Iran in line.

Remember I served as a combat officer, and I am the Last one that wants our blood in the sands of the ME. These people don't want us, they don't like us and they enjoy killing Infidels. Let them kill each other, and we can clean up the mess when they are finished.

Bill

d-ray657 03-01-2012 11:51 AM

Why does everyone on the right forget that 40% of the stimulus package was tax cuts. Did you not see the Making Work Pay tax credit? The payroll tax cuts put money in working people's pockets every week. Employers were given tax incentives to hire people. Much of the stimulus also went to unemployment benefits, which put money back in the economy. Were you not aware of any of that money that was given back to the people, Bill. Remember also that the stimulus package was the first priority. It was passed before any health care legislation.

I am disappointed with the form the health care reform package finally took. It became a bad example of sausage making. As a lot of people here believe, we would have been better with a single payer plan, but there was no way the GOP would allow the "Kenyan Soci@list" to pass such a broad plan. That would have created significant relief for employers, who would no longer have to compete for employees by providing health benefits - the cost of which they had little control over. While I would have preferred that Obama push harder for single payer, I have to believe that he had a better grasp on political reality than I do. The package did achieve some reforms, and might be something that could be built on. At a personal level, I'm glad that, as a result of the reform, we are still able to provide medical coverage to my 22 and 24 year old sons.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 03-01-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 91939)
Say it ain't so Dave,

I would have tried to control Iraq, it makes a great buffer to keep Iran in line.

Remember I served as a combat officer, and I am the Last one that wants our blood in the sands of the ME. These people don't want us, they don't like us and they enjoy killing Infidels. Let them kill each other, and we can clean up the mess when they are finished.

Bill

Yeah, I know, I was just freaki.......MY WOOFERS ARE HERE, MY WOOFERS ARE HERE!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!

Bigerik 03-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 91939)
Say it ain't so Dave,

Bill

I completely agree with one of your posts. This is worrying! :)

Big_Bill 03-01-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 91971)
I completely agree with one of your posts. This is worrying! :)

What a surprise Erik, "A"

I even like Canada and Canadians, can you believe that "A" :)

Bill

bhunter 03-02-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 91968)
Yeah, I know, I was just freaki.......MY WOOFERS ARE HERE, MY WOOFERS ARE HERE!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!

What did you get? Does PE still have the trap boxes?

Twodogs 03-02-2012 12:50 PM

I'll be voting for Mitt if he's the nominee. I don't think I've ever voted anything but a straight Republican ticket. Boring I guess.

BlueStreak 03-02-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhunter (Post 92077)
What did you get? Does PE still have the trap boxes?

Dayton PA380-8s they had great reviews, some in this very cabinet. They go deeper than most pro woofers and the efficiency is 98.5 db/1 watt. And, yes, PE still has the trap cabinets.

Dave

BlueStreak 03-02-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 92080)
I'll be voting for Mitt if he's the nominee. I don't think I've ever voted anything but a straight Republican ticket. Boring I guess.

I wouldn't vote for the corporate hatchetman if he was running against Beelzebub himself. The sight of that bastard makes my skin crawl.

Dave

piece-itpete 03-02-2012 01:05 PM

Don't hold back Dave :D

TD, not boring. Considering how much of the winners' platform gets passed, voting for personality is, um, not the thing that's good.

Pete

BlueStreak 03-02-2012 01:19 PM

Well, for crying out loud, Pete. Who hasn't noticed that the guy lies like crazy, and flip-flops more than a fish out of water?

As I understand it, many Republicans don't like him because he's the only person in America they regard as a bigger slick tongued liar than Obama.

Am I wrong?

Dave

piece-itpete 03-02-2012 01:31 PM

Speaking of flipflops, wasn't Obamas voting record about equal with Kucinich's? :p

I don't like him 'cause as one guy said, he was the Governor of Mass - how conservative can he be.

Pete

merrylander 03-02-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Makes me think of the yank in a Glagow pub when they got talking of politics;

The yank says" My grndpappy was a republican, My daddy is a republican and I will always be a republican."

A soft burr from the back of the room "Whist laddie hae ye nae ambeetion?"

RamblinE 03-03-2012 04:46 PM

I am on my parents insurance thanks to one of the provisions of the Affordable Healthcare Act. While I agree with the sentiment that it should be a single payer system I also feel the need to stand up and say that I've been using my insurance on preventative medicine in order to be healthier in the future. The plan? To not cost the tax payer or my employer as much money for healthcare that I don't need.

I feel like the pull on the right to repeal the AHCA is because as more and more provisions of the bill keep kicking in more and more people will have experiences like mine. Access to dental, access to glasses, real help quitting smoking, knowing what's happening inside of my body etc.

While the President has been a darling for big business, soft on the banks and imperialistic with his foreign policy he's also done a lot of things that a lot of people have been realizing that they really like.

