Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2012 Ahhhh!!!! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=554)

elwood127 11-09-2009 01:16 PM

2012 Ahhhh!!!!

I watched some crap on Discovery about our impending doom last night. Myans see the future death of the world. My rebuttal to my believeing wife was "so the Myan calender is based on the Christian calender?" She didn't say a word. Just to be safe we better start on that bomb shelter.

Boreas 11-09-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwood127 (Post 9740)
I watched some crap on Discovery about our impending doom last night. Myans see the future death of the world. My rebuttal to my believeing wife was "so the Myan calender is based on the Christian calender?" She didn't say a word. Just to be safe we better start on that bomb shelter.

The Mayan calendar isn't based on ours but we've been able to translate their dates into our own and vice versa, just as we do with the Chinese and Muslim calendars.

John

piece-itpete 11-09-2009 01:50 PM

I know someone who likes to believe this.

Pete

Charles 11-09-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwood127 (Post 9740)

"Crap" is too kind of a word.

I was watching some kind of "crap" of the same order on the History Channel, or the "Predicting History Channel".

The most gloom and doom bullshit I've ever seen, just looking at their "experts" one could tell they were a bunch of born again fruitcakes. Apparently they had degrees of some sort which were so obtuse that they made basket weaving look like a hard science.

I finally realized that this show was grating on my nerves like chalk on a blackboard, and turned it off. I was simply looking for a little mindless entertainment...but even my pea brain has it's limits.

Hell, I could make a better documentary, blind drunk, in my shed, with a used Super 8, filming my dog. At least it would have some connection with reality.

Chas

Charles 11-09-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 9789)
So, did you like the show a lot, or just a little?

Yew sayin' that I outta say what I REALLY mean?

A gentleman doesn't use language such as that.

BTW, please ignore my "Kings Deer" post....my wife did that!!!!

Besides, once she got past the depression stage, she could have done a lot better!!!!!

I wouldn't want to wear antlers to bed.

Chas

BlueStreak 11-09-2009 11:38 PM

Utter bullshit.

As a time traveler whose already been there, I can tell you nothing happens.

Myth dispelled.

Dave

hillbilly 11-09-2009 11:54 PM

It can't end in 2012.

First comes the rapture ( like a thief in the night ). Nobody'll know til it happens.

Then, there'll be 7 years of tribulation in wich those left behind will deal with the mark of the beast. During such time, ones only chance of making it through those pearly gates will be to resist the mark of the beast at all costs, even if your killed for resisting.

BlueStreak 11-10-2009 12:45 AM

Yeah. And I thought I was whacked.

Dude, sleep it off.

Dave

Charles 11-11-2009 06:43 PM

I was just thinking ( if you want to call it that) that if the human race ends in 2012, are we gonna have to stand in line at the pearly gates, waiting to be processed?

If that's the case, I'm gonna check myself out early, in hopes of getting a more timely seat.

Hate waiting in line.

Chas

hillbilly 11-11-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 9916)
I was just thinking ( if you want to call it that) that if the human race ends in 2012, are we gonna have to stand in line at the pearly gates, waiting to be processed?

If that's the case, I'm gonna check myself out early, in hopes of getting a more timely seat.

Hate waiting in line.

Chas

Where is that ROFL smiley lol :D:D