Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A Newly Minted Democrat (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11831)

bobabode 07-14-2017 08:01 PM

A Newly Minted Democrat

'44 years a Republican, 1 year an Independent, today I'm joining the Democratic Party'

"This was not an easy decision to make. Politics is like one's religion, you just don't change it unless you have a moment of clarity and realize you are on the wrong path. My family's involvement in the GOP goes all the way back to the mid-1850s and the start of the GOP in Illinois.
My Mother's family helped organize the GOP in Illinois. They were opposed to one human being owning another human being as chattel. They found slavery morally repugnant and were zealots in advocating its demise. My family has been GOP blue-blood.
That is how far back my roots run in the GOP. I have no roots in the Democratic Party. However, it is time for me to lay some down." Chicago Now

continued http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-n...ocratic-party/

Welcome to the party, Mr. Schneider.

Ike Bana 07-16-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 357204)
'44 years a Republican, 1 year an Independent, today I'm joining the Democratic Party'

"This was not an easy decision to make. Politics is like one's religion, you just don't change it unless you have a moment of clarity and realize you are on the wrong path. My family's involvement in the GOP goes all the way back to the mid-1850s and the start of the GOP in Illinois.
My Mother's family helped organize the GOP in Illinois. They were opposed to one human being owning another human being as chattel. They found slavery morally repugnant and were zealots in advocating its demise. My family has been GOP blue-blood.
That is how far back my roots run in the GOP. I have no roots in the Democratic Party. However, it is time for me to lay some down." Chicago Now

continued http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-n...ocratic-party/

Welcome to the party, Mr. Schneider.

I know who this guy is...and I'm betting a dollar to a donut he renegs before the end of the year. Schneider has been looking the other way to the screwed up social policy positions (and every other screwed up position) of the Republican party his entire adult life. He's either lying or he's gonna be on the short list of the shittiest conservative democrats in the state of Illinois.

nailer 07-16-2017 08:40 AM

Think again Ike, he'll be right at home in the Democratic Party which is almost as morally corrupt as the GOP.

sheltiedave 07-16-2017 09:01 AM

"Almost" is a very graduated word. Having served on a submarine, I learned that almost having your head above water is 10,000% different than having your head above water.
Also, being in the submarine with no water is markedly more conducive to sustaining life than being in the ocean, bobbing in the water as sharkbait.

nailer 07-16-2017 09:15 AM

Your ship that sinks on purpose analogy is more than a bit weak. When almost above water in a properly functioning sub you're still breathing air. :cool:

sheltiedave 07-16-2017 09:54 AM

Nailer, when there is water flooding in the sub, and your head is almost above water, that means your head is below water.

This is somewhat how the Trump presidency is going. Trump thought being President meant he was in charge of the national business, when in reality it is all about herding cats.

People change when they get totally pissed off, or pissed on. Trump's campaign was very successful in getting people pissed off, and now those he duped are learning they are getting pissed on. Understanding prepositions, and their use, is a good thing. :-)

nailer 07-16-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheltiedave (Post 357265)
Nailer, when there is water flooding in the sub, and your head is almost above water, that means your head is below water.

This is somewhat how the Trump presidency is going. Trump thought being President meant he was in charge of the national business, when in reality it is all about herding cats.

People change when they get totally pissed off, or pissed on. Trump's campaign was very successful in getting people pissed off, and now those he duped are learning they are getting pissed on. Understanding prepositions, and their use, is a good thing. :-)

Good to know you were saved. Which sub were you in that sank, or is that still classified?

FWIW, when a sub is safely submerged you're head is below water too. :D

Ike Bana 07-16-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 357262)
Think again Ike, he'll be right at home in the Democratic Party which is almost as morally corrupt as the GOP.

Not even close.

And the song of the Bernie-bot will be heard in the land.

bobabode 07-16-2017 10:54 AM

Poor Nailer, he was that kid in grade school that had to hide out during recess because he was always the target when playing dodgeball.

nailer 07-16-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 357270)
Not even close.

And the song of the Bernie-bot will be heard in the land.

Dream on fellow Bernie bro. BTW, he's not a Democrat.