Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bud is two execs Lite-r (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13881)

whell 04-25-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 418109)
Who cares? I haven't drunk an American macro-lager, much less a light beer, in ~45 years when I moved to Germany and discovered the difference between real beer and the swill that is American macro-lager. I moved back just as the craft beer trend took off and I haven't looked back.

Good for you. I haven't had a Bud Light in years, though I sometimes might be caught drinking a Bud Light Lime.

There are some wonderful domestic beers that exist in the space between craft and macro brews. Pacifico is an excellent example, and its probably moved into the macro beer category in recent years.

nailer 04-25-2023 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 418118)
Good for you. I haven't had a Bud Light in years, though I sometimes might be caught drinking a Bud Light Lime.

There are some wonderful domestic beers that exist in the space between craft and macro brews. Pacifico is an excellent example, and its probably moved into the macro beer category in recent years.

Negro Modelo and Shiner Bock are nice enough. Have those along with Guinness Extra Stout in the fridge.

Rajoo 04-25-2023 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 418116)
The market responded to the marketing ploy and the company canned those responsible for its adverse impact on sales. Bud's response was appropriate.

Question is who is the market which whell is avoiding to mention.

Quote:

Anheuser-Busch facilities face threats after Bud Light backlash

“Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics,” according to a spokesperson. “From time to time we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public.”

A few days after the post was published, musician Kid Rock posted an Instagram video of himself shooting cases of Bud Light. “F**k Bud Light, F**k Anheuser-Busch,” he said. The video has garnered nearly 1.8 million views. Some conservatives called for a boycott.
Anheuser-Busch became an easy target for the anti LGBT wingnuts, though one must wonder why Busch even embarked on this. Most of their customer base is MAGA.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/busin...ats/index.html

finnbow 04-25-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 418118)

Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch and is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

That's why this wingnut meltdown over Bud Light is so stupid. Many of these outspoken wingnuts now have switched to Coors Lite which itself has been an outspoken advocate of LGBTQ rights or unwittingly to one of many other brands owned by ABInBev.

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich, a group that says it's opposed to "cancel culture."

nailer 04-25-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 418128)
Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch but is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

That's why this wingnut meltdown over Bud Light is so stupid. Many of these outspoken wingnuts now have switched to Coors Lite which itself has been an outspoken advocate of LGBTQ rights or unwittingly to one of many other brands owned by ABInBev.

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich.

Mexico is in North America. A really cute Mexican American pointed out this to me not all that long after I settled in East Dallas. We Yanks aren't the only Americans. ;^)

GChief 04-25-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 418128)
Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch and is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich, a group that says it's opposed to "cancel culture."

I had a discussion that was pretty much all that at work last Friday.

Nothing but deer in the headlights looks.

finnbow 04-25-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 418129)
Mexico is in North America. A really cute Mexican American pointed out this to me not all that long after I settled in East Dallas. We Yanks aren't the only Americans. ;^)

I'm not disputing that. It doesn't make Pacifico or Modelo (nor Molson or Labatt's) "American" beers just as your argument doesn't make Andrés Manuel López Obrador the American President.

nailer 04-25-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 418132)
I'm not disputing that. It doesn't make Pacifico or Modelo (nor Molson or Labatt's) "American" beers.

Didn't say you were and didn't say they were. (insert big grin emoji here)

Oerets 04-25-2023 09:58 AM

Drink any Beer for the taste not politics or ad ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b994hRcizU4

RickeyM 04-25-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 418135)
Drink any Beer for the taste not politics or ad ....

That's always been my practice irrespective of whoever has the bottle/can next to their mug on a TV screen. I'd drink the beer if I liked it even if TFG was hawking it in a commercial. Sure I'd have to don a disguise to buy it, but there you go.