Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hello, I am new here (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5496)

Rajoo 03-12-2013 04:13 PM

Hello, I am new here

Like to introduce myself, my name is rajoo and I live in the SF Bay Area.

I am a political centrist but when forced to, associate with the left. Did vote for Obama in 2012 but was truly a vote against Romney.

My user name in AK is "rajoo" but on this forum chosen the name "BeamOn" so I can shed some light on this troubled world we live in. :D Actually it's the name of my company and we have a cool logo that I plan to use as my avatar if I am allowed to hang around long enough. An engineer by education (Illinois) and a long time small business owner without any affiliation to business groups.

Look forward to sharing some thoughts with my fellow members of this forum.

rajoo

finnbow 03-12-2013 04:26 PM

Welcome. Stick around and post. If ebacon tries to razz you, tell him to stuff it.

Dondilion 03-12-2013 04:35 PM

Welcome aboard!

Zeke 03-12-2013 05:49 PM

Warm greetings!

JJIII 03-12-2013 05:55 PM

Welcome! Take your shoes off, sit a spell.:)

noonereal 03-12-2013 05:59 PM

What up? :p

d-ray657 03-12-2013 06:12 PM

Welcome Beamon.

The interesting part about determining where a centrist stands is trying to figure out what has happened to the center. It seems to me that the center has moved to the right in recent years. But we usually find that the labels don't fit anyway, because everyone brings a different perspective here. I even find myself agreeing with the righties from time to time. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Rajoo 03-12-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 150466)
Welcome Beamon.

The interesting part about determining where a centrist stands is trying to figure out what has happened to the center. It seems to me that the center has moved to the right in recent years. But we usually find that the labels don't fit anyway, because everyone brings a different perspective here. I even find myself agreeing with the righties from time to time. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Centrist is the missing link between the extremes (Pelosi & Ryan?) that the two party system has devolved into. As a business owner for over twenty five years, our economy is in one of my greatest concerns. Fairness in taxation and elimination of corporate subsidies is where the dialog needs to start to address our budget deficits. But we keep kicking the can down the road. Thanks for the welcome.

rajoo.

bobabode 03-12-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 150467)
Centrist is the missing link between the extremes (Pelosi & Ryan?) that the two party system has devolved into. As a business owner for over twenty five years, our economy is in one of my greatest concerns. Fairness in taxation and elimination of corporate subsidies is where the dialog needs to start to address our budget deficits. But we keep kicking the can down the road. Thanks for the welcome.

rajoo.

Hi Rajoo, Nice to see you over here. Join in the fun. Regards, Bob.

d-ray657 03-12-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 150467)

rajoo.

It's fun to find common ground, but also fun to debate. We probably have some common ground on corporate welfare, but my use of the term probably reveals a bit about my perspective.

Regards,

D-Ray