Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Trump and Russia (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11349)

finnbow 01-14-2017 11:09 AM

Trump and Russia

There sure is a lot of news about Trump and Russia/Putin. As the saying goes, "where's there's smoke, there's fire." There sure is a lot of smoke. To wit, here are some relatively new revelations (with many more to come, I'm sure to add to the fire):

- All US intelligence agencies agree that Russia interfered in our election, first to discredit the process and then to help Trump.

- Trump and Obama are briefed on dossier containing allegations that Russia has compromising material on Trump.

- NSA Michael Kelly calls Russia 5 times on the day that Obama levied sanctions against Russia for attempting to influence the election.

- US spies warned their Israeli counterparts that Russia may have “levers of pressure” over Donald Trump and told them to be careful about sharing intelligence with the White House in case it was passed on to the Kremlin, according to Israeli media reports.

- A US counterintelligence task force was established by the CIA in 2016 to investigate possible Russian funding of President-elect Donald Trump's presidential campaign, the BBC reported on Friday.

- Senate Intelligence Committee leaders announced late Friday that they would look into allegations of links between Russia and the 2016 political campaigns as part of a broader review of the intelligence community’s report on Russian hacking.

- Trump has significant financial ties to Russia.

- Trump refuses to release tax returns.

There could be innocent explanations for all of this or there could be obfuscation and lies. I'm betting on the latter.

nailer 01-14-2017 11:20 AM

If anyone has compromising information on Trump it would most certainly be Trump. ;)

finnbow 01-14-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 344289)
If anyone has compromising information on Trump it would most certainly be Trump. ;)

I find it hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have compromising information on Trump.

Oerets 01-14-2017 11:38 AM

Fitting the standard bearer of birther's and fake news is now getting some of his own medicine.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. A lot still to be seen. Treason by some even. Just hope there are more then a few Patriots left in the GOP.

Barney

nailer 01-14-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344290)
I find it hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have compromising information on Trump.

Nice edit and weak reply. :rolleyes:

whell 01-14-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344285)
There sure is a lot of news about Trump and Russia/Putin. As the saying goes, "where's there's smoke, there's fire."

To bad for you and yours that there's no evidence of ANY wrong - doing. But since when has the left ever stopped that from having a thorough investigation. :rolleyes:

bobabode 01-14-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344322)
To bad for you and yours that there's no evidence of ANY wrong - doing. But since when has the left ever stopped that from having a thorough investigation. :rolleyes:

Now you are just being silly, Mike. :rolleyes:

MrPots 01-14-2017 01:57 PM

Let's face it, Russian invasion troops could be on our shores bearing Trump flags and you'd still deny there was anything "up"

whell 01-14-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 344326)
Now you are just being silly, Mike. :rolleyes:

Fine. List the actual evidence, then.

Funny how you're not the least bit concerned about something like this, though. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

CarlV 01-14-2017 02:22 PM

A softball interview on Rupert's rag.

Quote:

President-elect Donald Trump says he will keep the latest sanctions on Russia in place "for a period of time" but is open to lifting them if Moscow cooperates on issues of mutual interest. Trump also says he is not committed to a longstanding agreement with China over Taiwan.

His remarks came in an hour-long interview with The Wall Street Journal on Friday.

While several sanctions on Russia were imposed in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea, the latest measures, as well as the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats, were imposed by the Obama administration last month in response to evidence Russia hacked Democratic Party officials during the presidential election.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...bama/96581162/
Yeah, sure mac. As if Pootin or China would ever play Trump's little games with him. Could Trump actually be that naive?

Carl

finnbow 01-14-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344322)

The investigations I referenced are by the (GOP-controlled) Senate and the CIA/FBI/NSA. None are these are exactly left-leaning, tovarich.

The sharks are circling on this. Reporters and security agencies all over the world are scrutinizing the Trump - Russia connection. A golden shower is melting the thin ice your pussy-grabber is standing on.:eek:

I suspect you're expecting absolute honesty and transparency from your Trumpenfuhrer.;)

bobabode 01-14-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344328)
Fine. List the actual evidence, then.

