Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WikiLeaks (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=1988)

piece-itpete 12-13-2010 10:44 AM

We've got a fine standard of living Blue.

Pete

merrylander 12-13-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 47185)
We've got a fine standard of living Blue.

Pete

And the people I can thank for that are me and my wife, the last administration gave us nowt.:rolleyes:

merrylander 12-18-2010 01:33 PM

Don, correct me if I am wrong, but is "Knowingly receiving stolen property" not a criminal offense? And there are romors that Assange actually encouraged the PFC to do it and provided him with the expertise.

Just noticed the appropprietness of the first three letters of his surname.:D

d-ray657 12-18-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 47897)
Don, correct me if I am wrong, but is "Knowingly receiving stolen property" not a criminal offebnse? And there are roumors that Assange actually encouraged the PFC to do it and provided him with the expertise.

Yes, but what was stolen wasn't technically property. The better theory would be conspiracy - conspiracy to commit espionage, or whatever might be the technical name for the offenses the PFC committed. I'm not much help in criminal law.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander 12-22-2010 08:11 AM

Ha! I see that Julian Ass is now complaining that the mainline press is "leaking" details about his sex life - karma.

finnbow 01-18-2011 07:59 PM

Back to WikiLeaks/Assange for a bit:

It seems that WikiLeaks will be forthcoming with information concerning wealthy business leaders and lawmakers evading tax payments with offshore accounts.

It seems that his previous leaks from the US State Dept also included information on corruption in Tunisia that helped fan the flames of the revolt there.

It seems there may be an upside to WikiLeaks after all.

d-ray657 01-18-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 51764)
Back to WikiLeaks/Assange for a bit:

It seems that WikiLeaks will be forthcoming with information concerning wealthy business leaders and lawmakers evading tax payments with offshore accounts.

It seems that his previous leaks from the US State Dept also included information on corruption in Tunisia that helped fan the flames of the revolt there.

It seems there may be an upside to WikiLeaks after all.

I have a feeling the politicians are going to come from both sides of the aisle, and that we might see the end to some political careers. It was interesting that Assange said he wanted to verify the information before releasing it - how does he verify it? Ask the Swiss government to please look it over and let him know if it is accurate?

Any guesses on whether Beck stashed some cash over there? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Scientology money over there too. Pat Robertson? Rush? Michael Jackson? Katie Couric? Goldman Sachs? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? The Koch brothers? Dick Cheney? Mayor Dailey? Oprah? The Sam Walton (Walmart) family? It might get rid of a possible third party challenge by Bloomberg. Oh, ain't speculation and conjecture fun.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow 01-18-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 51766)
I have a feeling the politicians are going to come from both sides of the aisle, and that we might see the end to some political careers. It was interesting that Assange said he wanted to verify the information before releasing it - how does he verify it? Ask the Swiss government to please look it over and let him know if it is accurate?

Any guesses on whether Beck stashed some cash over there? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Scientology money over there too. Pat Robertson? Rush? Michael Jackson? Katie Couric? Goldman Sachs? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? The Koch brothers? Dick Cheney? Mayor Dailey? Oprah? The Sam Walton (Walmart) family? It might get rid of a possible third party challenge by Bloomberg. Oh, ain't speculation and conjecture fun.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

In the political realm, I'd suggest picking the persons for whom it would represent the greatest hypocrisy. It will increase your odds greatly.;)