Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Election Day (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12570)

JJIII 11-06-2018 12:44 PM

Election Day

I hope everyone here participates.

One side of me says voting ought to be mandatory, the other side says that wouldn't be quite right.

bobabode 11-06-2018 01:03 PM

Voted straight (D) last Saturday. I hope to see Putin's favorite congressman, Dana Rohrabacher - Ca.48 go down in flames. ;)

bobabode 11-06-2018 03:23 PM

Just fed the troops down at our polling station. Philly Cheesesteaks all around!
I'll do a coffee run later.

HumblePi 11-06-2018 03:56 PM

I think that like a lot of Democratic voters today, we're all hopeful of course but still have an almost sick feeling in our stomachs because we understand that this election is possibly the most important of our lifetimes. The types of campaigns we've seen hasn't been witnessed since the days of George Wallace. I don't think we even dare to imagine what the consequences will be if Democrats don't take the House.

Once the results are final, we can begin to relax and hopefully celebrate a huge victory. A Republican majority in the House is precisely what's been wrong for the past two years. Having all three branches of government have given this disgusting man free rein to do whatever he wants and to take whatever financial rewards he can. There has to be some form of checks and balances for an autocratic government otherwise we're no longer a democracy. A Democratic House will do that and more. I'm hopeful that once the dust settles and Democrats are controlling the House Intelligence Committee and House Judicial Oversight, there will be lots and lots of subpoenas flying out left and right to every person the Republican Intelligence Committee let slide by without answering a damned question. This time around, it will be different and all the Trump kids will be subpoenaed in addition to Lewandowski, Stone, Bannon and others who got away scott free from answering the real questions. This time their feet will be held to the fire with Adam Schiff as Chair and Devin Nunes muzzled.

Then there's the Mueller investigation which will no longer be silenced because of the upcoming midterms. And once Jeff Sessions is fired, Mueller will be next so I hope he keeps his index finger poised over the 'send' button on his computer.

Oerets 11-06-2018 04:13 PM

Voted almost two weeks ago. Straight Democratic also against a balanced budget amendment that was on the ballot.
My fear is with the Republicans on this Trump crazy train. There by being all in, with everything to loose and not above cheating to win.
Will!

bobabode 11-06-2018 05:44 PM

'First Democratic flip of the night: Guam governor!' :D

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ampaign=recent

Pio1980 11-06-2018 06:38 PM

Hoping for some accountability for this babbling narcissistic nincompoop of a vicious media clown.
This brand of mob populism must cease, a dangerous substitute for tempered balanced governance.

Rajoo 11-06-2018 06:50 PM

I voted a straight D ticket today. We need more than a Blue Wave, a Progressive Revolution is what we need.

bobabode 11-06-2018 07:11 PM

Another one bites the dust...
Barbara Comstock R loses to Jennifer Wexton D in the Va.10th district
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...=.569bacf50637

Chicks 11-06-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 375871)
Another one bites the dust...
Barbara Comstock R loses to Jennifer Wexton D in the Va.10th district
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...=.569bacf50637

Quote:

She won by portraying the congresswoman as a Trump ally who was out of touch with a well-educated, diverse electorate that has begun to shift the district to the left.
That's about the crux of it. If the well-educated, diverse electorate across the country gets out and votes, we can overcome the ignorant, hateful, racist Trumpkin Repubes. Fingers and toes crossed. Our very democracy is at stake tonight.

bobabode 11-06-2018 09:03 PM

Just delivered some much needed coffee to the troops at our polling station. I've never seen this much turn out and there are a significant number of first time voters. 'Si se puedes!' :cool:

Chicks 11-06-2018 09:08 PM

Democrat Laura Kelly will defeat Republican Secretary of State Kris Kobach. Excellent! One of the worst scumbags goes down in flames!

Chicks 11-06-2018 09:37 PM

7 in 8 Chance Democrats win control (87.9%) of House.

A whole lot of very blue West Coast districts yet to be counted. Donny and Devin Nunes must be VERY nervous about now.

donquixote99 11-06-2018 10:03 PM

Dems do get the House, ABC projects. Interesting times ahead.

Chicks 11-06-2018 10:03 PM

CNN calling the House for Dems. Desperation time for Donny. What will he do? Lots of subpoenas coming, Donny! Your crime family enterprise will be exposed.

bobabode 11-06-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 375875)
Democrat Laura Kelly will defeat Republican Secretary of State Kris Kobach. Excellent! One of the worst scumbags goes down in flames!

That is excellent news!

Chicks 11-06-2018 10:35 PM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!
8:14 PM · Nov 6, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

(((DeanObeidallah))) @DeanObeidallah
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
Hey @realDonaldTrump enjoy Rep Adam Schiff as chair of the House intelligence committee. No more
@DevinNunes to protect you!

Lol.

HarmanKardon 11-07-2018 01:20 AM

What about the Reps success in the senate?

The decline of the democracy in America is carrying on. I did not expect anything else.