Funny how you're not the least bit concerned about something like this, though. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

Pfffttt. So the Clinton Foundation took some dough from fat cats to finance their charity. A charity that has a higher rating than even the Red Cross. That has been their business model since day one, take from the well heeled and spend it on poor folk worldwide.
https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...foundation/478

Schwing and a miss, Mike. :rolleyes:

bobabode 01-14-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344331)
The investigations I referenced are by the (GOP-controlled) Senate and the CIA/FBI/NSA. None are these are exactly left-leaning, tovarich.

The sharks are circling on this. Reporters and security agencies all over the world are scrutinizing the Trump - Russia connection. A golden shower is melting the thin ice your pussy-grabber is standing on.:eek:

I suspect you're expecting absolute honesty and transparency from your Trumpenfuhrer.;)

If I were closer, I'd order one of these burgers. :D

'Would You Eat This ‘Golden Shower’ Burger Inspired By Trump?
“Topped with a very small pickle.” '

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09281d0ea7aeb

"On Wednesday, Community Restaurant and Lounge in Bethesda, Maryland introduced the Golden Showers burger, co-created by the restaurant’s owner, Mark Bucher, and writer Nevin Martell. The $20 burger ― with $5 of its proceeds going to Planned Parenthood ― quickly went viral.
“Happy ending included! Drenched with self-tanning cheddar and yellow mustard leaking down the sides, and topped with a very small pickle,” Martell wrote in his description of the burger on Instagram. “Comes with a lemon glazed doughnut to provide a memorable happy ending.”
Gee whiz!" HP

Oerets 01-14-2017 04:09 PM

What is keeping me up at night all the possibilities of a "Wag The Dog" to distract or something even worse!:eek::eek:

Will have the most deadly power available at his beckon call 24/7 and when does this guy sleep?

Every parent's nightmare, a adolescent left in charge of the house!

Barney

whell 01-14-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 344333)
Pfffttt. So the Clinton Foundation took some dough from fat cats to finance their charity. A charity that has a higher rating than even the Red Cross. That has been their business model since day one, take from the well heeled and spend it on poor folk worldwide.
https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...foundation/478

Schwing and a miss, Mike. :rolleyes:

This whole thread is a swing and a miss. Evidence - free zone right here. :rolleyes:

whell 01-14-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344331)

You haven't figured out yet that Repubs and Dems both look at Trump as someone could upset their little apple carts. You're not the only one who has their little undies in a bunch over Trump, zalupa.

finnbow 01-14-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344343)
This whole thread is a swing and a miss. Evidence - free zone right here. :rolleyes:

Every article I linked to in the OP was factual (and there are plenty more about Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Steve Bannon, and Rex Tillerson). This thread is intended to keep a running compendium of all the new revelations that your Trumpenfuhrer is in (a wet, smelly) bed with Putin. I'm sure there will be many more revelations to follow. Stay tuned.

whell 01-14-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344346)
Every article I linked to in the OP was factual (and there are plenty more about Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Steve Bannon, and Rex Tillerson). This thread is intended to keep a running compendium of all the new revelations that your Trumpenfuhrer is in (a wet, smelly) bed with Putin. I'm sure there will be many more revelations to follow. Stay tuned.

You just really need that "Trump - Putin" narrative to help you sleep at night, huh? Poor little man.

finnbow 01-14-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344347)
You just really need that "Trump - Putin" narrative to help you sleep at night, huh? Poor little man.

I admit that it is highly entertaining watching erstwhile conservatives selling out to a former KGB colonel and brutal authoritarian.

icenine 01-14-2017 06:03 PM

Trump is bringing third-world style corruption to the executive branch of our free Republic.
All Americans of all parties and beliefs should be concerned.

whell 01-14-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344348)
I admit that it is highly entertaining watching erstwhile conservatives selling out to a former KGB colonel and brutal authoritarian.

Gee sorry. Wait, I'll go get my reset button and that'll make it all better.

What you call selling I call refusing to get carried away by your hysterical rants...and laughing at you at the same time.

finnbow 01-14-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344352)
Gee sorry. Wait, I'll go get my reset button and that'll make it all better.

What you call selling I call refusing to get carried away by your hysterical rants...and laughing at you at the same time.

I guess we're here for the same reason then. I enjoy criticizing the myriad idiocies of der Trumpenfuhrer mostly to watch you, the resident Trump apologist, trying to polish that turd. Just as I laugh every time Kellyanne Conway tries to work her magic, you give me a good chuckle when you labor to make a vain-glorious, thin-skinned narcissist look sane and rational.

