Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economic theories in critique of inequality" (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6514)

bobabode 11-26-2013 03:01 PM

"Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economic theories in critique of inequality"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...y.html?hpid=z1

one1 11-26-2013 03:14 PM

"Francis’s focus on the subject is especially notable given dramatic changes in the world economy.

Many of the world’s richest countries are experiencing historic levels of income inequality, with the quality of the life for workers in the middle no longer improving.

And even in the developing world, there are emerging concerns about inequality and whether workers will benefit from their countries’ increasing prosperity. In China, for instance, officials have made repeated promises to tackle the country’s widening income gap"

All the talk in the world is not gonna reverse things ,it is all just talk and finger shaking.there is nothing that can be done to meake the ecomy better it is a runaway train.

whell 11-26-2013 03:41 PM

So one of the world's leading economists chimes in on "trickle-down" economics.: rolleyes:

Actually, this should surprise no one. The Catholic church for years has been pretty far to the left with its views on economics / wealth (re) distribution.

bobabode 11-26-2013 04:08 PM

Yeh dem Catlicks are pure evil to business uber alles types.:rolleyes:

BlueStreak 11-26-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 181146)
So one of the world's leading economists chimes in on "trickle-down" economics.: rolleyes:

Actually, this should surprise no one. The Catholic church for years has been pretty far to the left with its views on economics / wealth (re) distribution.

And, in this case he happens to be right. It's failing, Mike.

Dave

BlueStreak 11-26-2013 07:12 PM

When you work harder and demand less for your labors, you will be rewarded with more work.................

Until, of course, they find (or create) people who are willing (or more likely forced, politically, economically or at gunpoint), to work even harder for even less.

Thence the race to the bottom. Which, of course, was the whole idea behind "trickle down" to begin with.

Note; There are STILL workers who staunchly believe in this mechanism of repression. But, this won't last forever. They'll figure it out someday.:)

Dave

Wasillaguy 11-26-2013 07:56 PM

Lotsa "anti-organized religion" types all the sudden got some love for them Catholics

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's.

What you do for the least among you, you do for me.

Put those two together, and it tells me it's not the government's place to take care of the poor.
I think the Pope missed the mark calling for politicians to make things better.

donquixote99 11-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 181186)
Lotsa "anti-organized religion" types all the sudden got some love for them Catholics

Put those two together, and it tells me it's not the government's place to take care of the poor.

ANYTHING tells you it's not the government's job to take care of the poor. Or your's, or anyone's.

BlueStreak 11-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 181186)

I love everyone in my own mean, sarcastic way. Yes, even Catholics. It's just that they finally have a Pope who's bold enough to tell his flock that American style Conservatism runs afoul of Gods word.

So, if you came upon Jesus and he said he was hungry, tired and naked, you'd tell him "Go get a job you f**king bum!"?

I think you need to reassess the basic nature of your ideology and the glaring way it conflicts with the teachings of Christ. You've been fed a pack of absurd lies by the likes of St. Ronnie and the Church of Righteous Greed. :rolleyes:

Dave

noonereal 11-26-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 181143)

"trickle down" is a euphemism for "piss on"