Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Donald Trump Lost Today. It's Over. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11040)

icenine 10-07-2016 04:07 PM

Donald Trump Lost Today. It's Over.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e655eab4148d

Boreas 10-07-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 332835)

I just posted that with a much more complete audio over in he Trump Is In thread.

bobabode 10-07-2016 04:24 PM

Trump is a pig.

HarmanKardon 10-08-2016 02:47 AM

Tie-break for Hillary?

The German political commentators say that this topic probably could break Trump's neck.

Rajoo 10-08-2016 02:58 AM

Nah, just food for TV junkies and will soon be forgotten. His stock probably went up with the macho men and he didn't have much to lose from the women anyway.

He could claim that the video was doctored by the media and his supporters will not only believe him but blame the media for his problems.

68custom 10-08-2016 08:13 AM

I don't think there are enough middle aged white males to elect the Orange A-hole without the help from some other demographic and hopefully his comments prevent those from voting for this pig!

barbara 10-08-2016 08:19 AM

I don't know what his words sounded like to males, but as a female... He sounded like a predator.
I'll be the first to admit I don't like the guy, so there is probably some bias on my part.... On the other hand, if I heard any guy say these same things I would still think the words sound like the words of a predator.

whell 10-08-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 332873)
I don't know what his words sounded like to males, but as a female... He sounded like a predator.
I'll be the first to admit I don't like the guy, so there is probably some bias on my part.... On the other hand, if I heard any guy say these same things I would still think the words sound like the words of a predator.

No worse than I've heard in any locker room, on any golf course, or in any bar on a Saturday night.

On the other hand, this won't matter a whit to the folks who would vote for Trump, just like Bill Clinton's antics never mattered a whit his supporters. Some of those were ardent feminists who looked the other way and pulled the lever for him anyway.

And those will be many of the same folks who will go to the polls next month and pull the lever for Hillary, who publicly trashed Bill's women in the media, before Bill finally acknowledged the truth later on.

Someone queue Tammy Wynette singling Stand by Your Man.

finnbow 10-08-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332874)
No worse than I've heard in any locker room, on any golf course, or in any bar on a Saturday night.

I guess it depends on who you hang out with.:cool:

Boreas 10-08-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 332875)

I agree with whell on one thing. This won't matter to the people who support Trump. They already know who Trump is and they don't care. And just to make sure his fans understand what's at stake, Trump rereleased one of his greatest hits: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...te-dna-n661941

whell 10-08-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 332875)

No it doesn't. Hell, I was in a family restaurant with my daughter a few weeks ago and a couple of idiots walked in carrying on with a discussion laden with F bombs. Kudos to the owner for telling them to leave. But lots off folks these days seem to have little self restraint.

Boreas 10-08-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332877)
No it doesn't. Hell, I was in a family restaurant with my daughter a few weeks ago and a couple of idiots walked in carrying on with a discussion laden with F bombs. Kudos to the owner for telling them to leave. But lots off folks these days seem to have little self restraint.

Do you think we could tell Trump to just leave?

The restaurateur told that group to leave because their behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. Don't you think that we should hold a presidential candidate to the same standard?

More to the point, this is part of a pattern we've been seeing in Trump for years, from public displays of marital infidelity, multiple allegations of rape, misogynistic public tirades against multiple women, from Rosie O'Donnell to Heidi Cruz, and the public fat shaming and objectification of Alicia Machado.

mpholland 10-08-2016 09:55 AM

How a person feels toward women isn't high on my priority list for the things that need to be taken care of in the oval office. That being said, I don't think Hilary cares one iota about women besides herself either. She just isn't blatant about it. They are both big pretenders and I still haven't decided yet if I can even vote for the POTUS in the looming election with a clear conscience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 332878)

The restaurateur told that group to leave because their behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. Don't you think that we should hold a presidential candidate to the same standard?

More to the point, this is part of a pattern we've been seeing in Trump for years, from public displays of marital infidelity, multiple allegations of rape, misogynistic public tirades against multiple women, from Rosie O'Donnell to Heidi Cruz, and the public fat shaming and objectification of Alicia Machado.