I'm fully resigned to that clown being President, but will enjoy criticizing him and needling his apologists every step of the way.:p

d-ray657 01-14-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344353)
I guess we're here for the same reason then. I enjoy criticizing the myriad idiocies of der Trumpenfuhrer mostly to watch you, the resident Trump apologist, trying to polish that turd. Just as I laugh every time Kellyanne Conway tries to work her magic, you give me a good chuckle when you labor to make a vain-glorious, thin-skinned narcissist look sane and rational.

I'm fully resigned to that clown being President, but will enjoy criticizing him and needling his apologists every step of the way.:p

Isn't if funny how fully Whell has become submerged in trump's style of "communicating?" Even the slightest criticism of him or of his idol results in a reflexive effort at insulting the offending poster. I guess narcissism is contagious. For Whell's sake, I hope it is not fatal.

whell 01-15-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344353)

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 344355)
Isn't if funny how fully Whell has become submerged in trump's style of "communicating?" Even the slightest criticism of him or of his idol results in a reflexive effort at insulting the offending poster. I guess narcissism is contagious. For Whell's sake, I hope it is not fatal.

Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump. You won't find one. What you call "supporting Trump" is point out the absolute hysteria that exists on the left over Trump. Its hilarious and sad a the same time. You guys have created your own reality full of crap and you choose to swim in it daily.

How you enjoy your swim.

finnbow 01-15-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344364)
Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump. You won't find one. What you call "supporting Trump" is point out the absolute hysteria that exists on the left over Trump. Its hilarious and sad a the same time. You guys have created your own reality full of crap and you choose to swim in it daily.

How you enjoy your swim.

Calm down, Kellyanne.:rolleyes:

MrPots 01-15-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Fine one single post where I've stated that I supported or voted for Trump.

I wouldn't admit it either......

whell 01-15-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344366)
Calm down, Kellyanne.:rolleyes:

Whatever you say, Ms. Wasserman Schultz.

Dondilion 01-15-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344368)

Nice one!

I am still laughing.

finnbow 01-15-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344368)

You didn't see me as an reflexive apologist for Hillary, as you have been for your Trumpenfuhrer. In fact, I was one the most vocal critics on this board of her private server. Moreover, I will emphatically state that I didn't vote for her, unlike your attempt at plausible deniability of having voted for Trump.

whell 01-15-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344380)
You didn't see me as an reflexive apologist for Hillary, as you have been for your Trumpenfuhrer. In fact, I was one the most vocal critics on this board of her private server. Moreover, I will emphatically state that I didn't vote for her, unlike your attempt at plausible deniability of having voted for Trump.

Right. You just spout Dem talking points about as frequently as Debbie ever does.

bobabode 01-15-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344387)
Right. You just spout Dem talking points about as frequently as Debbie ever does.

Silly childish nonsense.

finnbow 01-15-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 344387)

Yep, like when I spoke out against public sector unions, the Dem's coronation of Hillary prior to the primaries, Hillary's homebrew server and in favor of John Kasich - Democratic talking points all.:rolleyes:

Speaking out against the idiocy of Trump isn't inherently a Democratic talking point. It's stating the obvious in a fashion similar to numerous conservatives who routinely speak out against your Trumpenfuhrer (Kathleen Parker, Jennifer Rubin, Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Evan McMullin, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake ...). Hell, Trump's own designees for State, Defense, CIA and Homeland Security have all criticized Trump's most significant campaign promises in their respective areas, more clearly aligning with Democratic positions in these areas (Russia, Iran weapons deal, NATO, border wall, deportation squads, Muslim bans, torture ...) than with Trump's.

The fact that you uncritically defend/excuse all of his idiocy while claiming your own skepticism of Trump is laughable in the extreme.

d-ray657 01-15-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

How you enjoy your swim.

You are just as honest as your role model too. You claim to not support trump, but you spout his talking points, going so far as to carry the water for his misdirection on the concept of fake news. We are not low information trump voters here. Your BS is readily transparent.

