Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm drunk. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6716)

Zeke 01-13-2014 12:19 AM

I'm drunk.

Which, sometimes, leads to lucidity. (I know, that's an oxymoron. How can being outside a normal thought process lead to rationality?)

There's lots of stuff I can talk about including how gun nuts profess a ridiculous MAD argument that nearly killed everyone 3-4 times, how it's abhorrent that the presumed best nation on Earth has hungry or sick people due to the greed and avarice of a relative few or I can pontificate regarding American Indians and try to sell the idea that things like college degrees, jobs and not being isolated don't equate with acquiescing to colonization and assimilation.

Screw that.

Here's what I want to say: if you drink enough Hamm's to float an aircraft carrier, you will sense the hand of God in the existence of marsupials.

There's just no way that shit happened on accident. :D

bobabode 01-13-2014 12:31 AM

HAW!!! Agreed.;)

She's got to have a wicked sense of humor with that creation.

Dondilion 01-13-2014 03:11 AM

So God just give that speciality to a certain type of animal. Why not a generality?

Oerets 01-13-2014 08:07 AM

Ahhh yes, alcohol one of God's gifts to mankind. The hangover was the devils idea!

One of my favorite line from a recent movie, picture one Robert Duvall tripping on vitamin "A". Now he states..... "I knew all the secrets of the universe threw up and forgot it all"

(Jayne Mansfield's Car)

Barney

BlueStreak 01-13-2014 08:09 AM

If not for ham would not have the burger.

And Frankfurters would be called Hot Dogs in Frankfurt whilst the French eat Freedom Fries.

Dance naked,
Dave

donquixote99 01-13-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 188327)
Which, sometimes, leads to lucidity. (I know, that's an oxymoron. How can being outside a normal thought process lead to rationality?)

There's lots of stuff I can talk about including how gun nuts profess a ridiculous MAD argument that nearly killed everyone 3-4 times, how it's abhorrent that the presumed best nation on Earth has hungry or sick people due to the greed and avarice of a relative few or I can pontificate regarding American Indians and try to sell the idea that things like college degrees, jobs and not being isolated don't equate with acquiescing to colonization and assimilation.

Screw that.

Here's what I want to say: if you drink enough Hamm's to float an aircraft carrier, you will sense the hand of God in the existence of marsupials.

There's just no way that shit happened on accident. :D

For me it's fireflies. I was watching the fireflies circle around the backyard one evening, and it struck me that they are are simply and obviously art, an expression of the designer's pure, whimsical joy in creativity.

Of course, this does not mean the designer was 'God,' but it definitely implies to me that he was an entity capable of taking pure, whimsical joy in creativity, and had in some way the power to express same in creatures that now exist.

merrylander 01-13-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 188344)
For me it's fireflies. I was watching the fireflies circle around the backyard one evening, and it struck me that they are are simply and obviously art, an expression of the designer's pure, whimsical joy in creativity.

Of course, this does not mean the designer was 'God,' but it definitely implies to me that he was an entity capable of taking pure, whimsical joy in creativity, and had in some way the power to express same in creatures that now exist.

I have always figured that He has a sense of humour, why else would He allow this experiment called Mankind to continue?:rolleyes:

Tom Joad 01-13-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 188327)
Which, sometimes, leads to lucidity.

"In Vino Veritas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNdnlCbfMs

donquixote99 01-13-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 188346)
I have always figured that He has a sense of humour, why else would He allow this experiment called Mankind to continue?:rolleyes:

I will not go into what I think the nature and doings of mankind imply about even a designer, much less about an omnipotent personality who watches and knows everything....

donquixote99 01-13-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 188347)

I've heard it said that the Vikings, in their communal decision-making, didn't consider a thing 'passed' until they'd debated and voted twice, once sober, and once drunk.