Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sick Idiot (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12341)

whell 04-18-2018 11:49 AM

Sick Idiot

Used to be that generally agreed - upon decorum and manners would prompt folks to behave. Sadly, those days are gone.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/...209197719.html

Regardless of politics, Barbara Bush was a study in class and grace. This prof should be ashamed of herself. Probably not, since it looks like she's the kind of person that takes the occasion of someone else's death to draw attention to themselves, and negative attention at that.

Sick.

Rajoo 04-18-2018 11:55 AM

I read that story in the morning, dismissed her as a nut case and she deserves to be fired from Fresno State (since they are tax payer funded). Fresno State is probably one of the bottom dwellers in our higher education system.

Chicks 04-18-2018 12:29 PM

Plenty of nuts in that very Red part of CA. Devin Nunes is probably the craziest, along with all the nutjobs who continue to vote for him.

Always amusing how Whell starts threads about some obscure “lefty”, when there is so much, far worse, far more prominent nuttiness on the right, especially the far right universe Whell lives in.

Decorum and manners? Seriously? This from a Donny sycophant, lol.

finnbow 04-18-2018 12:29 PM

Damn. She sounds just like everyday wingnut media.

Pio1980 04-18-2018 12:37 PM

How is this that much different from Fox commentary?

barbara 04-18-2018 02:51 PM

A word about Barbara Bush from Roger Stone.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entert...132928624.html

Chicks 04-18-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 370230)

And another of Whell’s threads goes down in flames. Why does he even bother?

finnbow 04-18-2018 03:17 PM

It looks like the former Presidents and spouses, plus Melania, will attend the funeral. The vile Dotard won't be attending.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/polit...ump/index.html

whell 04-18-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370231)

Not sure why does that makes the thread "go down in flames", unless you agree with Stone and his idiotic choice of words.

whell 04-18-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370231)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370221)
Plenty of nuts in that very Red part of CA. Devin Nunes is probably the craziest, along with all the nutjobs who continue to vote for him.

Always amusing how Whell starts threads about some obscure “lefty”, when there is so much, far worse, far more prominent nuttiness on the right, especially the far right universe Whell lives in.

Decorum and manners? Seriously? This from a Donny sycophant, lol.

I didn't claim she was a "lefty". You did. I didn't make this thread about left/right/center. You did. I didn't try to draw moral equivalencies, you did. I didn't try to minimize her choice of words. You did.

I guess you agree with her choice of words. Figures. :rolleyes:

Chicks 04-18-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370235)
Not sure why does that makes the thread "go down in flames", unless you agree with Stone and his idiotic choice of words.

The “point” of these threads of yours is to show some obscure “lefty” as a fool, so that the lunatic fringe, far better-known idiots you support, like Hannity, Stone and Donny, are somehow “balanced out” in your feeble mind. It never works here. You simply wind up looking like a bigger fool.

Ike Bana 04-18-2018 05:40 PM

I never liked her much.

If you weren't dutiful, long suffering wives to her baby boys you were fucked forever. She was particularly vindictive and vicious with asshole Neil's first wife Sharon. When Sharon decided she was done with Neil and his addiction to Thai and Hong Kong hookers, that was the end of the line for her with her mother-in-law. When it was the end of the line for you with Barbara, it was the end of the line for you with the whole fucking family. And if you're a family member and you don't go along with Barbara's edicts...it's the end of the line for you.

That said...RIP.

whell 04-19-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370238)
The “point” of these threads of yours is to show some obscure “lefty” as a fool, so that the lunatic fringe, far better-known idiots you support, like Hannity, Stone and Donny, are somehow “balanced out” in your feeble mind. It never works here. You simply wind up looking like a bigger fool.

Oh really? Was that my "point"? I thought I was just pointing out the behavior of a sick idiot. Sounds like you're the one who is desperate to make more out of this than intended. Wonder why that is?

finnbow 04-19-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370263)
Oh really? Was that my "point"? I thought I was just pointing out the behavior of a sick idiot. Sounds like you're the one who is desperate to make more out of this than intended. Wonder why that is?

