Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   809 members and a maybe a dozen regular posters (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5254)

bobabode 01-09-2013 10:13 PM

809 members and a maybe a dozen regular posters

Are you shy? Nothing to say? Feeling lonely? Join in the fun.:D
Some of us don't bite-too hard.:rolleyes: Egos massaged or mangled, gratis.:)

barbara 01-09-2013 10:23 PM

I don't have a lot of time right now to participate much but I do enjoy coming here when I can.

bobabode 01-09-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 141497)
I don't have a lot of time right now to participate much but I do enjoy coming here when I can.

You're one of those regulars here, Barbara. A well regarded one, in my opinion.

Oerets 01-10-2013 06:12 AM

There are lurkers and non contributors on most all sites. I wounder what the percentage is over on AK? Nothing wrong just the way people are.

I say lets go with quality over quantity of postings!

Barney

BlueStreak 01-10-2013 08:03 AM

Who cares?

Regards,
Dave

piece-itpete 01-10-2013 08:59 AM

I'd like more folks, more folks, more viewpoints. But I can see why some won't. It can be rough here and AK folks are generally really nice.

Pete

finnbow 01-10-2013 09:12 AM

Dey be intimidated by my astounding intellect, yo. Perfectly understandable.;)

d-ray657 01-10-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 141521)
I'd like more folks, more folks, more viewpoints. But I can see why some won't. It can be rough here and AK folks are generally really nice.

Pete

That's why politics are discussed here and not on AK. Some of the niceness on AK would be broken up by the topics that are addressed here.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode 01-10-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 141533)
That's why politics are discussed here and not on AK. Some of the niceness on AK would be broken up by the topics that are addressed here.

Regards,

D-Ray

Friendships can be very fragile and easily broken by the discussions fostered here. I now understand the need of a separate nom de plume in this place. I used to think otherwise (my thread about multiple personality disorder is an example). So, go for it. So if you're a'lurking from AK? Leave your AK name at AK and register here with a different name. Pete can handle the details?:D

piece-itpete 01-10-2013 02:54 PM

So true. I used to think this one unnamed guy was pretty sharp but then discovered bobs' a commie gowin'take my guns away :D

IF folks can get past the first real disagreement they may become better friends, and/or perhap sat least understand the other side better.

Or hate each other's guts and insult their stereos. Crappy boxes! Screechy horns! Distorted vinyl! Harsh CDs! :D

Pete

merrylander 01-10-2013 03:19 PM

Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.

bobabode 01-10-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 141557)
So true. I used to think this one unnamed guy was pretty sharp but then discovered bobs' a commie gowin'take my guns away :D

IF folks can get past the first real disagreement they may become better friends, and/or perhap sat least understand the other side better.

Or hate each other's guts and insult their stereos. Crappy boxes! Screechy horns! Distorted vinyl! Harsh CDs! :D

Pete

Car stereos don't count, my friend!:p My crappy stereo here in my alloted 25 square ft. of our home is junk gutted from old tubed Magnavox consoles and rotting JBLs lovingly restored by moi hooked up to a $40 soundcard that I got from Bartertown. Sand and vacumm tubes rule!;) Hell, my CD player is the one in my homemade 'puter. It is funny how once we get past misconceptions about differences in politics we find we're more alike than different. Guess what, I do all repairs and maintenance on our vehicles too!

bobabode 01-10-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 141563)
Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.

Bite 'em, Rob. :)

icenine 01-10-2013 04:28 PM

I am a nice guy...right?

Well maybe not lol
my avatar is Mr Mind, Captain Marvel's arch enemy
and my nick name is from Cat's Cradle a chemical that destroys water by turning the whole world to ice...something like that I read it back in 1977

bobabode 01-10-2013 05:03 PM

You're alright for a cat from San Berdoo!;)

mpholland 01-10-2013 06:40 PM

I would probably post a bit more, but as Rob stated, "Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses." I don't particularly care for the personal and /or strictly emotional attacks. My skin is usually thick enough, but I prefer rational conversation over seeing who can yell the loudest. I already get my share of frustration from asshole drivers and people living in their cell-phone bubbles.

bobabode 01-10-2013 07:17 PM

It's an American political forum, mostly. If we monkey's weren't throwing turds and brickbats at each other where would the fun be in it? :rolleyes: If your blood isn't boiling over what is going on in this country, you may be dead from the neck up.:p

mpholland 01-10-2013 07:31 PM

What makes my blood boil is the fact that the solutions don't need to be so difficult. All this "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude is the same problem that faces the real world. No reasonable solution will ever be found without compromise, and no...compromise doesn't mean I'll hug your elephant if you kiss my ass. :)

icenine 01-10-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 141573)
You're alright for a cat from San Berdoo!;)

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
close but no Cigar

I am a few exits south of Lake Elsinore
Murrieta

Boreas 01-10-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Pete

The niceness isn't in the people but in the reason for our being there. I'm a REALLY sweet guy over there! http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/ima...lies/angel.gif

