Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Sanders Surge (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9252)

bobabode 07-27-2015 06:52 PM

Good for Bernie. :)

Tom Joad 07-27-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 279555)
Good for Bernie. :)

It pays to have been on the right side of history.

Tom Joad 08-05-2015 11:15 AM

Sanders trails Clinton by 6 points in New Hampshire

LClosin in!:)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/politi...ampshire-wmur/

Quote:

(CNN)A new poll finds Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders trailing Hillary Clinton by just 6 points in the crucial nominating state of New Hampshire.

A WMUR Granite State Poll released Tuesday shows Sanders with 36% support among likely Democratic primary voters and Clinton -- the frontrunner for the nomination -- at 42%.

The poll is similar to WMUR's survey in June that found Clinton led Sanders 43% to 35%. The new poll, taken July 22-30, shows Sanders' initial surge has some staying power.

Boreas 08-05-2015 12:12 PM

This makes me happy but it's important to remember that NH is right next door to Sanders' home state of Vermont so they know him well and may evenb regard him as sort of a "favorite Step-son".

Rex E. 08-05-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 280326)
This makes me happy but it's important to remember that NH is right next door to Sanders' home state of Vermont so they know him well and may evenb regard him as sort of a "favorite Step-son".

I think he's doing well in Iowa as well.....far from home and the left....

catswiththum 08-05-2015 08:36 PM

I don't agree with Sanders on many things, but I like him - you at least know where he stands.

Unfortunately, Congress (both parties) would chew him up if he made it to the WH.

Boreas 08-05-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 280437)
I don't agree with Sanders on many things, but I like him - you at least know where he stands.

Unfortunately, Congress (both parties) would chew him up if he made it to the WH.

I don't think the Democrats would give him all that much trouble but if, as is likely, Congress remains in Republican hands (I won't say Republican control), any Democratic president will get the Obama treatment.

djv8ga 08-05-2015 08:42 PM

Interesting to see the Dems going for the seniors this time. I always thought it was smart of them to put out young candidates. I've often wondered why the GOP never tried the same strategy.

catswiththum 08-05-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 280441)
I don't think the Democrats would give him all that much trouble but if, as is likely, Congress remains in Republican hands (I won't say Republican control), any Democratic president will get the Obama treatment.

Everyone always complains about gridlock - this is the way our system was designed - I marvel at the genius of it. I prefer an executive branch of one party and a Congress held by another.

It is contentious, argumentative, and infuriatingly slow - but it is exactly that nerve grinding, snail's pace process that allows all sides to be heard (ad nauseam at times) and no policies that will affect the lives of millions to be made with undue haste in an arbitrary fashion.

It demands intelligent, driven people to make it work well - Bill Clinton and a Republican Congress could barely stand the sight of each other, but put that aside and passed a great many bills and balanced the budget.

bobabode 08-05-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 280449)
Everyone always complains about gridlock - this is the way our system was designed - I marvel at the genius of it. I prefer an executive branch of one party and a Congress held by another.

It is contentious, argumentative, and infuriatingly slow - but it is exactly that nerve grinding, snail's pace process that allows all sides to be heard (ad nauseam at times) and no policies that will affect the lives of millions to be made with undue haste in an arbitrary fashion.

It demands intelligent, driven people to make it work well - Bill Clinton and a Republican Congress could barely stand the sight of each other, but put that aside and passed a great many bills and balanced the budget.

Ayup. Ye olde three legged milking stool. Pssssst, we're going to flip the Senate in '16. :)