Don't be so disingenuous. You know exactly why you did it and Chick nailed it.

Rajoo 04-19-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 370230)

Wonder if this is part of the Trump Team's MO?
Attacks Mueller, Comey and now Mrs. Bush.
Roger Stone is one sick bastard. :mad:

whell 04-19-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 370264)

I posted it because it was in the news, and it was offensive as hell. PERIOD. That's exactly why I did it. If you think there's something else to it, then you and Chickie should get a room together.

Rajoo 04-19-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370266)
I posted it because it was in the news, and it was offensive as hell. PERIOD. That's exactly why I did it. If you think there's something else to it, then you and Chickie should get a room together.

And you need to get a life.

A friend of mine had a joke about Fresno; "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there".
Actually we are fortunate that Fresno is not in Nunes's district, if it was, Fresno would be the end of the world as we know it. :D

finnbow 04-19-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370266)

You have had a habit of doing exactly as Chick asserted for years now. Do you really think you're clever enough to obfuscate that?

Chicks 04-19-2018 04:58 PM

Whell, you’re as transparent as Donny, and squeal like a pig when your motivations are accurately revealed, just like Donny. You’re as sad as Donny, and because you can vote (unless you’re a felon), dangerous to our precious democracy.

bobabode 04-19-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 370264)

Ayup...

whell 04-20-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 370268)
You have had a habit of doing exactly as Chick asserted for years now. Do you really think you're clever enough to obfuscate that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370269)
Whell, you’re as transparent as Donny, and squeal like a pig when your motivations are accurately revealed, just like Donny. You’re as sad as Donny, and because you can vote (unless you’re a felon), dangerous to our precious democracy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 370275)
Ayup...

The three of you need to get a room. Try not to stain the sheets.

Love the way to guys deflect and try to change the topic on a post like this. You don't want to discuss this woman's idiotic behavior or her vile language.
You'd rather talk about me and play whataboutism, as clearly illustrated by Chicks post above.

While I'm flattered that you always seem to want to change the subject to little ol' me, the net result is that this woman, in your eyes, gets a pass. Not one of you saw fit to decry her behavior, so I'll put you in the column of supporting / agreeing with folks like this.

Lovely... :rolleyes:

finnbow 04-20-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370285)
Love the way to guys deflect and try to change the topic on a post like this. You don't want to discuss this woman's idiotic behavior or her vile language. You'd rather talk about me and play whataboutism, as clearly illustrated by Chicks post above...

Aww, poor little Whellie has a persecution complex. How cute. Par for the course for a Trump apologist (from Alex Jones to Hannity to O'Reiley to our very own Liddle Whellie).:rolleyes:

Chicks 04-20-2018 09:47 AM

Lol, you never fail to provide a good laugh, Whell! You’re precious.

whell 04-20-2018 09:54 AM

Interesting take from the NY Times, by the way, for the few of you left here willing to think expansively about something like this (so Chickie, Finn and Bob and skip this post):

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/o...mentsContainer

I agree with some of what she's saying here, but she's looking at this from a purely First Amendment perspective, which I think misses the point. For example:

There is, however, no “grotesque” exception to the First Amendment. “Randa Jarrar’s speech is constitutionally protected, and Fresno State cannot, consistent with the First Amendment, discipline her for it,” Ari Cohn of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education told me. “On top of that, the public announcement of an investigation, with clear statements from the university president indicating that he would like to take some kind of serious action against Jarrar, itself can violate the First Amendment.”

I think Mr Cohn incorrect in this case. An organization can take action against employees for acting in a way that brings harm or bad publicity to the organization. If Jarrar simply took to Facebook and made a post, and didn't in that post directly refer to her job and her employer, she might be in far less hot water. The University in this case could make the case that her conduct and speech caused harm to the University if donations start to drop.

