Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "The Biggest Tax Scam Ever" (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=8188)

bobabode 09-18-2014 05:33 PM

"The Biggest Tax Scam Ever"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-ever-20140827

Effin' traitors. :mad:

Rajoo 09-18-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 242641)

I disagree. Corporations are always going to look for ways to maximize shareholder return. Blame Congress for letting lobbyists write bills.

Dondilion 09-18-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 242651)
I disagree. Corporations are always going to look for ways to maximize shareholder return. Blame Congress for letting lobbyists write bills.

You got that right.

bobabode 09-18-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Why do you assume I'm only calling the corps traitors? :confused:

Tom Joad 09-18-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

It's bribery.

The briber and the bribee are both guilty.

merrylander 09-19-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

And blame SCOTUS for declaring that the 1st amendment supports lobbying because it does not, but then I was taught English in school.

Pio1980 09-19-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 242681)
And blame SCOTUS for declaring that the 1st amendment supports lobbying because it does not, but then I was taught English in school.

And so is libel thru falsehood according to them, someone can lie their ass off without worry to discredit someone and sell their bullshit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rajoo 09-19-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 242664)
Why do you assume I'm only calling the corps traitors? :confused:

I assumed nothing Bob. This scam is not new, variations of this has been going on for a while. IIRC, first case to gain media notoriety was Stanley. This is an extension of the same game.

Every business enterprise strives to reduce costs and/or increase profits within a given system. So if there is a loophole, this was created by the lobbyists. Scam is that the Congress allows the lobbyists to lead them by the nose fully aware that the lobbyists are owned by corporations. Heck, even countries have lobbyists.

merrylander 09-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 242691)
I assumed nothing Bob. This scam is not new, variations of this has been going on for a while. IIRC, first case to gain media notoriety was Stanley. This is an extension of the same game.

Every business enterprise strives to reduce costs and/or increase profits within a given system. So if there is a loophole, this was created by the lobbyists. Scam is that the Congress allows the lobbyists to lead them by the nose fully aware that the lobbyists are owned by corporations. Heck, even countries have lobbyists.

Yes Rajoo and isn't it strange that lobbying is allegedly justified by the 1st amendment and the word 'people' in that amendment pertains to the 'we the people' in the preamble i.e., citizens not foreign countries. Lobbyists representing foreign countries are guilty of treason.

bobabode 09-19-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 242691)

Not all of them and those are the ones I do business with whenever and wherever possible. No Apple products here for one and HomeDespot can kiss my ass.