Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Loosing friends to the disinformation echo chamber. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12261)

Pio1980 02-18-2018 02:25 PM

Calling out an incompetent serial liar isn't media bias, it's fact based news.

bobabode 02-18-2018 05:51 PM

It kinda sucks losing friends over politics but then these new Republicans seem to be avowed racists or racism tolerant. That's always been a deal breaker for me.

I used to visit with a neighbor and shoot the shit but he's gone full tilt Trumpist. We basically nod in each others direction nowadays when we cross paths.

Pio1980 02-18-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 367975)
It kinda sucks losing friends over politics but then these new Republicans seem to be avowed racists or racism tolerant. That's always been a deal breaker for me.

I used to visit with a neighbor and shoot the shit but he's gone full tilt Trumpist. We basically nod in each others direction nowadays when we cross paths.

I don't know what Trumpkins.really expect from him of real personal benefit that justifies the National humiliation of his election and inept corrupt administration.

Pio1980 02-18-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 367975)

I don't know what Trumpkins.really expect from him of real personal benefit that justifies the National humiliation of his election and inept corrupt administration.

icenine 02-18-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 367979)

I think a lot of his support are from people who view immigrants as getting "free stuff" from the social safety net. Sort of upset that entitlements are going to undocumented immigrants. I have heard this from people at work. Of course this is not entirely true.

donquixote99 02-18-2018 09:54 PM

Similarly, lots of people think food benefit recipients get cash they can spend on anything, so the Trump direct food distribution idea makes sense to them.

Pio1980 02-18-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 367980)
I think a lot of his support are from people who view immigrants as getting "free stuff" from the social safety net. Sort of upset that entitlements are going to undocumented immigrants. I have heard this from people at work. Of course this is not entirely true.

I've heard the "free stuff" resentment thing myself, hardly justifies an incompetent authoritarian asshole in chief as reaction.

icenine 02-18-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 367983)
I've heard the "free stuff" resentment thing myself, hardly justifies an incompetent authoritarian asshole in chief as reaction.

No but they know Trump feels the same way.

Pio1980 02-18-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 367984)
No but they know Trump feels the same way.

I don't know that he feels anything as much as just pandering them by saying what they want to hear to gain approval.

icenine 02-18-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 367985)
I don't know that he feels anything as much as just pandering them by saying what they want to hear to gain approval.

No Trump really believes his own bullshit. I mean the only person that is really holding up DACA is Trump himself. He can always reinstate the Obama executive order.