Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   The Auto industry (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Shooting over a parking space ? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=939)

Grumpy 02-25-2010 05:37 AM

Shooting over a parking space ?

Just caught a short clip on the news about a man who shot at police over a parking space. Went to search the web to show you guys and my lord !, there is tons of stories over parking space shootins.

WTF has this world come to ? !

Grumpy

Charles 02-25-2010 06:35 AM

It's not that people have become more irrational, it's that we have more people...resulting in fewer parking spaces.

Chas

JJIII 02-25-2010 07:12 AM

I was reading somewhere (One of Grumpy's other forums I think) about people shoveling snow out of a parking place and have some jerk come park in it. That might lead to a slow painful death, not a shooting. :mad:

westgate 02-25-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 20847)
I was reading somewhere (One of Grumpy's other forums I think) about people shoveling snow out of a parking place and have some jerk come park in it. That might lead to a slow painful death, not a shooting. :mad:

with this HEAVY WET CONCRETE, er, i mean, SNOW we've gotten up here in the n.e. the last 2 days, a slow painful death is putting it mildly. (:mad: at thief)

noonereal 02-25-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 20836)
Just caught a short clip on the news about a man who shot at police over a parking space. Went to search the web to show you guys and my lord !, there is tons of stories over parking space shootins.

WTF has this world come to ? !

Grumpy

It's not the world it is this country.

England 1 out of a million deaths do to guns per year

United States 40 out of a million.

England had one of those madmen kills of dozens of people years ago and passed very strict gun regulation that has worked.

In the US every time we have a postal or campus killing the NRA throws millions of dollars at spinning it into "we need more guns."

Out rate continues to rise.

noonereal 02-25-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 20847)

wasn't it on a public street hence the controversy?

noonereal 02-25-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westgate (Post 20855)
with this HEAVY WET CONCRETE, er, i mean, SNOW we've gotten up here in the n.e. the last 2 days, a slow painful death is putting it mildly. (:mad: at thief)

we had 8 inches yesterday and a prediction of 1 to 3 feet today/tomorrow with a snow cover before this week..

Looks like all the powerful storms that have gone south this year have found there normal path finally. :mad:

westgate 02-25-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 20859)
we had 8 inches yesterday and a prediction of 1 to 3 feet today/tomorrow with a snow cover before this week..

Looks like all the powerful storms that have gone south this year have found there normal path finally. :mad:

16"es here in s.e. vermont; starting to turn to rain.
yes re normal path.

JJIII 02-25-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 20857)
wasn't it on a public street hence the controversy?

Yeah... it was on a public street. I still think that someone that would take advantage of someone elses hard work like that is an a$$hole. I recognize the fact that the digger had no legal claim on the spot. :p

Boreas 02-25-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 20884)
Yeah... it was on a public street. I still think that someone that would take advantage of someone elses hard work like that is an a$$hole. I recognize the fact that the digger had no legal claim on the spot. :p

Assholes should be shot. No exceptions.

John