Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   History (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Militarists for Peace! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12633)

donquixote99 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Militarists for Peace!

I came across this description of a Head of State as a child, age 12: "He is very arrogant, extremely smug and quite taken with himself...is offended at the slightest comment, plays the injured party and more than occasionally gives an impudent answer; furthermore, he is unbelievably lazy and slovenly." link

Sounds like someone we now know, but in fact the description is of the future Kaiser Wilhelm II, from his MOTHER, Queen Victoria's daughter Vicky. Wilhelm's character would later be seen as a major cause of WW I.

Trumps personality deficiencies and militarism seem to present a grave danger of history repeating, except the death toll could be in the billions this time, as opposed to WW I's millions. It's ironic that some still repeat the fantasy that he was the 'peace candidate' compared to war-mongering Hillary.

Dondilion 03-21-2019 11:46 AM

Trump militarism?

donquixote99 03-21-2019 03:31 PM

How can you even ask? His bloated defense budgets? His demands for more nukes? His preference for generals as staffers? His policy of militrizing space? His attempt to militarize Pennsylvania ave?

Dondilion 03-21-2019 06:25 PM

His efforts to withdraw from Syria and Afghanistan.

Dondilion 03-21-2019 06:51 PM

His efforts not to let Poroshenko use him to serve Poroshenko's local politics.

Space effort is justified in view of China's significant advance in anti satellite warfare.

And are you serious with this Penn business?

Militarists are essentially adventurists; Trump is an isolationist.

donquixote99 03-22-2019 06:50 AM

There are certainly other possible explanations for the cold shoulder for Poroshenko.

It's a judgement call. Penn Avenue serious; we're looking for indicators of mindset and attitude. The military equipment parade wish is indicative of a childish woody for military weapons and display.

BlueStreak 04-14-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 377827)
I came across this description of a Head of State as a child, age 12: "He is very arrogant, extremely smug and quite taken with himself...is offended at the slightest comment, plays the injured party and more than occasionally gives an impudent answer; furthermore, he is unbelievably lazy and slovenly." link

Sounds like someone we now know, but in fact the description is of the future Kaiser Wilhelm II, from his MOTHER, Queen Victoria's daughter Vicky. Wilhelm's character would later be seen as a major cause of WW I.

Trumps personality deficiencies and militarism seem to present a grave danger of history repeating, except the death toll could be in the billions this time, as opposed to WW I's millions. It's ironic that some still repeat the fantasy that he was the 'peace candidate' compared to war-mongering Hillary.

Looks about right.

BlueStreak 04-14-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 377860)
There are certainly other possible explanations for the cold shoulder for Poroshenko.

It's a judgement call. Penn Avenue serious; we're looking for indicators of mindset and attitude. The military equipment parade wish is indicative of a childish woody for military weapons and display.

I'm waiting for the day, fat ass Donnie Bonespurs shows up in a quasi-military uniform. Maybe something similar to the pansy ass Campus Cadet uniform he chased pussy in as Daddy paid off professors to pass his dumb ass at Wharton.

donquixote99 04-14-2019 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.politicalchat.org/attachm...1&d=1555281844

This image is popular with the base--there's a market for art prints and hand painted copies in oil!

Dondilion 04-14-2019 06:03 PM

Wilhelm got in trouble essentially because he was an alliance guy. Trump wants to cut alliance.