Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hi from a mew member. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=2916)

zman 08-23-2011 10:32 PM

Hi from a mew member.

Hello friends.
I have been wanting to join some kind of forum for discussing political topics but as most of you know it is frowned upon in many forums , But this being tied to Audio Karma I felt comfortable joining.
I had an Uncle that once said. "never discount the opinions of a crazy person...Even they have something to say"... He was a great man who lived through some very tough times and was very successful in business so I took everything he said to heart and listened to everything he had to say, He helped societies strays and contributed to many causes but never said much about politics.
I since then started educating myself in politics and the reason why and how decisions are reached in local ,state and US government levels , only to be more confused it took quit some time to get a handle on it but I think I`m there, or at least knocking on the door.
I just wanted to say Hi...And look forward to contributing (hopefully) something of value.
Thanks.

d-ray657 08-23-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman (Post 70721)
Hello friends.
I have been wanting to join some kind of forum for discussing political topics but as most of you know it is frowned upon in many forums , But this being tied to Audio Karma I felt comfortable joining.
I had an Uncle that once said. "never discount the opinions of a crazy person...Even they have something to say"... He was a great man who lived through some very tough times and was very successful in business so I took everything he said to heart and listened to everything he had to say, He helped societies strays and contributed to many causes but never said much about politics.
I since then started educating myself in politics and the reason why and how decisions are reached in local ,state and US government levels , only to be more confused it took quit some time to get a handle on it but I think I`m there, or at least knocking on the door.
I just wanted to say Hi...And look forward to contributing (hopefully) something of value.
Thanks.

Welcome Zman. Jump on in, the water's hot.

It looks like you're a cat lover too. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 08-24-2011 12:19 AM

I like the thermonuclear cloud in your avatar. Ever watched "Trinity and Beyond"?

Welcome Zman.

Dave

merrylander 08-24-2011 07:26 AM

Welcome aboard!

finnbow 08-24-2011 07:56 AM

Welcome, sir. Now, start slingin' stuff at us.

JJIII 08-24-2011 08:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQE0pfBAYQ8

Jump right in!:)

zman 08-24-2011 09:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
d-ray657......Yes I love the kitties, How did you know.

BlueStreak...Yes..I have the DVD and watch it from time to time. I am still in amazement of the power we were able to harness yet in contrast to our growth it seems even more incredible.
Looking forward to something.

piece-itpete 08-24-2011 09:50 AM

Howdy z!

I used that same pic years ago for a cover on a misc tunes tape, back when the 'net was a gleam in some computer geeks' eye :)

Pete

d-ray657 08-24-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman (Post 70775)
Thanks for the welcome.

It was a bad pun on the title of the thread: "Hi from a mew member." :o :) I hope you enjoy it here, bad puns and all.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 08-24-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman (Post 70775)
Thanks for the welcome.

BlueStreak...Yes..I have the DVD and watch it from time to time. I am still in amazement of the power we were able to harness yet in contrast to our growth it seems even more incredible.
Looking forward to something.

Looking forward to seeing your first blast in person? 'Cuz that cat isn't far from breaching the bag, my friend.

Dave