Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Morons welcome in the NRA? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7434)

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 04:48 PM

Morons welcome in the NRA?

http://www.newslo.com/nra-claims-sma...nt-gun-owners/

“The NRA recognizes that the ‘smart guns’ issue clearly has the potential to mesh with the anti-gunner’s agenda,” said the organization in a statement on their website, “opening the door to a ban on all guns that do not possess the government-required technology, and discriminating against individuals who are not particularly intelligent- one of the NRA’s larger target demographics.”

LOL!

Dave

bobabode 05-06-2014 04:57 PM

They even threatened his dog? :mad:
Effin' morons is right.

"The latest announcement came in response to reports that Andy Raymond, a gun store owner in Rockland, Maryland, reversed his plan to sell the nation’s first commercially-available smart gun after gun rights activists sent him multiple threats against both his life and the life of his dog." OPs link

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 04:58 PM

(Yes, I know it's satire.)

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 05:00 PM

(Well, sort of. Some of it's true.)

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 05:46 PM

If you click on the "Show Facts" button, below the picture it highlights what is fact.

Dave

Tom Joad 05-06-2014 05:58 PM

I actually joined the NRA for a year back in the 1990's.

I was pissed off about that 10 round magazine limit even though it didn't affect me.

I thought it was really stupid.

Still do.

However I quickly realized I was in the company of people even more stupid than the ones that came up with the 10 round limit.

So I didn't renew my membership.

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 06:22 PM

I realized just how stupid some of them are when my ex-brother in law, who insisted on keeping loaded weapons in the house to "protect his family" got drunk one night and shot a beer bottle that was sitting on the kitchen table. A chunk of glass hit my nephew in the forehead, leaving a scar you can still see today, forty years later.

Both my ex brother in law and my nephew still keep loaded guns within reach today and for the same reason. However, the only person to have ever gotten shot at in his home was my nephew and it was his idiot father who fired the weapon.

I have had little to do with them or their ilk, ever. In fact, I can't stand them.

Dave

Tom Joad 05-06-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 216196)
I realized just how stupid some of them are when my ex-brother in law, who insisted on keeping loaded weapons in the house to "protect his family" got drunk one night and shot a beer bottle that was sitting on the kitchen table. A chunk of glass hit my nephew in the forehead, leaving a scar you can still see today, forty years later.

Both my ex brother in law and my nephew still keep loaded guns within reach today and for the same reason. However, the only person to have ever gotten shot at in his home was my nephew and it was his idiot father who fired the weapon.

I have had little to do with them or their ilk, ever. In fact, I can't stand them.

Dave

I had a coworker whose brother-in-law was playing around with a shotgun while watching TV is his living room and shot a hole in his ceiling.

Pio1980 05-06-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 216188)
I actually joined the NRA for a year back in the 1990's.

I was pissed off about that 10 round magazine limit even though it didn't affect me.

I thought it was really stupid.

Still do.

However I quickly realized I was in the company of people even more stupid than the ones that came up with the 10 round limit.

So I didn't renew my membership.

Actually it was their hysterical response to the assault weaponry and high capacity mag issues that made me realize I wanted nothing further to do with them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BlueStreak 05-06-2014 07:55 PM

People here get mad when I poke at rednecks. They call me "elitist" and accuse me of not knowing anything about rednecks.

Ummmmmmm..............

Yes I do. In fact, certain members of my family.......

Well, let's just say rural Ohio has no shortage of rednecks at all. It's quite full of them, actually.

Dave