Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Snap Shots of YOUR Republican Party, 21st Century Style (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6130)

bobabode 10-20-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176950)
Well Dave, then your site is off.

I didn't say that, you are. Am I concerned about the presidents policies? you bet. But I'm not "burned up" by it.
That's because none of it surprises me. While I didn't make a prediction on
open forum, I suspected that president Obama was going to win reelection,
and already had an idea as to what sort of policies he was going to try and put in place.

So when did the tea party actually become a political party?
Is anyone actually registered to vote "tea party"?
Does "tea party" come up as an alternative choice on the ballot?

The tea party is simply an organized group like many others across the country. They exist on both sides of the political fence.

Even if that were the case, why do you care?

*Chuckle* You post this kind of stuff then accuse others of ranting? yeah right.

Got any examples, see bolded?

glen65 10-20-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176936)
Who said anything about Boehner following the nihilists into purgatory? <grin> He's a survivor, if nothing else.:rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boehner

You seemed to suggest that the speaker was following libertarians,
being led around by the nose. If that wasn't the case then lets go back to
your earlier post...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176882)
I should have clarified it for you my pedantic friend.<grin> Dogmatic ideology is what I meant. Hopefully Boehner has learned his lesson that he shouldn't allow himself to be lead around by his nose by nihilists and libertarians.

So it took time before he eventually gave in to the democrat party.
That doesn't prove he was being "led around" by someone else.

bobabode 10-20-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176954)
You seemed to suggest that the speaker was following libertarians,
being led around by the nose. If that wasn't the case then lets go back to
your earlier post...

So it took time before he eventually gave in to the democrat party.
That doesn't prove he was being "led around" by someone else.

Your logical fallacies still abound, I see. <grin>

glen65 10-20-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176953)
Got any examples, see bolded?

Sure, a few examples of groups who support the democrats would be..
NAACP
Center for Progressive Leadership
Sierra Club

glen65 10-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176955)
Your logical fallacies still abound, I see. <grin>

Ok, lets explore it.
When you said that he was being lead around by the nose, what
makes you so sure that was the case?

glen65 10-20-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 176952)
Is there anyone else here who recognizes the Tea Party exists, has members in congress and is having an impact on American politics?

Glen seems to be suffering from rightwing amnesia. Maybe we can help jog his memory.

You're not paying attention,
I haven't denied the existence of the tea party.
My point was that they are not an actual political party, as the republicans
and democrats are. People are talking about them as though they are a political party.
When you are able to change your voter registration to "tea party" let me know.

BlueStreak 10-20-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176956)
NAACP
Sierra Club

So, are you saying those groups have no impact on our political system? Unions---no impact? LGBT advocacies, no impact on legislation whatsoever?

All just innocent little lambs standing by the sidelines who never raise funds or lend support for candidates......Just like the innocuous, saintly and completely non-activist Tea Party? (According to you.)

Either you're a total idiot, or you think we are.

Fear of being "primaried" by Tea Party backed candidates is one of the things weak-willed Republican incumbents buckle to. Boehner wants to hold onto his seat, so does McConnell. They finally figured out that it's better for their party to live to fight another day than die keeping up an asinine Ted Cruz tactic. So they manned up and did what had to be done, Tea party zealots be damned.

You remind me of the 1980s and the mobsters who adamantly insisted the Mafia didn't exist. They were full of shit and so are you.

Dave

icenine 10-20-2013 05:52 PM

Forget about it;)

glen65 10-20-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 176963)
So, are you saying those groups have no impact on our political system? Unions---no impact? LGBT advocacies, no impact on legislation whatsoever?

All just innocent little lambs standing by the sidelines who never raise funds or lend support for candidates......Just like the innocuous, saintly and completely non-activist Tea Party? (According to you.)

Either you're a total idiot, or you think we are.

Fear of being "primaried" by Tea Party backed candidates is one of the things weak-willed Republican incumbents buckle to. Boehner wants to hold onto his seat, so does McConnell. They finally figured out that it's better for their party to live to fight another day than die keeping up an asinine Ted Cruz tactic. So they manned up and did what had to be done, Tea party zealots be damned.

You remind me of the 1980s and the mobsters who adamantly insisted the Mafia didn't exist. They were full of shit and so are you.

Dave

Earlier I said this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176950)
The tea party is simply an organized group like many others across the country. They exist on both sides of the political fence.

Bob questioned this, by asking me to give him some examples of those on
the other side. I simply gave him some examples.

BlueStreak 10-20-2013 06:21 PM

Oh, you said more than that in other posts.

