Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Lefty & Righty Quotas (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7135)

djv8ga 03-24-2014 06:52 PM

Lefty & Righty Quotas

We need an affirmative action of sorts on this board to balance out the number of Leftys to Rightys.
This program should be put in affect immediately before it becomes a terrible crises on our beloved website.
I'm very concerned we may go over the edge if this action is not taken. The number of Leftys has become unsustainable.
- The Right.

4-2-7 03-24-2014 06:55 PM

Agreed.

Im in the middle and there so far left they call me a bagger lol

djv8ga 03-24-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 204590)
Agreed.

Im in the middle and there so far left they call me a bagger lol

On the fence are ya?

4-2-7 03-24-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 204596)
On the fence are ya?

lol as long as Im not like they are it's sickening.

barbara 03-24-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 204599)
lol as long as Im not like they are it's sickening.

Don't worry, the ACA has the cure for ya.

bobabode 03-24-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 204589)
We need an affirmative action of sorts on this board to balance out the number of Leftys to Rightys.
This program should be put in affect immediately before it becomes a terrible crises on our beloved website.
I'm very concerned we may go over the edge if this action is not taken. The number of Leftys has become unsustainable.
- The Right.

Tired of being a dyin' breed Deej? :rolleyes:

donquixote99 03-24-2014 08:07 PM

You should say 'effect' there, not 'affect.'

The problem, obviously, is we communicate by writing to each other, and where are we going to find more 'righties' who can do it?

Zeke 03-24-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 204589)
- The Right.

Affirmative Action as impediment to Natural Selection is pointless. :rolleyes:
-- Anyone who thinks.

icenine 03-24-2014 08:32 PM

Most of the "righties" cannot get past the email spam filter during the registration process.
Proof that Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection is valid.

4-6-7 must had some special assistance.

one1 03-24-2014 08:49 PM

What if a person is left and right can I come to all the shindigs,I am for everything and against nothing.

4-2-7 03-24-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 204625)
Most of the "righties" cannot get past the email spam filter during the registration process.

4-6-7 must had some special assistance.

You must be dyslexic also, I see you do that all the time with many different numbers.;)

barbara 03-24-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 204630)
You must be dyslexic also, I see you do that all the time whit many different numbers.;)

This last whit of advice could use spell check.

icenine 03-24-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 204633)

hoisted on his own petard Barbara;)

icenine 03-24-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one1 (Post 204629)
What if a person is left and right can I come to all the shindigs,I am for everything and against nothing.

that is one boring shindig count me out....;)

bobabode 03-24-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

You're so wit' it! ;)

barbara 03-24-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 204635)
hoisted on his own petard Barbara;)

Hee hee. :)

bobabode 03-24-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 204625)

Do they still ask what colors are on the Uhmerican flag? :D

Hint: The answer isn't 'these colors don't run'.;)

donquixote99 03-24-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one1 (Post 204629)

You can come and go as you please. That's freedom, isn't it?

4-2-7 03-24-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

See Im dyslexic and I know it.

icenine 03-24-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 204649)
Do they still ask what colors are on the Uhmerican flag? :D

Hint: The answer isn't 'these colors don't run'.;)

It actually took me forever (like 6 months) it only worked when I used my work e-mail for some reason.

I thought you guys were trying to stay an exclusive club....as a guest it did seem the same people were posting over and over...which is true.

I guess we might look like a redoubt of liberal orthodoxy to the teabagger hoards trying to breach the castle ramparts lol;):)

Boreas 03-24-2014 11:51 PM

So, anyway, DJ, how do you plan to implement this quota system of yours? Do you plan on instituting a litmus test as part of the registration process? No new libs until the 'baggers have caught up? Do you think that purging lefties to bring things into balance is a good idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

John

Pio1980 03-25-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 204667)
So, anyway, DJ, how do you plan to implement this quota system of yours? Do you plan on instituting a litmus test as part of the registration process? No new libs until the 'baggers have caught up? Do you think that purging lefties to bring things into balance is a good idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

John

FWIW, Civil intelligent discourse on issues and facts in a context of differing opinions based on them should let the forum find it's level of balance.
OTOH, I may just be a unicorn farting rainbows.

4-2-7 03-25-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 204696)
FWIW, Civil intelligent discourse on issues and facts in a context of differing opinions based on them should let the forum find it's level of balance.

Maybe? but rainbows are better than the alliterative.

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 204667)

John

Purging political opposition........

