Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Who will Vote for Obama and Why ? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3690)

Big_Bill 03-03-2012 10:50 PM

Who will Vote for Obama and Why ?

Who here will vote for Obama and why.

Bill

finnbow 03-03-2012 10:56 PM

I'm undecided. I may be able to vote for Romney, but not for any of the other 3 clowns trying to get the GOP nomination. It'll be interesting to watch Romney try to shed all the right wing BS he has been forced to endorse to win the GOP nomination. He may take flip-flopping to new levels (if he hasn't already).

Oerets 03-03-2012 11:00 PM

No way will I vote for a Republican, just not gonna happen! Not as long as the Tea Baggers are in the picture....

Barney

d-ray657 03-03-2012 11:31 PM

I will vote for Obama:

1) Because I would rather see the initiatives started in this term, particularly health care reform and consumer protection to go forward rather than be dragged down

2) Because the diplomacy he has fostered has made us safer, as a result of greater trust from our allies

3) Because I don't want the Republicans to come within 100 yards of an appointment to the Supreme Court or other seats on the federal bench;

4) Because he has actual experience running the most powerful nation in the world;

5) Because GOP control would further widen the wealth gap and further decimate the federal budget;

6) Because I want Medicare and Social Security to be there if I am ever able to retire;

7) Because I want to maintain a healthy separation between church and state;

8) Because I trust him more than any of the Republican candidates to keep us out of any new wars;

9) Because I want to see a continued emphasis on moving us away from dependence on fossil fuels and on developing energy independence;

10) Because there is at least some chance that he will resist further development of the corporate state.

11) et cetera.

Regards,

D-Ray

Big_Bill 03-03-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 92474)
I will vote for Obama:

1) Because I would rather see the initiatives started in this term, particularly health care reform and consumer protection to go forward rather than be dragged down

2) Because the diplomacy he has fostered has made us safer, as a result of greater trust from our allies

3) Because I don't want the Republicans to come within 100 yards of an appointment to the Supreme Court or other seats on the federal bench;

4) Because he has actual experience running the most powerful nation in the world;

5) Because GOP control would further widen the wealth gap and further decimate the federal budget;

6) Because I want Medicare and Social Security to be there if I am ever able to retire;

7) Because I want to maintain a healthy separation between church and state;

8) Because I trust him more than any of the Republican candidates to keep us out of any new wars;

9) Because I want to see a continued emphasis on moving us away from dependence on fossil fuels and on developing energy independence;

10) Because there is at least some chance that he will resist further development of the corporate state.

11) et cetera.

Regards,

D-Ray

As much as I hate to admit it D-Ray,

I have to agree with some of your points.

What is my world coming too.

Could there be a Government made Liberal Virus attacking me through my computer ? Where is Finn with my tin foil Feodora hat ?

Bill

d-ray657 03-04-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 92476)
As much as I hate to admit it D-Ray,

I have to agree with some of your points.

What is my world coming too.

Could there be a Government made Liberal Virus attacking me through my computer ? Where is Finn with my tin foil Feodora hat ?

Bill

Perhaps this uncomfortable set of circumstances falls into the category of "be careful what you ask for." ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander 03-04-2012 07:22 AM

Since the greatest danger facing this nation is the current Republican leadership I have no choice but to vote a straight Democratic ticket.

Twodogs 03-04-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 92483)
Since the greatest danger facing this nation is the current Republican leadership I have no choice but to vote a straight Democratic ticket.

Now dammit Rob, we're just going to cancel each other out.:(

I'm on the ballot this year for precinct committee man. This is as close as I've ever been to politics. The wife and I hosted a coffee the other night and actually had a state senator in my living room, along with some other big wigs. He was fascinated with the tube gear, and he eventually made me get out my entire gun collection for him to look at. It was pretty damn cool, he gave a little speech, and laid out the strategy for our area. He also left us plenty of bumper stickers, like "Anyone but Obama" and "Support the Employees Rights Act". We all had a good chuckle when I told him I was pretty sure that I was the only guy driving around KC with a LU533 AND his bumper sticker on my truck. I told him I always make an apprentice go out and start it.:D

djv8ga 03-04-2012 09:07 AM

I vote for him to face a firing squad.

Fuck that Lefty POS!

Bigerik 03-04-2012 09:56 AM

Well, I sure won't be. :)