You accused the speaker of caving to Democrats. I see what he did as standing up to far right whackjobs, sent to congress with the endorsement and support of tea party organizations, and ultimately doing what I believe to have been the right thing.. I applaud his showing of backbone against the tide of lunacy that has infected his party like an explosive diarrhea causing parasite.

glen65 10-20-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 176970)
Oh, you said more than that in other posts.

You accused the speaker of caving to Democrats. I see what he did as standing up to far right whackjobs, sent to congress with the endorsement and support of tea party organizations, and ultimately doing what I believe to have been the right thing.. I applaud his showing of backbone against the tide of lunacy that has infected his party like a cancerous, metastasized disease.

Dave, you responded to this reply.

Quote:

NAACP
Sierra Club

All I did here was answer bob's question, asking for examples of groups
which support the other side of the political isle. He asked, So I gave him a few.

bobabode 10-20-2013 06:45 PM

So Glen, we aren't supposed to take your previous statements and positions into account when having a discussion? Really? Why is that?

glen65 10-20-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176974)
So Glen, we aren't supposed to take your previous statements and positions into account when having a discussion? Really? Why is that?

Never suggested that.
But he quoted a specif post concerning answering a simple question,
and starts running his mouth about things that aren't relevant to the point at all.
If he wants to talk about something else I said earlier, he can quote it
and I'll see about a response. Too much to ask? apparently so.

bobabode 10-20-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

NAACP
Sierra Club

My apologies I read more into your statement than I should have. Could've sworn there was a comma in there.

Originally Posted by glen65 http://www.politicalchat.org/images/...s/viewpost.gif

bobabode 10-20-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176977)
Never suggested that.
But he quoted a specif post concerning answering a simple question,
and starts running his mouth about things that aren't relevant to the point at all.
If he wants to talk about something else I said earlier, he can quote it
and I'll see about a response. Too much to ask? apparently so.

Might I suggest the '73 Montelena Chardonay for this latest whinefest? It's the schizzle from Californication.:D

glen65 10-20-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176978)
My apologies I read more into your statement than I should have.

Originally Posted by glen65 http://www.politicalchat.org/images/...s/viewpost.gif

No problem, when these threads start going past 10 pages long it can be pretty
easy to make a mistake.

glen65 10-20-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 176979)
Might I suggest the '73 Montelena Chardonay for this latest whinefest? It's the schizzle from Californication.:D

Is that the one which went for more than 10 grand at auction?

bobabode 10-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glen65 (Post 176982)
Is that the one which went for more than 10 grand at auction?

I wouldn't be surprised. We wiped the floor with the French in '76 with that one.

See 'Bottle Shock', a fine little movie.:)

d-ray657 10-20-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 176918)
I think Christie wins IF Hillary does not run.

He cannot take the states Obama did if Hillary is there. Christie may be able to win the purple states if she does not run. Biden vs Christie is much more competitive race.

If the economy is still on the upswing and Obamacare is seen as a success by then Biden may beat Christie.

If I was Christie I would really be pushing full blast for Immigration reform right now. It is a no brainer for him.

If I were to lay a bet, I would take the Democratic field vs. both Hillary and Joe. Not to be ageist, but I think that a fresh face would have a good chance to gather some steam.

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine 10-20-2013 08:21 PM

yeah they are both pretty old...but that sometimes plays ok, like with Reagan.

I think women really want Hillary, and I have met women at work who dislike Obama but are ready to vote for Hillary.

My dream ticket would be a Hillary/Castro ticket

all things being equal of course.....the state of the nation in 2016 will be a factor also.

Perhaps you are thinking of Elizabeth Warren.

icenine 10-20-2013 11:40 PM

It Is Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4133836.html

bobabode 10-20-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 177001)

Give the Dems five senate seats plus the house and it'll look a lot like California.:D

icenine 10-25-2013 12:08 PM

Strategic War Expert Criticizes Obama On Osama

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...p_ref=politics

bobabode 10-25-2013 12:14 PM

This one deserves a cross posting. "You do realize we can hear you".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=mostpopular

finnbow 10-25-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 177470)

In a Thursday radio interview with conservative host Hugh Hewitt, Cheney was asked whether he would have advised president Barack Obama to "allow the victory dance that occurred and the operational details to come out." Cheney's answer amounted to no.

... says the man from the "Mission Accomplished" administration. What an @sshole.

Obama should hire Cheney and John Bolton as foreign policy advisers and do exactly the opposite of what they recommend.

CarlV 10-25-2013 12:38 PM

Cheney should be prosecuted for his war crimes.Rumsfeld too for his.

