Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   It's Official, Russians Corrupted The Election (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11325)

bobabode 01-07-2017 01:02 AM

It's Official, Russians Corrupted The Election

'Putin ordered effort to undermine faith in election and help Trump win, U.S. says' WaPo

"Russia carried out a comprehensive cyber campaign to sabotage the U.S. presidential election, an operation that was ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin and ultimately sought to help elect Donald Trump, U.S. intelligence agencies concluded in a remarkably blunt assessment released Friday.
The report depicts Russian interference as unprecedented in scale, saying that Moscow’s role represented “a significant escalation in directness, level of activity, and scope of effort” beyond previous election-related espionage.
The campaign initially sought to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, “denigrate” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and damage her expected presidency. But in time, Russia “developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump” and repeatedly sought to artificially boost his election chances.
The report released to the public is an abbreviated version of a highly classified multiagency assessment requested by President Obama. Even so, it amounts to an extraordinary postmortem of a Russian assault on a pillar of American democracy.
The 14-page document made public also serves as an explicit rebuttal to Trump’s repeated assertions that U.S. spy agencies cannot determine who was responsible for a hacking operation that extracted thousands of emails from Democratic Party computer networks and dumped them into public view via the WikiLeaks website."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.b230fcba4e13

Wow, this is like some far out John le Carré novel. Putin directs the GRU to hack the DNC and gives the material to WikiLeaks so they can carry out Assange's vendetta against Clinton. SMH. :(

bobabode 01-07-2017 01:14 AM

Link to the report - http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...election/2153/

donquixote99 01-07-2017 07:35 AM

It's as much an act of war as Russia landing troops somewhere would be. Invasions can now be 'virtual,' that's all.

ZeroJunk 01-07-2017 09:26 AM

That's right. Couldn't have had anything to do with the lying bitch you nominated.

Tom Joad 01-07-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 343643)

Brought to you by the same people that brought you Iraq's WMD's. :rolleyes:

What a tool you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9OwdlHm00

ZeroJunk 01-07-2017 10:53 AM

Military intelligence oxymoron .

icenine 01-07-2017 10:59 AM

Yeah Trump is damaged goods in all aspects.

Impeachment is only a matter of time. Unless he can change from a growing perception of instability and a the nagging perception that he may not put America first I think he will gone in two years.

The people in the midwest are waiting for the wall and new manufacturing jobs while Trump has built a plutocratic cabinet and seems to have more loyalty to his kleptocratic dictator colleague Putin than the CIA. Oh and a lot of people in Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin who voted for Trump are also on Obamacare. I don't think the GOP has the competence or the desire to install Chump Care now that they see how hard it will be.

finnbow 01-07-2017 11:08 AM

McCain's committee should subpoena Trump's tax records and if he doesn't provide them commence impeachment procedures. For some silly reason, I'd prefer my President to be loyal to the USA and not Russia. I'm funny that way.

Tom Joad 01-07-2017 11:09 AM

Russia DID NOT Hack The DNC - John McAfee Lays It Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7t5zbKnvQk

finnbow 01-07-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 343676)

He's certainly a reliable source. NOT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee#Legal_issues

icenine 01-07-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343674)
McCain's committee should subpoena Trump's tax records and if he doesn't provide them commence impeachment procedures. For some silly reason, I'd prefer my President to be loyal to the USA and not Russia. I'm funny that way.

Hobson's Choice I would have to say better to have Pence and just hope the Democrats could keep his worst impulses down. The man has governed Indiana at least.

Tom Joad 01-07-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343678)

I don't care about his personal life.

I care about his cyber security expertise.

I've had McAfee security on my computers ever since I first went on the web in 2006. Never had a problem.

On the other hand, I've had huge problems with the lies our "intelligence" community puts out.

Dondilion 01-07-2017 11:18 AM

Russians corrupted the elections:

The Russians gave Clinton the questions.

The Russians gave Sanders the shaft.

finnbow 01-07-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 343682)
I don't care about his personal life.

I care about his cyber security expertise.

I've had McAfee security on my computers ever since I first went on the web in 2006. Never had a problem.