That's an easy spin for Trump folk. They look at the first paragraph and say "he's trying to tell them Mexicans to leave, ain't he"? Then they go to the second paragraph and say "change a couple names and you'd be talking about Bill Clinton".

Pio1980 10-08-2016 10:07 AM

Bill Clinton isn't the candidate, the feces flinging primate of Trump tower is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mpholland 10-08-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 332882)
Bill Clinton isn't the candidate, the feces flinging primate of Trump tower is.

True. Bill just seems to be held in the same regard as Saint Ronnie. Which is why I wonder how a persons treatment of women is telling about how good a president he will be.

BlueStreak 10-08-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332874)

On the other hand, this won't matter a whit to the folks who would vote for Trump, just like Bill Clinton's antics never mattered a whit his supporters. Some of those were ardent feminists who looked the other way and pulled the lever for him anyway.

And those will be many of the same folks who will go to the polls next month and pull the lever for Hillary, who publicly trashed Bill's women in the media, before Bill finally acknowledged the truth later on.

Someone queue Tammy Wynette singling Stand by Your Man.

True..........but fuck Trump anyways. (Speaking of things typically heard in locker rooms and bars.)

Pio1980 10-08-2016 10:25 AM

The difference seems to be that Bill was just another serial philaderer behind the scenery, whereas Trump brings a strong element of non self-conscious macho mysogeny into his relationship with women in general.

Boreas 10-08-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 332884)
True. Bill just seems to be held in the same regard as Saint Ronnie. Which is why I wonder how a persons treatment of women is telling about how good a president he will be.

This is far from the only area in which Trump has demonstrated his unsuitability to be president but it's all of a piece with his racism, xenophobia and overall contempt for his fellow human beings.

mpholland 10-08-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 332888)
This is far from the only area in which Trump has demonstrated his unsuitability to be president but it's all of a piece with his racism, xenophobia and overall contempt for his fellow human beings.

Much better answer. Still don't like either candidate though. Both will likely upset the SCOTUS in a negative fashion. What a fucked up time to be an American.

BlueStreak 10-08-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Because they don't care if they "offend" you and they certainly aren't going to soothe your "political correctness" by letting you tell them what they can say. "This is uh-Merika and I can say what I want, you f**kin' Libtard!"........

Gee, I wonder where they got that from?

Probably the same stupid, shortsighted party that gave us Trump.:rolleyes:

icenine 10-08-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 332879)
How a person feels toward women isn't high on my priority list for the things that need to be taken care of in the oval office. That being said, I don't think Hilary cares one iota about women besides herself either. She just isn't blatant about it. They are both big pretenders and I still haven't decided yet if I can even vote for the POTUS in the looming election with a clear conscience.

That's an easy spin for Trump folk. They look at the first paragraph and say "he's trying to tell them Mexicans to leave, ain't he"? Then they go to the second paragraph and say "change a couple names and you'd be talking about Bill Clinton".

Women make up half of humanity. Any President who discounts half of humanity is not going to solve any problems in our nation.

Pio1980 10-08-2016 10:50 AM

Trustworthiness in one's personal relationships can cast a pall on their trustworthiness elsewhere. If your spouse can't trust you, why should we trust you?
Sometimes it carries over, sometimes it doesnt. Trump's lack of trustworthiness carries into his other affairs from his business practices to his financial affairs.

whell 10-08-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 332878)

Such behavior is Clinton's legacy and he's still a rock star in the Dem world. He's out campaigning for his wife yet I have yet to hear any Dems suggesting that he's a liability due to his behavior. Until that happens, I'll regard all of this as faux outrage and highly selective indignation.

Boreas 10-08-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332893)
Such behavior is Clinton's legacy and he's still a rock star in the Dem world. He's out campaigning for his wife yet I have yet to hear any Dems suggesting that he's a liability due to his behavior. Until that happens, I'll regard all of this as faux outrage and highly selective indignation.

Actually, I think Bill is a liability and have said so here - and not just for his past behavior. And I think you'll find that Bill isn't the "rock star" you claim him to be, especially among younger voters, the youngest of which were 3 years old when he left office.

Pio1980 10-08-2016 11:06 AM

Bill is a diversion, he isn't running. As a campaigner, he's a mixed bag overall but well regarded by many.