John

icenine 01-10-2013 08:53 PM

Yes John I was following your posts about the Model Six....very helpful.
I recapped mine too but later took them back to the thrift just because I have too many speakers.
I have a set of recapped Seventeens that are about to go back too.

bobabode 01-10-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 141594)
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
close but no Cigar

I am a few exits south of Lake Elsinore
Murrieta

I used to visit a bud out there in Quail Valley. We had some good times farting around out there offroading and just hiking around. I keep wanting to head down to Lake Henshaw and grub around for some precious stones. The Himalaya Mine has a spot there where they bring dumpstruck loads of dirt from the mine. For a fee you can screen through it for beryls and tourmaline.
http://www.highdesertgemsandminerals...mine_digs.html
Interested?

Boreas 01-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 141599)
Yes John I was following your posts about the Model Six....very helpful.
I recapped mine too but later took them back to the thrift just because I have too many speakers.
I have a set of recapped Seventeens that are about to go back too.

If those guys only knew the real me! :eek:

John

icenine 01-10-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 141603)
If those guys only knew the real me! :eek:

John

You mean the terrible lefty here at PC?:eek:

I love AK but sometimes it is nice to vent over here or at the Steve Hoffman site...you really need your flame proof undies on over there lol

Boreas 01-10-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 141604)
You mean the terrible lefty here at PC?:eek:

Yeah, that one. ;)

John

piece-itpete 01-11-2013 10:30 AM

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - TJ

Beating each other to a bloody pulp, yes, but not withdrawing :D Anyone remember RuSsMan on AK? He said to be online you need elephant hide.

So Bob, to stir the pot, you use tube distortion to offset the digital harshness?

I use vinyl distortion to soften the sand amp harshness ;) I also need a tight amp to help control my flabby box woofers!

I usually don't crack up at my own jokes but this is killing me :D

Pete

d-ray657 01-11-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 141635)

Pete

Be careful.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 01-11-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Pete

They shy away because they can't win a single argument.................Pu**ies.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

BlueStreak 01-11-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - TJ

Beating each other to a bloody pulp, yes, but not withdrawing :D Anyone remember RuSsMan on AK? He said to be online you need elephant hide.

So Bob, to stir the pot, you use tube distortion to offset the digital harshness?

I use vinyl distortion to soften the sand amp harshness ;) I also need a tight amp to help control my flabby box woofers!

Pete

I love the people I disagree with.....................
............like a Crocodile loves slow moving prey.;)

Regards,
Dave

bobabode 01-11-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Pete

Nicen it up, son. Afore I gets mean...:D

JBS... 01-29-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 141554)
Friendships can be very fragile and easily broken by the discussions fostered here. I now understand the need of a separate nom de plume in this place. I used to think otherwise (my thread about multiple personality disorder is an example). So, go for it. So if you're a'lurking from AK? Leave your AK name at AK and register here with a different name. Pete can handle the details?:D

Does that go for baconshorts as well ;)

bobabode 01-29-2013 11:33 PM

False flag operation:cool:. I learned it from fainthearted Republicants. Chew on that.;) Besides I accomplished my goal. Pete still luvs me.:p

Zeke 01-30-2013 02:48 AM

Use your real name and annoy people on both sites...

piece-itpete 01-30-2013 10:54 AM

Zeke LOL!

I mean we're all adults for cripes sake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 144698)
False flag operation:cool:. I learned it from fainthearted Republicants. Chew on that.) Besides I accomplished my goal. Pete still luvs me.:p

But not in the Gomer Pyle way :eek:

:D

Pete

bobabode 01-30-2013 02:48 PM

Just being a helper. Besides, Pete and JJ were getting lonely.:D

HarmanKardon 07-17-2013 07:00 AM

Some 200 more since you started your thread Bob. I think the percentage of active members will never increase remarkably. The topics are generally pretty demanding and require a lot of background knowledge, apart from that one should express oneself at least from time to time in an eloquent manner.

People who just drivel on a topic will be executed instantly (well I think so :D ) so the circle of active members writing profound posts will naturally remain relatively small.

JJIII 07-17-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 164991)
Some 200 more since you started your thread Bob. I think the percentage of active members will never increase remarkably. The topics are generally pretty demanding and require a lot of background knowledge, apart from that one should express oneself at least from time to time in an eloquent manner.

People who just drivel on a topic will be executed instantly (well I think so :D ) so the circle of active members writing profound posts will naturally remain relatively small.

Seems you're getting the hang of this place pretty quickly.:)

merrylander 07-17-2013 10:28 AM

Well if people do not know who I am by now either they don't read AK or they are pretty damn thick.

Dondilion 07-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 164991)

Not necessarily profound, but have thick skins. :D

piece-itpete 07-17-2013 01:04 PM

That's why it helps to be an elephant :D

Pete