Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hello Again.. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10609)

flacaltenn 05-16-2016 09:03 PM

Hello Again..

Well I'm not brand new, but it's a been awhile. Got a Happy Birthday from Political Chat and thought I'd say thank-you -- since a been a couple years since I've been here.

That was a very nice touch. And --- I kinda miss y'all.. At least the ones who were here a couple years ago.

Seems like the general public discussion is pretty intense right now. Not looking for "headline" discussion. More of the "long view" of where the discussions will be when all the shouting is over..

;)

donquixote99 05-16-2016 10:27 PM

Cool--an old newbie. The new ones haven't worked out much lately....

bobabode 05-16-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314763)
Well I'm not brand new, but it's a been awhile. Got a Happy Birthday from Political Chat and thought I'd say thank-you -- since a been a couple years since I've been here.

That was a very nice touch. And --- I kinda miss y'all.. At least the ones who were here a couple years ago.

Seems like the general public discussion is pretty intense right now. Not looking for "headline" discussion. More of the "long view" of where the discussions will be when all the shouting is over..

;)

It's just feature of the software, we all get 'em. ;)

The longview? It'll be President Clinton next January and Donito Trumpolini will still be sending angry tweets while ensconced in Trump Towers deciding on his next trophy wife. :cool:

flacaltenn 05-16-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 314775)

The longview? It'll be President Clinton next January and Donito Trumpolini will still be sending angry tweets while ensconced in Trump Towers deciding on his next trophy wife. :cool:

.......... and I thought I was special.. :(

You are sticking out your neck a bit here. Most folks think this is a 50/50 chance type of thing. I have no use for either re-tred power whore and will be spending the summer working to get folks from both disappointed parties to consider Gary Johnson.. Could be interesting !!!!

flacaltenn 05-16-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 314770)
Cool--an old newbie. The new ones haven't worked out much lately....

I'm open to advice on "working out".. Does having opinions, principles and years of message boarding hurt my chances of survival? :rolleyes:

Pio1980 05-16-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 314775)

I haven't got one for years.

I'm good with almost anyone that isn't Trump, a teapublican,ok Jesus weasel, or a Libertarian.
Gary Johnson is a Libertarian, essentially water carriers for plutocrats.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

HarmanKardon 05-17-2016 02:05 AM

Welcome from Europe, sir!

Dondilion 05-17-2016 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314779)
.......... and I thought I was special.. :(

You are sticking out your neck a bit here. Most folks think this is a 50/50 chance type of thing. I have no use for either re-tred power whore and will be spending the summer working to get folks from both disappointed parties to consider Gary Johnson.. Could be interesting !!!!

A realistic appraisal...50/50.

I believe the Democrats made a big mistake in the early anointing of the money-grubbing Clinton, and the Republicans are pissed with their leaders.

donquixote99 05-17-2016 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314780)
I'm open to advice on "working out".. Does having opinions, principles and years of message boarding hurt my chances of survival? :rolleyes:

It's more a matter of attitude than anything, I'd say.

flacaltenn 05-17-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 314797)
A realistic appraisal...50/50.

I believe the Democrats made a big mistake in the early anointing of the money-grubbing Clinton, and the Republicans are pissed with their leaders.

It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..