Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Are you getting your H1N1 shot (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=643)

Grumpy 12-12-2009 07:07 AM

Are you getting your H1N1 shot

So how many of you are going to get your flu shot ?

Just curious.

merrylander 12-12-2009 07:15 AM

We will if they finally decide that over 65s are worth saving.

noonereal 12-12-2009 07:59 AM

My daughter had H1N1 in June and I did not catch it. The second wave went through this part of the country in October and I did not get it. It is almost after the fact already and the vaccine is still not locally available so I will skip it. I may get the regular seasonal flu shot as that should start to surface now.

Boreas 12-12-2009 08:43 AM

No, I won't be getting it. I'm 64 which means I'm at low risk for this strain and there isn't a lot of vaccine to go around. I never get the seasonal flu anyway.

John

Grumpy 12-12-2009 09:47 AM

I thought some folks over a certain age were more resistant to this flu due to built up immunity. Not that its much of a consolation .

Boreas 12-12-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 12293)
I thought some folks over a certain age were more resistant to this flu due to built up immunity. Not that its much of a consolation .

H1N1 seems to go after younger people and pregnant women.

John

BlueStreak 12-12-2009 10:36 AM

I am neither young, nor pregnant. But it doesn't matter as I refuse to get the vaccination anyhow, because my dog, who is a staunch Republican, has informed me that Obama has put "mind control drugs" in it. He's a Republican, and therefore incapable of lying, scheming or being incorrect, and I am a God fearing, Reagan loving, Yankee Doodle Dandy acolyte of John Wayne and William Shatner who will henceforth follow his every directive unconditionally. Lest I fall into the ranks of the "mind-controlled" as so many of you have.

Dave

Charles 12-12-2009 11:19 AM

I've never had a flu shot, and I'm not about to break my record.

Chas

merrylander 12-12-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 12293)

That assumption is based upon you having had the shot or the flu during tha previous swine flu epidemic back sometime in the 70s. I never bothered with flu shots until I came down here in 84, and I do not recall whether I had the flu during the 70s.

Boreas 12-12-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 12310)
That assumption is based upon you having had the shot or the flu during tha previous swine flu epidemic back sometime in the 70s. I never bothered with flu shots until I came down here in 84, and I do not recall whether I had the flu during the 70s.

Unless they shot me up when I was in the Army I've never had one and I don't think I've ever had the flu.

John