Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Republicans are coming! The republicans are coming! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=1526)

piece-itpete 07-26-2010 01:11 PM

The Republicans are coming! The republicans are coming!

Batten down the hatches folks!

First, Bush was not going to step down. Heard that song for 8 years - he'd stage a coup before leaving office.

Now, history aside (it was a DEMOCRAT Pres-for-life that stayed in till he died), the Tea Party Righties are going to start a civil war and bring civil society to its' knees.

We'll hear this until the GOP is in power again, and back to staging a coup.

I've only got one thing to say about this silliness:

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Thank you.

Pete

Boreas 07-26-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 34710)
Now, history aside (it was a DEMOCRAT Pres-for-life that stayed in till he died),

Um, 'cuz we kept electing him? And then elected his Veep after he served out FDR's last term.

Quote:

the Tea Party Righties are going to start a civil war and bring civil society to its' knees.
Maybe just an ever increasing series of lone nut cases of people being moved to violence by the lies of Glenn Beck and people like him. You know, like what's already happening?

Quote:

I've only got one thing to say about this silliness:

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Pete
Gladly. Where?

John

Boreas 07-26-2010 01:25 PM

Oh, and another thing. You can find an example of somebody another saying pretty much anything. Taking an outlandish statement (like Bush declaring martial law and refusing to step down) and then implying that anyone other than the utterer takes it seriously doesn't deserve to be taken seriously itself.

Of course, the "president" in question did steal two elections. :)

John

piece-itpete 07-26-2010 01:41 PM

It was the lefts', um, cause d'jour (sp?) on other sites during his terms - it's like deja vu all over again :p

Pete

Boreas 07-26-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 34713)
It was the lefts', um, cause d'jour (sp?) on other sites during his terms - it's like deja vu all over again :p

Pete

Cause du jour. You only do the hyphenation thing when the word following begins with a vowel, as in coup d'etat. ;)

Yeah, I know. I read all that shit at the time. It came from people posting to lefty sites like Crooks & Liars. Look, the Left has its share of idiots too but none of them has his own TV and radio show to spew hate, venom and insane conspiracy theories to an audience of millions.

The Right is systematically trying to panic the country. We've got the Becks, Limbaughs and Hannitys on the air*, we've got senators and congressmen shrieking that the president is a communist, saying we need to be "armed and dangerous", we've got governors suggesting we consider secession and we've got candidates for national office calling for "2nd Amendment remedies" and saying we should "gather (our) armies".

What the fuck, Pete? These are our supposed leaders (or yours). They're not some poor lonely schlub posting on an internet forum trying to escalate the rhetoric beyond what the previous schlub posted.

Get some perspective and, for Christ's sake, wake up to what these people are trying to do to us!

John

*Have you noticed? Even O'Reilly is trying to distance himself from these lunatics.

piece-itpete 07-26-2010 03:06 PM

I'm not saying there's no nuts, just that there's nuts all over. I think it's an overreaction both sides. I think that's perspective :D

And thanks for the French grammar lesson, I hope to remember it :)

Pete

Boreas 07-26-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 34721)
I'm not saying there's no nuts, just that there's nuts all over. I think it's an overreaction both sides. I think that's perspective :D

The perspective is that your nuts are in positions of power and influence. Our nuts are just.... nuts.

Quote:

And thanks for the French grammar lesson, I hope to remember it :)
Comes in handy at French restaurants, something of importance to us elitist Democrats.

John

Charles 07-26-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 34713)

Pete

Don't know about ya Pete, your French stinks and ya quote Yogi Bear.

Chas

d-ray657 07-26-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 34723)
Don't know about ya Pete, your French stinks and ya quote Yogi Bear.

Chas

Nobody goes to French restaurants any more; they're too crowded.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 07-26-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 34730)
Nobody goes to French restaurants any more; they're too crowded.

Regards,

D-Ray

Ya know, Yogi's from Missouri.

Just sayin'.

John