Carl

icenine 10-25-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 177472)
This one deserves a cross posting. "You do realize we can hear you".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=mostpopular

It might have been Comedy Central but that moron was serious. Is not that evidence of discrimination with intent?

BlueStreak 10-25-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 177497)
It might have been Comedy Central but that moron was serious. Is not that evidence of discrimination with intent?

Of course it is. How in the hell could anyone see it any other way?

Dave

piece-itpete 10-25-2013 02:16 PM

One can always find a nut.

Pete

BlueStreak 10-25-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 177473)
In a Thursday radio interview with conservative host Hugh Hewitt, Cheney was asked whether he would have advised president Barack Obama to "allow the victory dance that occurred and the operational details to come out." Cheney's answer amounted to no.

... says the man from the "Mission Accomplished" administration. What an @sshole.

Obama should hire Cheney and John Bolton as foreign policy advisers and do exactly the opposite of what they recommend.

As I'm sure you know, the purpose is to deny any credit going to the president, his party, anyone in his administration for anything good that happens, great or small. The American people are to perceive the (new) GOP as being the ONLY force for good.

How is that working out for them?;)

Dave

BlueStreak 10-25-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 177502)
One can always find a nut.

Pete

And the GOPs mighty oak seems to awfully rich with them these days. I'd say it's a bumper crop this year.

Dave

piece-itpete 10-25-2013 02:35 PM

They're just in the limelight. The nuts stay quieter both sides when their guy is in. Plus for some reason the far right seems better organized that the far left, less drugs? :D

Pete

donquixote99 10-25-2013 03:33 PM

Uh, when the boomers were in their tweens, there were lots and lots of far left. See how it works?

BlueStreak 10-25-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 177512)
Uh, when the boomers were in their tweens, there were lots and lots of far left. See how it works?

Precisely. Now, all of those Q-Tips in the Tea Party crowd have become the angry white folks their parents were forty years ago.

I've brought this up before; That it seems that many of the far right people I know today were the leftist radicals of the '60s and '70s. It seems these idiots can't do anything without overdoing it. Railing against the fruit from seeds they, themselves sowed not so long ago.

A few years ago, I was in Ohio driving with my eldest brother, a GM retiree and UAW member since 1967. As we passed a picket line outside a local business, he yelled out the window, "GO BACK TO WORK, YOU GREEDY FUCKIN' BASTARDS!!!".

As he turned to look at me I said, "Now that it's not YOU, it's no good, Huh?"

The same guy once told me he voted for Obama both times, because; "When someone does something wonderful for you, you don't forget it." (In reference to the GM bailout and his union pension.) But, now he talks trash about the president because: "....'round here------everybody hates that nigger." I consider my brother to be a quite a bit smarter than the average Ohio hayseed ignoramus. But, he feels he has to go along to fit in.

And, to me, that says a lot about current affairs.

Dave

Dave

donquixote99 10-25-2013 05:48 PM

Just about everyone feels they 'have to go along to fit in.' It can be a very hard force to buck.

It's funny how people who tell you ''round here------everybody hates that nigger' will also tell you 'there is no racism in America any more.'

In fact, it's fuckin' hilarious.

Just is a blatant example of how 'the colors of cultural identity' often clash.

JJIII 10-25-2013 07:22 PM

Sailing in shallow waters.

Charles 10-25-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 177522)
Just about everyone feels they 'have to go along to fit in.' It can be a very hard force to buck.

It's funny how people who tell you ''round here------everybody hates that nigger' will also tell you 'there is no racism in America any more.'

In fact, it's fuckin' hilarious.

Just is a blatant example of how 'the colors of cultural identity' often clash.

It's not about racism. Or bigotry.

It's about elevation.

Whenever you can find a group, or even an individual which can be one dimensionalized and thus dismissed as unworthy, it allows a group, or even an individual the ability to elevate their status in their own eyes.

A prevalent character flaw of the homo sapiens.

Chas

Wasillaguy 10-25-2013 08:33 PM

It ain't just us, it's seen in many other animals. Conform or be cast out. I think I posted here before about the brown raven years ago in Anchorage that was harassed and bullied to death over the course of a couple months.

donquixote99 10-25-2013 09:25 PM

Humph. This needs half-an-hour's answer, or none.

Let me get back to you guys on this. It's too late tonight, and I'll be busy tomorrow, but remind me if I forget....

whell 10-26-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 177542)
Humph. This needs half-an-hour's answer, or none.

Let me get back to you guys on this. It's too late tonight, and I'll be busy tomorrow, but remind me if I forget....

I've often found that the BS quotient rises with the length of the response. :p