In comparison, every promise made by the Republican candidates has been either regressive, poised towards the rich or forewarning of big-government fascism (IE. Rick Santorum).

finnbow 03-03-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamblinE (Post 92406)
In comparison, every promise made by the Republican candidates has been either regressive, poised towards the rich or forewarning of big-government fascism (IE. Rick Santorum).

You're pretty perceptive for a young lad.;)

bobabode 03-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Nothing wrong or boring with consistency. We as a country need to go back to respect and a sense of pulling together. All this backbiting and obstructionism is what gets to me. Congress has turned into a joke. All everyone of them seems to want is an ever bigger war chest to retire on. The thought of public service is out of vogue. Whatever happened to the loyal opposition concept?
It wasn't utopia but it seemed a whole lot better than what's being served up these days.

Twodogs 03-03-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 92433)
Nothing wrong or boring with consistency. We as a country need to go back to respect and a sense of pulling together. All this backbiting and obstructionism is what gets to me. Congress has turned into a joke. All everyone of them seems to want is an ever bigger war chest to retire on. The thought of public service is out of vogue. Whatever happened to the loyal opposition concept?
It wasn't utopia but it seemed a whole lot better than what's being served up these days.

Ain't it the truth. Many times I wonder just how much money is enough for some of these guys. The root of all evil they say. BTW, my family was democrats as far back as I know of. My Mother thought Ted Kennedy walked on water.

bobabode 03-03-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 92439)
Ain't it the truth. Many times I wonder just how much money is enough for some of these guys. The root of all evil they say. BTW, my family was democrats as far back as I know of. My Mother thought Ted Kennedy walked on water.

Chappaquiddick probably changed her mind. Much as I admire the Kennedys, folks should remember they are in the 1% but at least they gave a heap back to rest of us slobs. Almost none of the high falutin' folk practice any of that these days.

Oerets 03-03-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 92448)
Chappaquiddick probably changed her mind. Much as I admire the Kennedys, folks should remember they are in the 1% but at least they gave a heap back to rest of us slobs. Almost none of the high falutin' folk practice any of that these days.

I believe in redemption and one can "Atonement for their Sins. Senator Kennedy tried to do good with the rest of the life he had IMO!

Barney

merrylander 03-04-2012 07:27 AM

Interesting OpEd piece by Senator Snowe in todays WaPo. She feels that we will be wasting our time looking for Congress to heal itself. That to me was an oblique suggestion that we as voters need to throw the bums out.

Twodogs 03-04-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 92484)
Interesting OpEd piece by Senator Snowe in todays WaPo. She feels that we will be wasting our time looking for Congress to heal itself. That to me was an oblique suggestion that we as voters need to throw the bums out.

Well, I know the republicans are rejoicing over her retirement. Even if a dem takes her place, at least you know what you're dealing with. I personally think she has been suffering some sort of mental issues for the last few years. Good call on her part to hang it up, it's time.

bobabode 03-04-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 92484)

Expecting Congress to heal it self? That would be akin to expecting the inmates at San Quentin to rehabilitate spontaneously.

It's amazing how the felons find Jesus as soon as they are given a parole hearing date! Lordy, lord- surpriiise, surpriise:rolleyes:.as Gomer Pyle would say.
The last place you want to be is on Bubba's cellblock when his murderous ass is turned down at the hearing.:eek: cause Bubba is going to be lookin' to shove his Bible and some other items,(that I'll leave to your imagination) up some poor souls patootie. Shortly before he beats them to death, mumbling "Da lord giveth and da Lord taketh, muthaf...a."

I would say, kudos to O.Snowe for tellin' it like it is. Congress will never pass legislation contrary to their own personal interests and their favorite rich lobbyists.

I'm more and more a decided Shakespearean when it comes to legislators.:rolleyes:

So I'm gonna rename the Contrarians Social Club to the Shakespearean Vigilante Commitee! Maybe I'll get some like minded theatre lovers to join. Wanna join? Heh. Talk to Bubba cause he's in charge....

merrylander 03-04-2012 12:50 PM

I am personally waiting to see if Dr.No and teary eyed Boner get turfed out. The way those two behave is about as close to treason as you can get and not be shot.

piece-itpete 03-05-2012 11:11 AM

Back in the old days it was even worse from what I can see. Then in the 70s they all decided to get together and sing kumbya, and we now have the leviathan.

I'd rather they were still fistfighting on the floor of Congress.

Pete

bhunter 03-05-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 92669)
Back in the old days it was even worse from what I can see. Then in the 70s they all decided to get together and sing kumbya, and we now have the leviathan.

Pete

I concur. Personally, I'd like them to have gunfights.

merrylander 03-05-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 92669)

Pete

Except that back then the life of the average citizen sucked bigtime.