Hmmmmm? Now who is known for that?

Wasn't it Stalin?:rolleyes:

Dave

Pio1980 03-25-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 204701)
Maybe? but rainbows are better than the alliterative.

You probably could use a good laff right now, find some yuks here on me;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0P_H4eajJg

donquixote99 03-25-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 204708)
Purging political opposition........

Hmmmmm? Now who is known for that?

Wasn't it Stalin?:rolleyes:

Dave

It's every violent authoritarian dick who ever got the power to do it.

JJIII 03-25-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 204696)

I think most people come looking for the bolded above and then drown in the cesspool this forum degenerates into. Just my opinion.:p

Bigerik 03-25-2014 08:53 AM

There is no shortage of righties on this board. However, the definition of that has changed. This man used to be Mr. Conservative. Now, he would be counted amongst the rest of us pinkos:

http://neveryetmelted.com/wp-images/Goldwater.jpg

donquixote99 03-25-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 204711)
I think most people come looking for the bolded above and then drown in the cesspool this forum degenerates into. Just my opinion.:p

Does such an extreme of negative labeling help to elevate the forum?

My opinion is it does the opposite. Especially as it's all we ever see from you.....

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 08:59 AM

Yep. Recently read some interesting stuff that contained Goldwaters thoughts on a number of issues still pertinent today. This guy basically launched the modern conservative movement, but he would be excoriated for his "liberal" views today.

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 09:02 AM

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism." "

Barry Goldwater

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 09:05 AM

"The big thing is to make this country, along with every other country in the world with a few exceptions, quit discriminating against people just because they're gay. You don't have to agree with it, but they have a constitutional right to be gay. And that's what brings me into it."

"Having spent 37 years of my life in the military as a reservist, and never having met a gay in all of that time, and never having even talked about it in all those years, I just thought, why the hell shouldn't they serve? They're American citizens. As long as they're not doing things that are harmful to anyone else... So I came out for it."

“Gays and lesbians are a part of every American family. They should not be shortchanged in their efforts to better their lives and serve their communities. As President Clinton likes to say, ‘If you work hard and play by the rules, you’ll be rewarded’ and not with a pink slip just for being gay.”

Barry Goldwater

Boreas 03-25-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7:Maybe? but rainbows are better than the alliterative.
Mean nasty liberal spell checker! We hates it!

John

Bigerik 03-25-2014 09:07 AM

More Goldwater 'Pinko" statements:

"Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."

"You don't need to be 'straight' to fight and die for your country. You just need to shoot straight."

"I feel very definitely that the [Nixon] administration is absolutely correct in cracking down on companies and corporations and municipalities that continue to pollute the nation's air and water. While I am a great believer in the free competitive enterprise system and all that it entails, I am an even stronger believer in the right of our people to live in a clean and pollution-free environment. To this end, it is my belief that when pollution is found, it should be halted at the source, even if this requires stringent government action against important segments of our national economy."

“Today’s so-called ‘conservatives’ don’t even know what the word means. They think I’ve turned liberal because I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That’s a decision that’s up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right. It’s not a conservative issue at all.”

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 09:07 AM

"What I was talking about[Gay rights, Abortion]was more or less 'conservative,' " Goldwater recalls, saying he was smeared by the people around President Johnson – "the most dishonest man we ever had in the presidency." Goldwater continues: "The oldest philosophy in the world is conservatism, and I go clear back to the first Greeks. ... When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."

Barry Goldwater

merrylander 03-25-2014 09:13 AM

There was a neat full page ad on the last page of the A section of the WaPo, paid for by Catholics for Choice - the Vatican will not be amused.:D

I hope SCOTUS reads it.

Boreas 03-25-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 204711)

http://maronites.files.wordpress.com...ng-finger2.jpg

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 204710)
It's every violent authoritarian dick who ever got the power to do it.

Right. And THAT could be anyone from any school of political ideology. Take stubborn intransigence, the belief that ones ideas are the "The word of God", or the "True American Way", mix in a love for violent force, (Guns and all things military, anyone?), and you have the recipe for some serious ugliness.

It doesn't have to be "leftist" or "rightist" ideology that drives it.

Dave

Pio1980 03-25-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 204725)

Oh Jeez, now you bring out Sister Mary Elephant??

BlueStreak 03-25-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 204719)
Mean nasty liberal spell checker! We hates it!

John

Are you being obtorsionist? I think you be needin' to trusequeate yourself so you don't look so ublimatic.

Dave