Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Audiokarma Temp (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Need some mental support... (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11124)

HarmanKardon 11-10-2016 01:08 AM

Need some mental support...

I feel now such a discomfort, such a mental uneasiness over there and this makes me very unhappy. You may guess why this is so.

It is difficult to spend leisure time with guys when you know that about 50% of them are reactionary. Just now I become so aware of that.

One day before the election my best AK friend and ultra-conservative American (actually an oxymoron, notice "moron" in oxymoron), and a wonderful guy ANYWAY, told me that he is hoping so much for Adolf Trump as president. The message of this (generally so very kind man) was full to bursting point with hatred towards Hillary Clinton.

I am a German, not a very patriotic, but pretty proud German. I suffered from all the manure Adolf Trump poured over Germany, the German chancellor and her policy.

Dear friends - maybe 34635 posts are enough now? Please an advice.

Chris

JJIII 11-10-2016 05:12 AM

Don't let your relationship with one friend affect your relationship with countless other friends on AK.

Just my opinion.

John

Oerets 11-10-2016 06:41 AM

Chris, like you have a tough time wrapping my head around the support Trump receives. The majority of my family and neighbors are in the Trump camp. Trust me they have been voicing their views strongly. I did not know the country they live in at all.

Finally reaching the conclusion the hate for HRC and the use of fear was to strong. They never liked HRC and never will. Thought Obama a dictator and Muslim also. Would hear Trumps empty words and insert their own views of what he really means to say. Wanted to blow up the system and start over. Well they have it now!

Some very nasty days ahead for my country. Now that it is looking backward not forward.

Barney

HarmanKardon 11-10-2016 07:01 AM

Thanks, John. But I need a little break until my emotional inner Self has calmed down a bit. But actually I can't stay entirely off because Ronnie asked me to do his Birthday job when he became sick some months ago and died ten days later. I'm still doing this favour for him day by day.

Barney - not only nasty days ahead to your country but also one day to the entire world.

Tom Joad 11-10-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 337086)
Thanks, John. But I need a little break until my emotional inner Self has calmed down a bit. But actually I can't stay entirely off because Ronnie asked me to do his Birthday job when he became sick some months ago and died ten days later. I'm still doing this favour for him day by day.

Barney - not only nasty days ahead to your country but also one day to the entire world.

Stick around Dude.

You're one of the good guys.

And I for one appreciate the perspective you bring.

But definitely take a break when you feel the need to. Everybody needs a break now and then. I took one a little while back.

As for Trump, don't worry about that. My instincts tell me he is nowhere near the ogre he's been made out to be. And I'm no right winger. I'm a Democratic So************************t like Bernie Sanders.

You can trust me on that.

My instincts have never been wrong.

Except for maybe once or twice. :D

nailer 11-10-2016 08:21 AM

You are being reactionary, Chris. Time will pass and your good friend will remain your friend.

FWIW this apolitical American agrees with TJ's analysis of Trump. In addition, consider the idea that Trump's campaign reflects/captured the American zeitgeist.

You also suffer from high post count syndrome for which there is no cure. ;) :)

Rajoo 11-10-2016 08:35 AM

Politics and religion should not be an issue between friends and any differences will pass with time. If not, that friendship has little value. All of my close friends were for Hillary and I was not, and I expect those differences to be soon forgotten. I even won a $100 bet on this election from one of my closest friends. :D

icenine 11-10-2016 09:26 AM

Start reading Marcel Proust again...by the time you finish we may be half-way through Trump. Let the beauty of the language be your sedative.

Remember that America will over come one way or another. This too shall pass.

Pio1980 11-10-2016 09:43 AM

I'm facing a similar situation here. He's an alt right /alt reality type to the point of faith.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

d-ray657 11-10-2016 10:18 AM

Does the internet cause us to react uncharacteristically or does the internet overcome the mask and reveal our true selves?

There are people with whom I can enjoy having a good debate, and there are some who show a disregard for others or for the truth that I find off-putting.

High feelings regarding this election have left some frayed nerve endings and impulsive reactions. This can deaden one's sense of humor.

On the other hand, if this place gives people the opportunity to vent, and feelings of anger and resentment do not expose themselves in more destructive ways, maybe we should have thick enough skin to endure the venting.