On the other hand, I've had huge problems with the lies our "intelligence" community puts out.

John McAfee is the laughing stock of the computer industry. He hasn't been associated with McAfee software since 1994. In 2012, when asked if he personally uses McAfee anti-virus, he replied: "I take it off," and, "It's too annoying."

Tom Joad 01-07-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343684)
John McAfee is the laughing stock of the computer industry. He hasn't been associated with McAfee software since 1994. In 2012, when asked if he personally uses McAfee anti-virus, he replied: "I take it off," and, "It's too annoying."

I googled him.

Interesting Dude. :D

Just a misunderstood genius. Like me. :D

I'm gonna keep the McAfee on my 'Puter.

ZeroJunk 01-07-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 343673)
Yeah Trump is damaged goods in all aspects.

Impeachment is only a matter of time. Unless he can change from a growing perception of instability and a the nagging perception that he may not put America first I think he will gone in two years.

The people in the midwest are waiting for the wall and new manufacturing jobs while Trump has built a plutocratic cabinet and seems to have more loyalty to his kleptocratic dictator colleague Putin than the CIA. Oh and a lot of people in Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin who voted for Trump are also on Obamacare. I don't think the GOP has the competence or the desire to install Chump Care now that they see how hard it will be.

I think they call it Trump Derangement Syndrome.

icenine 01-07-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 343734)
I think they call it Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I think it is a more prosaic thing called reality.

nailer 01-07-2017 03:12 PM

Whose?

finnbow 01-07-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 343757)
Whose?

Certainly not ZeroJunk's. He doesn't do reality.

Oerets 01-07-2017 03:32 PM

So where are the hearings to investigate, setup new laws much like the outrage over a perceived voter fraud. Only when if effects the GOP is there outrage. What a narrow minded blind bunch they are.

Russia won the election for Trump, history will tell the tail. If we make it to the telling.

Barney

ZeroJunk 01-07-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343760)

Says the man who made his living off other people's taxes.

bobabode 01-07-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 343772)

There you go again, showing your far right libertarian true colors Zero.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers

nailer 01-07-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343760)

Everyone does their own reality.

finnbow 01-07-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

The money for all of the nation's critical civilian and military infrastructure from the Columbia and Mississippi river locks and dams, Cape Canaveral, the Manhattan Project, the Panama Canal, the Interstate Highway System, and all military installations was tax money, dimwit, as will be the money for der Trumpenfuhrer's promised infrastructure spending.

You should be happy that a bunch of experienced Professional Engineers are overseeing such work for the American taxpayer, particularly when the American construction industry is full of rip-off artists like der Trumpenfuhrer. I suppose you'd like to see America's infrastructure and public works spending unplanned and unmanaged. Quel idiot!

Oerets 01-07-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Is that suppose to be a dig? Working for the Government is working for the rest of us man! My guess jealous envy somewhere in there on having a good job.

Man we all get paid by other people taxes if lucky to live long enough Dude! But you have to pay in taxes to get there first!

Barney

nailer 01-07-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343776)
The money for all of the nation's critical civilian and military infrastructure from the Columbia and Mississippi river locks and dams, Cape Canaveral, the Manhattan Project, the Panama Canal, the Interstate Highway System, and all military installations was tax money, dimwit, as will be the money for der Trumpenfuhrer's promised infrastructure spending.

You should be happy that a bunch of experienced Professional Engineers are overseeing such work for the American taxpayer, particularly when the American construction industry is full of rip-off artists like der Trumpenfuhrer. I suppose you'd like to see America's infrastructure and public works spending unplanned and unmanaged. Quel idiot!

Nice rationalizing, fellow gravy trainer. :)

bobabode 01-07-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 343790)
Nice rationalizing, fellow gravy trainer. :)

Sez the bean counter to the engineer. ;)

d-ray657 01-08-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343678)

I always considered McAfee security a virus in itself, the way it robbed the system of resources.

ZeroJunk 01-08-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343776)

That's right, if you want something to cost three times as much and likely be screwed up.

nailer 01-08-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 343792)
Sez the bean counter to the engineer. ;)

The A in GAO is accountability, not accounting.