I actually like the point she makes at the end of the piece (though I think its a point that needs to be made out side of Ms Jarrar's conduct:

In comparing left-wing and right-wing transgressions against free speech, there’s a danger of getting into an escalating cycle of whataboutism, in which the silencing of one side becomes an excuse for silencing the other. This is a mistake. Ultimately, if the power of the First Amendment is eroded on college campuses, it’s the people with the least power who have the most to lose.

The uproar around Jarrar shows how easily arguments for speech restrictions can be turned against progressives. Writing to The Fresno Bee, an infuriated alumnus of Fresno State called for her firing: “Hiding behind freedom of speech doesn’t work anymore. Just as professors are fired for making racist or insensitive comments, she should meet the same fate.” To explain why she shouldn’t, people on the left need to rediscover the right to offend.

She's saying that exercising free speech - even if such speech is offensive - is that right that should be protected. I agree.

However, Jarrar was not simply exercising free speech. She also spat venom and made a political statement using the University's podium and cloaked as a professor / employee of the Univerity. I think there's a difference. As the saying goes, "your right's end where my nose begins". The Univeristy's nose has been tweaked pretty hard here, and they have a right not be used in that way.

whell 04-20-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 370286)
Aww, poor little Whellie has a persecution complex. How cute. Par for the course for a Trump apologist (from Alex Jones to Hannity to O'Reiley to our very own Liddle Whellie).:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370287)
Lol, you never fail to provide a good laugh, Whell! You’re precious.

Still wanna make this thread about me, huh? As I said, I'm flattered. However, your "whataboutery" and deflection really say far more about you then me.

finnbow 04-20-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370288)
Interesting take from the NY Times, by the way, for the few of you left here willing to think expansively about something like this (so Chickie, Finn and Bob and skip this post)...

The wingnut fringe to which you belong whine constantly about people being offended by those of their ilk (Ann Coulter, Roger Stone, Alex Jones, Milo, Richard Spencer, Diamond and Silk, Laura Ingraham, Ted Nugent, Dana Loesch ...) spouting tasteless inanities. Now you chose to be offended by this unknown gal thousands of miles away? Are you equally outraged by Roger Stone's comments about Mrs. Bush or do you remain blissfully unaware of them because you limit yourself to wingnut news sources?

donquixote99 04-20-2018 10:11 AM

'You' is all your threads can be about, Whell. Your basic stance makes intelligent discussion of issues impossible. Like, your response to anything we say pretty much boils down to 'Boy are you stupid to think that!'

Except when you can't find even an implausible hook for a 'boy how stupid' comment. Then you say nothing.

Chicks 04-20-2018 10:23 AM

The Fresno Bee is a fine newspaper, with real journalism. Here’s another of their fine articles for ya, Whell. Maybe you’ll comment on it, which is FAR more relevant than the one you posted. Lots more about their representative there, too, should you really care to actually be open minded.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/spt-...202208709.html

bobabode 04-20-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 370285)
The three of you need to get a room. Try not to stain the sheets.

Love the way to guys deflect and try to change the topic on a post like this. You don't want to discuss this woman's idiotic behavior or her vile language.
You'd rather talk about me and play whataboutism, as clearly illustrated by Chicks post above.

While I'm flattered that you always seem to want to change the subject to little ol' me, the net result is that this woman, in your eyes, gets a pass. Not one of you saw fit to decry her behavior, so I'll put you in the column of supporting / agreeing with folks like this.

Lovely... :rolleyes:

Once again you prove that you aren't worth the keystrokes, Mike. You're like the snot nosed kid who's always pitching a fit and then pissing yourself when you don't get all the attention that you think is due you. It's really a marvel that you've kept up this pissant adolescent schtick for all these years on this forum.

