Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics and the Environment (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Peter King slams Marc Rubio (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5609)

icenine 04-05-2013 09:25 AM

Peter King slams Marc Rubio

If you want to be President it means you want to be the leader of the whole nation. You cannot be just a cipher for a political wing of your party. This may prove to be a very damaging for the Florida senator if he does decide to run in 2016:

New York Representative King on Morning Joe this morning. Quote:

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) slammed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) Friday for going to New York to raise money after voting against Sandy aid.

"And by the way, guys like Marco Rubio in Florida. All the money that your people have gotten in Florida over the years from every hurricane that came along," King said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "And this guy has the nerve to vote against money for New York and then come up here and try to raise money. You know, he can forget it."

"I made it clear any of those people who voted and postured against money coming to New York and New Jersey and comes up here and wants to take money out of our pockets -- forget it, stay home," he said.

King softened the blow by adding that he thought Rubio would be a "great candidate" in 2016. But when asked directly if he would "forgive and forget," King said, "No, I won’t. And I never will."

This shows exactly what is wrong with Rubio and the Tea Party. Guys like King and Christie seem to be disappearing from the GOP.

finnbow 04-05-2013 12:03 PM

While he's a pretty, fresh face and he brings a needed modicum of diversity to the GOP, Rubio is an empty shell. Put him under the bright lights and he'll wilt like a dandelion sprayed with Roundup.

icenine 04-05-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 152947)
While he's a pretty, fresh face and he brings a needed modicum of diversity to the GOP, Rubio is an empty shell. Put him under the bright lights and he'll wilt like a dandelion sprayed with Roundup.

Yeah...I think the sip of water showed the dandilion lol

BlueStreak 04-05-2013 02:50 PM

Republicans---they eat their own.

Dave

Rajoo 04-05-2013 07:45 PM

Palin can see Russia from her backyard, Rubio can see Cuba.
Rubio is Palin without the rack (in her own words) :D

BlueStreak 04-05-2013 08:44 PM

I've seen Rubio in a few interviews now. I don't see what's so impressive about him. He gives you that son of immigrants, started with nothing schtick, but, then most politicians do even when they have no real history to back it up. And, really, I don't really think it much matters. We've had good politicians that were born rich, bad ones with stories like Rubios and vice-versa.

So, his family came from Cuba? Whoopie ding, who cares? This country is full of people whose predecessors came from elsewhere.

Dave

icenine 04-05-2013 09:05 PM

Besides it is what you stand for not where you came from. Voters are sophisticated....they are not going to vote for Rubio just because he can speak Spanish.

BlueStreak 04-05-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 153014)
Besides it is what you stand for not where you came from. Voters are sophisticated....they are not going to vote for Rubio just because he can speak Spanish.

Really. What's he going to tell them?

"Sé que usted sabe que yo creo que la mayoría de ustedes acaba de llegar aquí para obtener limosnas de los gringos tacaño que me contrató para ser su beaner token. Pero, bueno, me parezco a ti y hablo español, así que voten por mí de todos modos amigo del pueblo".:p

Dave