Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Should feds regulate showerheads? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3019)

bhunter 09-28-2011 10:50 AM

Should feds regulate showerheads?

There are going to be new rules for shower heads. Our grand federal government wants to regulate the manufacture of shower heads to compel people to save water. The government spokesperson was kind enough to point out that they would not actually check individual shower heads in private homes. I thought that was very considerate; however, think of all the federal jobs that could be created with Official Shower Head Inspectors.

Bigerik 09-28-2011 11:02 AM

Actually a good move.

bhunter 09-28-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 74241)
Actually a good move.

You obviously like a large intrusive government. Is there any area where you would not like federal involvement? Where would you draw the line? Is there really a compelling need for regulations on shower heads sufficient to warrant the expense and usurpation of free market choices? The issue is silly and ought be a poster for out of control government. Why can some people have swimming pools that lose substantial amounts of water through evaporation, but I can't enjoy an invigorating shower? Where do you stop? Do you put timers on showers? Hell, that ought be a real female gender political winner.

piece-itpete 09-28-2011 11:42 AM

I thought they already did.

And they won't come into your house. For now. But what they can do they will do eventually.

Pete

merrylander 09-28-2011 11:46 AM

The restrictors are easily removed and since our water comes from 300 feet under our front lawn they can kiss my . . .

Charles 09-28-2011 11:53 AM

Take the restrictor out and throw it away.

While you're at it, pick up some TSP at Lowes and add it to your dishwasher and washing machine.

And used motor oil is a great fire starter.

Chas

Combwork 09-28-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 74241)
Actually a good move.

Save water, bath with a friend;)

Charles 09-28-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 74249)
The restrictors are easily removed and since our water comes from 300 feet under our front lawn they can kiss my . . .

My kinda guy!!!

Chas

Rex E. 09-28-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 74253)
Take the restrictor out and throw it away.

While you're at it, pick up some TSP at Lowes and add it to your dishwasher and washing machine.

And used motor oil is a great fire starter.

Chas

Used motor oil is aterrible fire starter but good to put on a nice hot burning fire as long as you don't plan to cook with it

d-ray657 09-28-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhunter (Post 74243)
You obviously like a large intrusive government. Is there any area where you would not like federal involvement? Where would you draw the line? Is there really a compelling need for regulations on shower heads sufficient to warrant the expense and usurpation of free market choices? The issue is silly and ought be a poster for out of control government. Why can some people have swimming pools that lose substantial amounts of water through evaporation, but I can't enjoy an invigorating shower? Where do you stop? Do you put timers on showers? Hell, that ought be a real female gender political winner.

What is the free market going to do to address water shortages? Price it out of everyone's reach?

We expect government to provide us with sufficient water for home use, manufacturing use, navigational use, irrigation. The feds are responsible for water sources that move interstate - just think of the problems there would be if upstream states diverted all of the water for their own use, or dumped all of their crap to flow into the next state. With that type of responsibility, and some real water issues in many places, isn't a regulation, which causes people to use less water, a reasonable means of meeting government's responsibility?

Regards,

D-Ray