Boreas 10-08-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 332895)
Bill is a diversion, he isn't running. As a campaigner, he's a mixed bag overall but well regarded by many.

Of course he is but it's all Trump has left. Guys like Trump (and whell) sound like first graders: "Bill did it first and he was worse than me."

finnbow 10-08-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

So, that was offensive to you, but Trump's comments weren't? WTF? Don't you expect more from a presidential candidate than you do of a couple of miscreants in a family restaurant?

barbara 10-08-2016 11:35 AM

The thing is.... What Bill did was have CONSENSUAL sex outside of his marriage. While I don't condone that.... It is a whole lot different than a male grabbing the genitals of a women who has NOT CONSENTED to physical contact.

There is a big difference.

finnbow 10-08-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 332898)
The thing is.... What Bill did was have CONSENSUAL sex outside of his marriage. While I don't condone that.... It is a whole lot different than a male grabbing the genitals of a women who has NOT CONSENTED to physical contact.

Indeed. The "family values" party that thought getting a BJ from a willing Monica was an impeachable offense now stands by a guy who admitted on tape that he was entitled to sexually assault any woman he wanted to because he's a celebrity just months after his marriage to his third wife.

Pio1980 10-08-2016 11:53 AM

But, but, it's not hypocrisy when WE do it.

icenine 10-08-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

The whole thing about calling Hillary an enabler is a blame the victim thing; that is why they are going after Bill when Hillary is running NOT the former President. It is a sort of sordid moral equivalency. Somehow it was all her
fault.

JCricket 10-08-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 332879)

Of course the OP's post is strictly about how Trump views women not its relativity to the oval office. Etiquette, diplomacy,consideration and virtue have nothing to do with politics and how to lead and communicate in difficult situations. World leaders and the people who they represent should not be concerned about how they are perceived, much less with what they are. After all, they are the leaders and the ones in charge. They get to make the rules and decide ultimately on what will happen to us..............

Pio1980 10-08-2016 01:23 PM

Defending this pompous vainglorious manchild should be getting really awkward for the 'Pubs by now, if it wasn't previously.

bobabode 10-08-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332893)

False equivalence, my friend.

bobabode 10-08-2016 02:10 PM

Maybe Trump can get Bill Cosby on the stump for him during these final weeks?

whell 10-08-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 332897)
So, that was offensive to you, but Trump's comments weren't? WTF? Don't you expect more from a presidential candidate than you do of a couple of miscreants in a family restaurant?

Show me where I said his comments weren't offensive.

And yes, I had higher hopes for the nominees this fall for both parties, but we got what we've got. Gary Johnson, geographically challenged as he may be, is looking better every day.

finnbow 10-08-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 332910)
Show me where I said his comments weren't offensive.

And yes, I had higher hopes for the nominees this fall for both parties, but we got what we've got. Gary Johnson, geographically challenged as he may be, is looking better every day.

He's far more than geographically challenged.

merrylander 10-08-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Indeed and anyone who know says that they support this predatory pig (apologies to the pigs) is admitting they subscribe to that same level of morality in effect admitting that they have none.

BlueStreak 10-08-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 332899)
Indeed. The "family values" party that thought getting a BJ from a willing Monica was an impeachable offense now stands by a guy who admitted on tape that he was entitled to sexually assault any woman he wanted to because he's a celebrity just months after his marriage to his third wife.

And, that says it all, doesn't it?

When Trump said he could kill someone on Time Square and his polls would rise, he was right.

Maybe it's the inability of some to separate reality from celebrity character? Look at ALL of the actors, t.v. personalities that certain folks think will or would have made "badass" presidents. You hear it all of the time. John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc., etc.............

Remember the bump Reagan got in the polls when his campaign released that picture of him on horseback with a cowboy hat on? Was Reagan ever a real cowboy? Nope. Would it really mean anything if he had been? Nope.

Are such people just dumb or is it some sort of mental illness, an inability to discern reality from fantasy?

donquixote99 10-08-2016 05:21 PM

Richard Wolffe in the Guardian: This is the point of no return for Donald Trump

Without sweeping 'white females' Trump cannot win. Romney did that, but Trump hasn't got a prayer. Not now.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...roping-apology