Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nfl ? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11989)

whell 10-01-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 361913)
Those fans are welcome to their cheap bleacher patriotics, they risk nothing to sing a song and wave a flag to follow the flock. They do not speak for all fans, btw.

Nor, thankfully, do the players who engage in on-field antics represent the all the NFL players. The difference is that fans who participate in singing the anthem don't make themselves look foolish. The players behavior during the anthem...not so much.

whell 10-01-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 361924)
^^^ A ludicrous false dichotomy, from a lying sack of excrement.

(Right name, whell, except you threw it at a person you are not remotely fit to address.)

Do you have any ideas of your own?

bobabode 10-01-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 361926)

Heh. :rolleyes: You and your snivelin' conservative snowflake friends are a laugh, Mikey.

Pbbbbbbbtt. :D

donquixote99 10-01-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 361926)

Well, yes. How about "Overflowing well of rotten slime," or "Dismal degenerate denizen of domain of disordered digital discourse." But I am happy to acknowledge you when you express things with such aptly-targeted directness, you lying sack of shit.

Pio1980 10-01-2017 10:54 PM

The unfortunate thing is that the point of the protests is getting lost in the patriotic smokescreen.
They are probably a better response than vigilante retaliation against the LEOs that abuse their authority and those that condone and excuse such acts and actors. Mebbe that direct approach would be more appropriate than disturbing the slumber of those unaffected that couldn't care less.

Rajoo 10-01-2017 11:15 PM

I wonder as whell is asking certain people to respect the flag, if he will also ask certain others to respect the constitution. Flag is after all just a symbol, the constitution OTOH is a road map to freedom.

whell 10-02-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 361933)
I wonder as whell is asking certain people to respect the flag, if he will also ask certain others to respect the constitution. Flag is after all just a symbol, the constitution OTOH is a road map to freedom.

In fact, that's been a pretty consistent theme of mine here. Both sides of the aisle in DC often treat the Constitution more like an obstacle than a guide.

whell 10-02-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 361931)
Well, yes. How about "Overflowing well of rotten slime," or "Dismal degenerate denizen of domain of disordered digital discourse." But I am happy to acknowledge you when you express things with such aptly-targeted directness, you lying sack of shit.

Don, Don, Don. You poor, angry, misguided little man. You have my sympathy.

donquixote99 10-02-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 361935)
Don, Don, Don. You poor, angry, misguided little man. You have my sympathy.

Your sympathy? I see no reason to think you have any capacity to offer honest human feeling to anyone. I doubt that your dog likes you, if you have one.

d-ray657 10-02-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 361922)
What Trump argument, specifically, did I parrot? I posted examples of fan reactions from the stadiums, none of which included Trump. So, either you're attempting to put words in my mouth, or a lying sack of excrement. Which is it?

First, you suggested that the players were misbehaving employees, then you stated that Trump was simply saying what the fans were thinking, and then you defended his call for the players to be fired. So you were parroting and defending. Now you have denied the evidence that exists on this very thread. Your reputation on this forum for dishonesty remains intact.