Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Creation Museum...Hey Finn, wanna go? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4267)

BlueStreak 07-05-2012 08:50 PM

Creation Museum...Hey Finn, wanna go?

Every bit as silly a Bibleland, I'm sure. Looks like they're having trouble raising funds. The Faith based Initiative Fund should have some of my tax money to give to these nippleheads......Right?:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170347907.html

Interesting to note the naked guy has his arm around a sheep. What kind of message does THAT send?

Dave

finnbow 07-05-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 111056)
Every bit as silly a Bibleland, I'm sure. looks like they're having trouble raising funds. The Faith based Initiative Fund should have some of my tax money to give to these nippleheads......Right?:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170347907.html

Dave

Before we go, you'd have to assure me that you have the full arsenal of drugs consumed by Hunter Thompson and his 300# Samoan Attorney in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.:cool::eek:

Boreas 07-05-2012 08:58 PM

All of a piece with this gem.

If this keeps up, and I see no reason that it won't, we'll have raised a generation of children totally unprepared to compete in the real world.

John

bhunter 07-06-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 111062)
All of a piece with this gem.

If this keeps up, and I see no reason that it won't, we'll have raised a generation of children totally unprepared to compete in the real world.

John

We just may already be close to that point. Aren't these private schools promoting the creationism? On the opposite side, we have the educational industry, teacher's unions, and asssorted political groups all attempting to get their pet interests in the school systems. The myriad of subjects has done much to undermine education to the extent that our colleges are forced to teach remedial english and math to an ever increasing number of inbound freshman. Do we really need all the variety of subjects at the secondary level or would it be better to focus on English, mathematics, history, literature, and logic? I, of course, point an extended finger toward the expansion of social science programs in our schools usurping dollars and time from more worthy studies, or rather, from studies that are more useful for maintaining one's knowledge.

Creationism ought be kept out of our science classes precisely because matters of faith are not subject to the scientific method; and that, the method itself encompasses the entire meaning and concomitant effectiveness of science as a discipline.

BlueStreak 07-06-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhunter (Post 111109)
We just may already be close to that point. Aren't these private schools promoting the creationism? On the opposite side, we have the educational industry, teacher's unions, and asssorted political groups all attempting to get their pet interests in the school systems. The myriad of subjects has done much to undermine education to the extent that our colleges are forced to teach remedial english and math to an ever increasing number of inbound freshman. Do we really need all the variety of subjects at the secondary level or would it be better to focus on English, mathematics, history, literature, and logic? I, of course, point an extended finger toward the expansion of social science programs in our schools usurping dollars and time from more worthy studies, or rather, from studies that are more useful for maintaining one's knowledge.

Creationism ought be kept out of our science classes precisely because matters of faith are not subject to the scientific method; and that, the method itself encompasses the entire meaning and concomitant effectiveness of science as a discipline.

The rub is that the very same people whom you hope will streamline the public education system are the ones who want to fill it up with; "matters of faith (that) are not subject to scientific method"...........

They simply want to trade one form of BS for another.

Or, hadn't you noticed that?

Dave

beej 07-06-2012 07:45 AM

May I add just a pinch of Civics to the list of subjects we seem to be lacking in our schools? It seems that fully one-third of all native born U.S. citizens couldn't pass the naturalization test and 60% on the test is a passing grade.

piece-itpete 07-06-2012 09:20 AM

Scientific method? Have you listened to the biologists lately? Blind faith. Teach kids discernment.

beej I agree, look at the lack of understanding of our basic system of government over the last few issues.

Pete

BlueStreak 07-06-2012 09:57 AM

No, some of us want to just teach them to dismiss modern science as "sorcery" and keep the kiddies focused on what they are teaching as the singular truth.

Oh, we understand what you were saying, Pete.............We just don't think it works very well. This is why the federal government has had to step in and assert it's will on certain states on occasion, through our history.

By the way, what is that naked guy doing with his arm around the sheep? Pervert! Must be Biblical evidence that acceptance of gay marriages leads to bestiality?

Boreas 07-06-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 111152)
Have you listened to the biologists lately? Blind faith.

Can you offer any examples?

John

piece-itpete 07-06-2012 10:19 AM

It reminds me of the old Russian scientist - 'Theory nothing (bah!). Prediction everything!'

The hard science guys know what I'm talking about.

Pete