Dondilion 01-15-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344394)
Yep, like when I spoke out against public sector unions, the Dem's coronation of Hillary prior to the primaries, Hillary's homebrew server and in favor of John Kasich - Democratic talking points all.:rolleyes:

Speaking out against the idiocy of Trump isn't inherently a Democratic talking point. It's stating the obvious in fashion similar to a bunch of conservatives who frequently speak out against your Trumpenfuhrer (Kathleen Parker, Jennifer Rubin, Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Evan McMullin, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake ...). Hell, Trump's own designees for State, Defense, CIA and Homeland Security have all criticized Trump's most significant campaign promises in their respective areas, more clearly aligning with Democratic positions in these areas (Russia, Iran weapons deal, NATO, border wall, deportation squads, Muslim bans, torture ...) than with Trump's.

The fact that you uncritically defend/excuse all of his idiocy while claiming your own skepticism of Trump is laughable in the extreme.

I hear you. Thanks for reminding us of some of your positions.

However I think you have a blind spot re Russia. The point I have been trying to state on this site is that Russia is not very important where US is concern.
We have built up Russia to a position more than it deserves.

We have become hysterical.

finnbow 01-15-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 344399)
I hear you. Thanks for reminding us of some of your positions.

However I think you have a blind spot re Russia. The point I have been trying to state on this site is that Russia is not very important where US is concern.
We have built up Russia to a position more than it deserves.

We have become hysterical.

Tell that to the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Ukraine and Aleppo. Oh, and don't forget to tell the widows of Messrs. Litvenenko, Berezovsky, Lesin, Perepilichny and Nemtsov (among many others). While you're at it, tell it to Messrs. Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo, all Trump national security designees who don't trust Russia and its international shenanigans.

Other than that, you may have a point.;)

Dondilion 01-15-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344401)
Tell that to the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Ukraine and Aleppo. Oh, and don't forget to tell the widows of Messrs. Litvenenko, Berezovsky, Lesin, Perepilichny and Nemtsov (among many others). While you're at it, tell it Messrs. Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo, all Trump national security designees who don't trust Russia and its international shenanigans.

Other than that, you may have a point.;)

We can deal with all those places and people without the hysteria. Hysteria to the point where we lose focus of what or who is sidelining, beating the US.

finnbow 01-15-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 344403)
We can deal with all those places and people without the hysteria. Hysteria to the point where we lose focus of what or who is sidelining, beating the US.

I guess yer boy, Putin, should have thought of that before mucking around in our election, tovarich.;)

BTW, who's hysterical?

Dondilion 01-15-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 344404)
I guess yer boy, Putin, should have thought of that before mucking around in our election, tovarich.;)

BTW, who's hysterical?

And that is what surprises me. The seeming outrage from people who hacked Frau Merkel's phone, go to a friendly country and threaten the voters--telling them what position of the line they will be put. I can understand messing with the Israeli election since Bibi openly intervened in ours.

We have a long trail of intervening and changing regimes.

So why are we now so holier than thou.

BTW do you think we were hands off with the Russian elections. :D

Some of us are just pissed because a sure thing went down and the Russians are the most convenient reason for the lost of all the other reasons that were tossed in the air.

The Russian outrage noise is amplified by the old cold warriors and the Soros clique.

finnbow 01-15-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 344405)
And that is what surprises me. The seeming outrage from people who hacked Frau Merkel's phone, go to a friendly country and threaten the voters--telling them what position of the line they will be put. I can understand messing with the Israeli election since Bibi openly intervened in ours...

I'm good with a reasoned, systematic and principled partnership with Russia in areas of common interest. I'm not interested, however, in a relationship dictated by Putin due to having compromising material on Trump, to serve Trump's business interests, or to fulfill Trump/Bannon/Flynn dreams of an alt-right utopia. Until Trump releases his taxes and shitcans Bannon and Flynn, I don't trust him to do the right thing in Russia for the right reasons.

icenine 01-15-2017 04:37 PM

Dondillion is under the impression that Trump and Putin are going to stop Muslim immigration out of the Middle East and terrorism. So whatever they do is ok with him.
Murder, corruption is ok as long as certain types of people are not allowed to enter Western Europe and America.

He is sort of like Maggie Smith in that movie where she plays an English school teacher and tells her pupils that Mussolini is a great man. Of course the movie is set in the 1930s. Goodbye Mr Chips I believe.