Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Let's lighten up. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6120)

Charles 08-12-2013 06:45 PM

Let's lighten up.

In view of the recent disharmony currently inflicting this humble forum, I thought that perhaps a little political humor, dished up by everyone's favorite political humorist, Jon Stewart, may be in order.

http://theweek.com/article/index/244...he-irs-scandal

Chas

bobabode 08-12-2013 07:27 PM

A little dated, Chas but whatever floats your rubber duckie.:D We've been jonesin' for Jon since he ran off to Iran to make a movie this summer. His sit in host , John Oliver, has been doing a bang up job but it just ain't the same.:(

Rex E. 08-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 168246)
A little dated, Chas but whatever floats your rubber duckie.:D We've been jonesin' for Jon since he ran off to Iran to make a movie this summer. His sit in host , John Oliver, has been doing a bang up job but it just ain't the same.:(

Yeah, Oliver is good but it will be nice when Stewart get back.

Colbert is where it's at. His show is on point from the title sequence right on through ;)

JJIII 08-13-2013 06:19 AM

Isn't it curious how a person with a microphone can be so clever when they speak to your own political view and such a turd in the punchbowl when they speak to the other side? I would suggest that an open mind can hold a lot more than a closed one. In the end there is not much we as individuals can do to change anything that happens at the national level, so maybe the best course is to keep our own sense of honor and morals (and sense of humor) as best we can.

merrylander 08-13-2013 07:05 AM

Never lost mine John, just too old and set in my ways.:)

JJIII 08-13-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 168312)
Never lost mine John, just too old and set in my ways.:)

There you go! (Where is the "thumbs up" smiley?)

d-ray657 08-13-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 168308)
Isn't it curious how a person with a microphone can be so clever when they speak to your own political view and such a turd in the punchbowl when they speak to the other side? I would suggest that an open mind can hold a lot more than a closed one. In the end there is not much we as individuals can do to change anything that happens at the national level, so maybe the best course to to keep our own sense of honor and morals (and sense of humor) as best we can.

Funny, when I hear the phrase that "the mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open" the next thing I hear is a sales pitch. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine 08-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 168308)
Isn't it curious how a person with a microphone can be so clever when they speak to your own political view and such a turd in the punchbowl when they speak to the other side? I would suggest that an open mind can hold a lot more than a closed one. In the end there is not much we as individuals can do to change anything that happens at the national level, so maybe the best course to to keep our own sense of honor and morals (and sense of humor) as best we can.

If people thought like this then women would still not have the vote,
and segregation would probably still be in effect in the South. Your last sentence is total bullshit.

I was not as nice as D-ray sorry.

JJIII 08-13-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 168316)
Funny, when I hear the phrase that "the mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open" the next thing I hear is a sales pitch. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

What exactly is it you think I'm selling?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 168329)
If people thought like this then women would still not have the vote,
and segregation would probably still be in effect in the South. Your last sentence is total bullshit.

I was not as nice as D-ray sorry.

I must be in a low oxygen area today. I don't understand this at all either. :confused:

Rajoo 08-13-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 168316)

Regards,

D-Ray

Best way to keep a parachute afloat is hot air. :D