Rajoo 01-08-2017 11:35 AM

Interesting how Adobe flash installs the Freeware McAffee unless you are vigilant.
Let's not forget McAffee made his name before the internet so basically he is yesterday.

ZeroJunk 01-08-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 343777)
Is that suppose to be a dig? Working for the Government is working for the rest of us man! My guess jealous envy somewhere in there on having a good job.

Man we all get paid by other people taxes if lucky to live long enough Dude! But you have to pay in taxes to get there first!

Barney

My job sucked, but I made a whole lot of money doing it.

If I had put what I paid in to SS in to a simple index fund when I started in 1972 I would have a hell of a lot more money coming in now than SS will ever pay me.

icenine 01-08-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 343812)

If I had put what I paid in to SS in to a simple index fund when I started in 1972 I would have a hell of a lot more money coming in now than SS will ever pay me.

IF

operable word

finnbow 01-08-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 343814)
IF

operable word

Indeed. If chickens had lips, they wouldn't have to eat with their peckers.

CarlV 01-08-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile the Republicans would rather end Social Security rather than ending the free ride of and making the rich pay their fair share. :rolleyes:

Carl

ZeroJunk 01-08-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 343816)
Indeed. If chickens had lips, they wouldn't have to eat with their peckers.

That's right. If they did not take the money from the people who work their ass off doing something they don't like to support the deadbeat Obama voters we could do just fine without it.

But no, they are less fortunate. My ass. They are sorry as hell would be more accurate.

bobabode 01-08-2017 08:56 PM

Showing your ass again, eh zero. :rolleyes: I understand Mogadishu has the perfect business climate for the likes of you. No pesky taxes and no gun laws. It's survival of the fittest all the time. Well, survival of the well-armed...
You could be a pirate!

d-ray657 01-08-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

You made a choice that making a lot of money was more important than your quality of life. I could have made a whole lot more money if I had decided to represent management instead of working people. But I enjoy the value of job satisfaction, a clear conscience, and the pleasure of whupping up on management lawyers on a regular basis.

See, I spend a lot of my time making sure that people who want to work are able to keep working. The interests I represent are not deadbeats, but skilled workers who want to work for a fair wage and under fair working conditions. But those hard working people, who benefit from fair labor laws and fair contracts, don't fit your narrative of the left.

ZeroJunk 01-08-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 343835)
Showing your ass again, eh zero. :rolleyes: I understand Mogadishu has the perfect business climate for the likes of you. No pesky taxes and no gun laws. It's survival of the fittest all the time. Well, survival of the well-armed...
You could be a pirate!

You guys seem to live in some fantasy world.
You seem to think that the people who sacrificed and put forth the effort are no different from you. Just fortunate. That's bullshit.
The reason you never amounted to anything is on you. Same with everybody else.
You went and got a job working a hammer for somebody else and that is as far as you took it.
Now you think you deserve some fair share for being a grunt.
Good luck in the contest.

ZeroJunk 01-08-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 343836)
You made a choice that making a lot of money was more important than your quality of life. I could have made a whole lot more money if I had decided to represent management instead of working people. But I enjoy the value of job satisfaction, a clear conscience, and the pleasure of whupping up on management lawyers on a regular basis.

See, I spend a lot of my time making sure that people who want to work are able to keep working. The interests I represent are not deadbeats, but skilled workers who want to work for a fair wage and under fair working conditions. But those hard working people, who benefit from fair labor laws and fair contracts, don't fit your narrative of the left.

What's a fair contract ? Exactly what do you think somebody doing a repetitive task with nothing invested and no skin in the game is supposed to make? What do you think that somebody who didn't even have the gumption to finish school is suppose to make? What do you think somebody who tells the boss "that is not my job" is supposed to make? What do you think somebody who is offered an opportunity but refuses it because it is harder is supposed to make ? Do you think that the purpose of a business is to give people jobs ? Do you wonder why countries whose people are happy to study and do whatever it takes are taking our jobs ?