Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   History (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   I'm thinking that it's time out time for me. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3901)

bobabode 04-24-2012 09:38 PM

I'm thinking that it's time out time for me.

Take it easy boys and girls. A little less eye gougin' and hair pulling is my recommendation. It's nice to have a debate but the behavior of late seems a bit more than I'm willing to stomach.

Yeah, I kick as hard as any and I apologize if I've hurt anyones feelings too deeply. Maybe you had it comin', maybe not. Who knows?
I'll be back (as some nobody shithead actor from home state said):rolleyes:

CarlV 04-24-2012 11:08 PM

We all need one sooner or later. Have a nice break, when you decide to come back we'll be here. :)

Carl

JJIII 04-25-2012 06:01 AM

Can't say as I blame you. The name calling, the refusal to accept the possibility of being wrong in a position, the refusal to even look at other viewpoints, etc. make the music thread the best one here at this moment. It's kind of sad really. There are a lot of highly intelligent and well spoken people here and the civil exchange of ideas is food for the brain. Right now it seems some are content with eating the same grilled cheese sandwich day after day after day.

I hope it gets better.

Charles 04-25-2012 06:22 AM

I've been considering the same. Life's hard enough without coming here and making it worse.

Chas

BlueStreak 04-25-2012 07:09 AM

Fair winds and following seas, my friend. Stay in touch, I'm sure we'll bump into each other over at AK.

Dave

BlueStreak 04-25-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 99145)
Can't say as I blame you. The name calling, the refusal to accept the possibility of being wrong in a position, the refusal to even look at other viewpoints, etc. make the music thread the best one here at this moment. It's kind of sad really. There are a lot of highly intelligent and well spoken people here and the civil exchange of ideas is food for the brain. Right now it seems some are content with eating the same grilled cheese sandwich day after day after day.

I hope it gets better.

Yep. I don't know why you guys keep doing it.:p

merrylander 04-25-2012 08:02 AM

Cheers Robert.

piece-itpete 04-25-2012 08:09 AM

Take it easy man, and come back!

Pete

painter 04-25-2012 08:18 AM

Now that spring is back in the picture and several months of work have come to an end...I like Bob will look to the positive aspects of the rest of the year. Heaven knows...it won't happen with political talk or any of the news channels.

There are sooo many positive things happening in my life right now. I shall concentrate on the blessings we have received this year.
I wish all of you a healthy and fun filled summer. Tell someone today...that you love them. :)

d-ray657 04-25-2012 08:52 AM

Somebody give me some ideas about how we can have a spirited debate but still remain civil? Should I actually engage in some moderation besides spam hunting?

Regards,

D-Ray