Rajoo 04-20-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370294)
The Fresno Bee is a fine newspaper, with real journalism. Here’s another of their fine articles for ya, Whell. Maybe you’ll comment on it, which is FAR more relevant than the one you posted. Lots more about their representative there, too, should you really care to actually be open minded.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/spt-...202208709.html

Great article and thanks, but doubt if our 'constipated' whell will read it.
Continuing lack of a snow pack (except for the last year or two) is a huge problem that we are not addressing. Even the recent Miracle March did not do much for the snow pack in the Sierra's due to elevated temperatures.

donquixote99 04-20-2018 11:05 AM

Whell wants us to participate in his 10-minute hate on a lady targeted in Reich-wing media. No thank-you.

Say I posted a thousands words on the OP incident, a nuanced discussion on politics, civility, free-speech and stuff. Who thinks whell would be interested, except to scour it for some hook for an insult?

Rajoo 04-20-2018 11:06 AM

Speaking of sick idiots, here is a real one for you whell.
Quote:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

So General Michael Flynn’s life can be totally destroyed while Shadey James Comey can Leak and Lie and make lots of money from a third rate book (that should never have been written). Is that really the way life in America is supposed to work? I don’t think so!
This is the Michael Flynn who has pleaded guilty to a whole slew of crimes, so Comey destroyed his life? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Then he gives this BS excuse of not going to Mrs. Barbara Bush's due to security issues, not the real reason which is 'persona non grata'.

finnbow 04-20-2018 01:11 PM

Whell seems totally unaware of the fact that it was his Dear Dotard will brought down the level of civil discourse in this country to where it now is. For Chrissake, he bragged about the size of his Buford during a Presidential debate.:eek:

Chicks 04-21-2018 02:16 PM

Another news story Whell could have started a thread on, if he were ever to get outside his bubble.

Homework assignment asks students to list positive aspects of slavery

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/04/20/us/...rnd/index.html

Chicks 04-22-2018 10:23 AM

And another "sick idiot" that Whell could have started a thread about.

Man wearing 'MAGA' hat, Trump shirt attacks Hispanic subway rider in New York

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-wearing...ry?id=54642028

whell 04-22-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370352)
And another "sick idiot" that Whell could have started a thread about.

Man wearing 'MAGA' hat, Trump shirt attacks Hispanic subway rider in New York

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-wearing...ry?id=54642028

Nah. Didn't want to trigger you more than you already are. Since polling suggested that the African American vote in NY went with Clinton, I didn't want to be accused of Hillary - bashing.

whell 04-22-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 370333)
Another news story Whell could have started a thread on, if he were ever to get outside his bubble.

Homework assignment asks students to list positive aspects of slavery

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/04/20/us/...rnd/index.html

Why do you need me to start threads on topics you want to discuss? Are you that dysfunctional?

whell 04-22-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 370303)
Whell seems totally unaware of the fact that it was his Dear Dotard will brought down the level of civil discourse in this country to where it now is. For Chrissake, he bragged about the size of his Buford during a Presidential debate.:eek:

Have a heart, will ya? If apparently really bothers the guy.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...mall_hands.jpg

Rajoo 04-22-2018 02:44 PM

What is your point here whell?
That this lunatic 'professor' (to become a professor in any Cal State U except perhaps Ca Poly, doubt if you need a real PhD from an accredited university) is worse than the one in the WH, aka The Dotard?
Funny that Lil Kim gave the Dotard nickname in return for the Rocketman name.
Except it's the Dotard that has been universally used, a rather obscure word. :D

Chicks 04-22-2018 03:04 PM

His threads are as pointless as Fox "News" or Donny's tweets. Their whole purpose is to rile up ignorant folks, like himself, to show how "sick" "lefties" are.

What he's too ignorant to understand is that this is an utterly pointless exercise when targeting the informed and educated, particularly the mostly centrist members here, who are disgusted at what's become of the party of Lincoln.

So, virtually all of his threads turn out to be a huge joke on him, which he just doesn't ever seem to get.