Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   your plans for election day? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11071)

JCricket 10-20-2016 06:19 PM

your plans for election day?

Hey Folks,
Anyone planning a party for election day. I kind of feel like this is the superbowl of all elections. I am going to be thoroughly doped up that day. I am having rotator cuff surgery. I think that may be the best way to watch the election.:D

we are just a little more than two weeks out. Time to plan a party if you want.

Pio1980 10-20-2016 06:50 PM

Trying to get an audiophile grade CD of Who's Next off BT to play "Won't get fooled again" after I vote. I do this every election hoping it works.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bobabode 10-20-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 334049)
Hey Folks,
Anyone planning a party for election day. I kind of feel like this is the superbowl of all elections. I am going to be thoroughly doped up that day. I am having rotator cuff surgery. I think that may be the best way to watch the election.:D

we are just a little more than two weeks out. Time to plan a party if you want.

Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff surgery Mark, had one done a few years back myself. How big is the tear or is the surgery for impingement?

I'm bringing a mess of tacos to our polling station this year. Gotta keep the troops happy and well fed. ;) In the evening, I'm going to pour myself a generous glass of Kentucky Tea while watching the returns come in. :cool:

JCricket 10-20-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 334051)
Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff surgery Mark, had one done a few years back myself. How big is the tear or is the surgery for impingement?

I'm bringing a mess of tacos to our polling station this year. Gotta keep the troops happy and well fed. ;) In the evening, I'm going to pour myself a generous glass of Kentucky Tea while watching the returns come in. :cool:

I am not sure how big it is, but the doc says no alternative but surgery. I can't lift a gallon of milk. A cup of coffee is about my limit right now. And it is my right, dominant hand. The doc is telling me that for the first three months I have to keep my hand completely immobile. He said if you need, you put your hand in your pocket. THen three more months of therapy. Then I should start feeling good. I should start practicing typing one handed, left handed now. So now I will be a left hand democrat?:D

bobabode 10-20-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 334053)
I am not sure how big it is, but the doc says no alternative but surgery. I can't lift a gallon of milk. A cup of coffee is about my limit right now. And it is my right, dominant hand. The doc is telling me that for the first three months I have to keep my hand completely immobile. He said if you need, you put your hand in your pocket. THen three more months of therapy. Then I should start feeling good. I should start practicing typing one handed, left handed now. So now I will be a left hand democrat?:D

We'll make a bleedin' heart liberal outta you yet. ;)

CarlV 10-20-2016 08:06 PM

Sheesh, some people will do anything to get some painkillers. ;)

Best wishes on your surgery!

Carl

icenine 10-20-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 334050)
Trying to get an audiophile grade CD of Who's Next off BT to play "Won't get fooled again" after I vote. I do this every election hoping it works.

Just get the cheapie 1987 Canadian MCA version mastered by Steve Hoffman.
Probably costs $5.

Rajoo 10-20-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 334053)

Good luck with your surgery. Better to be doped up that day than have to stay alert and awake. :D

CarlV 10-20-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 334059)
Probably costs $5.

Got one of those, my original LP, and the 3LP reissue. :)

Carl

Pio1980 10-20-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 334059)
Probably costs $5.

Not finding it fs online, but thanx. BT seller nonresponsive.
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...0#post-3533866