Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   No integrity, no honesty, no service. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12455)

Ike Bana 06-24-2018 08:33 AM

No integrity, no honesty, no service.

Quote:

LEAH MILLIS/REUTERS - Daily Beast
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was thrown out of a Virginia restaurant Friday night after the owner took issue with her role as “Trump’s mouthpiece.” In a Saturday morning tweet, Sanders said she “politely left” the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington after the owner asked her to leave “because I work for POTUS.” “Her actions say far more about her than about me,” Sanders wrote. The incident prompted a social media uproar when it was first reported by Jaike Foley-Schultz, a Lexington man who said he works at the restaurant and witnessed Sanders being ejected. “My owner threw her out because she didn’t want the mouthpiece of Trump to eat in her restaurant,” Foley-Schultz wrote on Facebook, adding that seven of Sanders’ family members had left with her. The owner of the restaurant has yet to comment on the incident.
If you can deny service to gay people, you can deny service to flaming assholes.

finnbow 06-24-2018 09:43 AM

Here's an update, including comments of the restaurant owner.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-do-it-again/

For Republicans, it's acceptable to separate children from their parents, but it's unacceptable to separate Lying Sarah from her chicken-fried steak.

donquixote99 06-24-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 372918)
If you can deny service to gay people, you can deny service to flaming assholes.

That's IF and ONLY IF you can show the denial is based on sincere bona fide religious belief.

We need a liberal church militant, methinks.

Ike Bana 06-24-2018 11:38 AM

How quckley the cons are willing to abandon or adopt public accomodation law depending on who's trying to access the services.

whell 06-24-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 372918)

Exactly. The difference is that some folks, like Sanders, simply get up and leave graciously. They then let others know so they can vote with their wallet if they choose. While others, you know who you are, cry "bigot" and "homophone" while denigrating others for their beliefs, all in some hate-filled attempt to bring about their own version of social justice that reeks with hypocrisy.

But hey, that's life in lefty America.

bobabode 06-24-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 372944)
Exactly. The difference is that some folks, like Sanders, simply get up and leave graciously. They then let others know so they can vote with their wallet if they choose. While others, you know who you are, cry "bigot" and "homophone" while denigrating others for their beliefs, all in some hate-filled attempt to bring about their own version of social justice that reeks with hypocrisy.

But hey, that's life in lefty America.

You're projecting again, Mike and Sanders promptly went to her government twitter account to call in goose stepping, bible thumping rightwing trolls.

finnbow 06-24-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 372944)

The gay couple didn't lie daily to the American public in support of Trump's hateful, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, agenda in blatant contradiction of American ideals. They just wanted to buy a cake.

Oerets 06-24-2018 08:04 PM

Last I checked lying was a sin in my religion. Must just be selectively applied by the right. Being forced to experience it hourly I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

So yes this could very well be argued on religious grounds.

Tough getting some of their own medicine fed back.

nailer 06-25-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 372948)
... Trump's hateful, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, agenda in blatant contradiction of American ideals.

You're making me feel nostalgic for the days when America was great. :rolleyes:

nailer 06-25-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 372948)
The gay couple ... They just wanted to buy a cake.

And Sarah just wanted to have a meal with friends. See the similarity?