Oerets 11-07-2018 07:10 AM

We shall see what lies ahead.
Seeing if the Democrats can have accomplishments or counter, Trump's agenda.

Chicks 11-07-2018 07:31 AM

Scott Walker, once one of the Repube’s poster boys for hate, was defeated. Another scumbag goes down.

Chicks 11-07-2018 07:35 AM

Dana Rohrabacher — ‘Putin’s favorite congressman’ — loses to Democrat Harley Rouda

donquixote99 11-07-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 375888)
Dana Rohrabacher — ‘Putin’s favorite congressman’ — loses to Democrat Harley Rouda

And not an election too soon! Hooray!

Chicks 11-07-2018 08:42 AM

How white supremacist candidates fared in 2018
Self-described Nazis did poorly, but candidates linked to white supremacist groups did quite well.

Disgusting nazi Steve King re-elected. Steve Scalise, “David Duke without the baggage” re-elected. White Nationalist pig Ron DeSantis elected.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...term-elections

Chicks 11-07-2018 09:42 AM

Dennis Hof, the brothel owner who died last month, wins election

Pretty much sums up the intelligence of your average GOP voter.

Quote:

LAS VEGAS — A Nevada brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month after fashioning himself as a Donald Trump-style Republican candidate has won a heavily GOP state legislative district.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ection-n933366

JJIII 11-07-2018 10:38 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Missouri,_2000

Chicks 11-07-2018 10:59 AM

The battle with Trumpism is just beginning

Interesting how true conservatives often have the best insights into Trumpism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e19_story.html

Chicks 11-07-2018 11:00 AM

Donny just now, blaming the “hostile media” and dog whistling the Dem “wealthy donors”. Disgusting pig.

Pio1980 11-07-2018 11:13 AM

The narcissistic nincompoop is still babbling on and on, and on.

Chicks 11-07-2018 12:00 PM

MADISON, WISCONSIN (The Borowitz Report)—A Wisconsin man with no marketable skills was unable to keep his job on Tuesday night, sources close to the man have confirmed.

The man, Scott Walker, had been an employee of Koch Industries since 2010 until he was unceremoniously dismissed.

“No one likes to lose his job, but, really, Scott has nothing to complain about,” one source said. “When you have no useful skills whatsoever but you manage to hang onto a job for eight years, that’s a pretty good run.”

Although Walker faces a job market that will be daunting for a man with only rudimentary literacy and scant understanding of math, a spokesperson for Wisconsin’s teachers said that they stand “ready and willing” to give him the education he so sorely needs.

“As teachers, we see it as our duty to educate all of Wisconsin’s students, even super challenging ones like Scott Walker,” the spokesperson said.

:D

d-ray657 11-07-2018 02:19 PM

Yesterday was not what Democrats wanted, but Democrats won 23 out of 34 elections in the Senate and at least 223 in the House. Sometimes you win, but you don't beat the point spread.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode 11-07-2018 03:05 PM

We've got a new rep here in Orange county, Dana Rohrabacher was fired. :D

Pio1980 11-07-2018 03:06 PM

50 percent of something beats 100 percent of nothing.

Chicks 11-07-2018 04:26 PM

Putin Loses Control Of The House

MOSCOW (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “the biggest disappointment of my political career,” Vladimir Putin conceded late Tuesday night that he had lost control of the United States House of Representatives.

Putin made his concession speech from the Kremlin, where he congratulated the Democrats for waging a “tough fight.”

“Maybe if Facebook and Twitter hadn’t banned so many of my fake accounts, the results would have been different,” Putin said. “But I don’t want to make excuses—I threw everything I had at these races, and I lost.”

Putin did, however, have harsh words for Donald Trump, who opted for a fear-mongering closing argument about immigration despite the Russian President’s objections.

“I warned him that that would kill us in the suburbs, and he ignored me,” Putin said. “I hope this teaches him never to disobey my orders again.”

+48v 11-07-2018 07:22 PM

Dondilion 11-08-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 375912)
50 percent of something beats 100 percent of nothing.

Is it a Blue Wave?

bobabode 11-08-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 375924)
Is it a Blue Wave?

It was a pinkish blue wave. ;)

Dondilion 11-08-2018 02:31 PM

I suspect Dems are awfully disappointed.
Loaded with cash and facing a Trump with huge negatives the results fall well below expectation.
Let's compare to Obama experience.

Dondilion 11-08-2018 02:40 PM

In 2010 the Dems lost 63 seats in the House.

donquixote99 11-08-2018 02:41 PM

Beyond being disappointed, I continue to be very worried about how this is all going to turn out.

mpholland 11-08-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 375930)
Beyond being disappointed, I continue to be very worried about how this is all going to turn out.

Aside from the fact that the Senate just got a couple more votes to make it easier to enable the White House, nothing else will get accomplished. The House will write bill after bill that will die in the Senate, and the House will refuse to fund the other two branches. Essentially, the White House will be able to do whatever it can afford.