Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Obama Care losing support (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=227)

Twodogs 07-22-2009 04:20 PM

Obama Care losing support

It's not looking good for the August deadline on health care. It seems even some dems are starting to re-think the matter amidst calls from their constituents. I hear "The One" will be on TV again tonight trying to sell it, but I think it's dying. The question I have is, If it's not going to take affect for 4 years, why do we have to rush it through at breakneck speed without even reading it first? I think the American people got fooled with that tactic on the stimulus bill, and may not be so easy to trick a second time. Gallup and Rasmunson both have it losing support with the American people (as is Mr. Obama).;)

Grumpy 07-22-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 2909)
I think the American people got fooled with that tactic on the stimulus bill, and may not be so easy to trick a second time.

I think you underestimate just how naive the people are.

Fast_Eddie 07-22-2009 04:30 PM

I think Obama was very clear when he was running for office that this was a priority. People voted for him and now he's actually trying to do what he said he would do. God love him for that.

Twodogs 07-22-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 2911)

Well, there's always that.:p Let's just hope for once they fool us.:)

Charles 07-22-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie (Post 2912)
I think Obama was very clear when he was running for office that this was a priority. People voted for him and now he's actually trying to do what he said he would do. God love him for that.

40 acres and a mule!!! A chicken in every pot!!!

If Obama, and the rest of our fearless leaders can pull this off in a fair and less expensive manner, I'm all in favor of it.

Right now, I'm not holding out too much hope. Been lied to before.

Chas

Charles 07-22-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 2911)

Naive? A lot of 'em are dumber than a day old pig.

Chas

Twodogs 07-22-2009 08:12 PM

Typical Obama press conference; questions prepared and approved in advance, not that he answered any of them directly. I swear, that guy could start out talking about lawnmowers and end up with a discussion on the shuttle without blinking. But there was some good news; we will all have the best of care (just like congress gets), it won't cost us a dime, and only patients and doctors will make decisions on the care we get. Hell, why didn't he say that in the first place.:rolleyes:

Twodogs 07-22-2009 08:23 PM

Oh, gotta run, O'Reilly's breakin it down.;)

Fast_Eddie 07-22-2009 08:59 PM

I support the President's plan. I learned my lesson. Last time I didn't support the President I was called Un-American. Don't want that again.

Grumpy 07-22-2009 09:20 PM

I get called all sorts of names daily. But this time I am calling Bullshit on his plan.

When the man cannot answer questions about his own plan cause he don't know theres something seriously wrong.