Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be Wary Of The Democratic Wing Of The Protest Movement (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11528)

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 09:13 AM

Be Wary Of The Democratic Wing Of The Protest Movement

This is a good article that explains the two party duopoly that we have today.

https://popularresistance.org/be-war...test-movement/

Quote:

The professional Progressive Movement that we see reflected in the pages of The Nation magazine, in the online marketing and campaigning of MoveOn and in the speeches of Van Jones, is primarily a political public relations creation of America’s richest corporate elite, the so-called 1%, who happen to bleed Blue because they have some degree of social and environmental consciousness, and don’t bleed Red. But they are just as committed as the right to the overall corporate status quo, the maintenance of the American Empire, and the monopoly of the rich over the political process that serves their economic interests.
more

finnbow 03-04-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349640)
This is a good article that explains the two party duopoly that we have today.

https://popularresistance.org/be-war...test-movement/

more

You sure read a lot of garbage.

nailer 03-04-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 349647)
You sure read a lot of garbage.

As do you. IIRC you read the NYT and The Economist so you're getting some quality nourishment. For all intents and purposes what TJ quoted is essentially accurate/true.

icenine 03-04-2017 10:55 AM

Progressive change in America is only brought about through institutions when the middle class is threatened. Now the people who voted for Trump may have fallen out of the middle class or feel like they might soon. But Trump is not the one who will bring about the change they want. Only an establishment can. It would be a miracle if Trump realizes this.

Bullshit "Muslim bans" and rounding up undocumented immigrants isn't going to make anyone's life better in the rust belt.

I mean where the hell is Bannon's nationalistic infrastructure deal that is supposed to bring about millions of jobs for the disaffected? (in Bannon's mind white people is what he is thinking about most likely).

Only political machine guys like FDR, Truman, Ike , LBJ and Nixon get stuff done like that.

nailer 03-04-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349656)
Progressive change in America is only brought about through institutions when the middle class is threatened. Now the people who voted for Trump may have fallen out of the middle class or feel like they might soon. But Trump is not the one who will bring about the change they want. Only an establishment can. It would be a miracle if Trump realizes this.

Bullshit "Muslim bans" and rounding up undocumented immigrants isn't going to make anyone's life better in the rust belt.

I mean where the hell is Bannon's nationalistic infrastructure deal that is supposed to bring about millions of jobs for the disaffected? (in Bannon's mind white people is what he is thinking about most likely).

Only political machine guys like FDR, Truman, Ike , LBJ and Nixon get stuff done like that.

I'm pretty sure President Trump is fully aware of the dynamic that he took full advantage of to literally become The Guy. Trump's base, was Bush's base, was Reagan's base and that base has been shrinking since Reagan.

Not seeing Truman or Ike as progressive. The other three definitely.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

That was a centerpiece of Trump's campaign. When did you decide to make it "Bannon's"?

And as to where the Hell is it?

Trump has only been in office a little over a month.

How long was it before Obama got his infrastructure bill passed?

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349658)
Trump's base, was Bush's base, was Reagan's base and that base has been shrinking since Reagan.

Trump expanded that base.

And if he comes through on trade, infrastructure, prescription drug prices, and keeping us out of regime change adventures, he will expand it by at least one more that I know of. :)

icenine 03-04-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349658)
I'm pretty sure President Trump is fully aware of the dynamic that he took full advantage of to literally become The Guy. Trump's base, was Bush's base, was Reagan's base and that base has been shrinking since Reagan.

Not seeing Truman or Ike as progressive. The other three definitely.

Truman desegregated the armed forces.

Ike got the freeways done and did work with LBJ on some early Civil Rights bills in the late 50s that pointed the way to the towards what came later.

Trump is not self-aware. I mean if you lie to a bunch a reporters about facts a 5th grader can Google in 30 seconds and prove you are wrong you are sort of beyond help. And he probably really believed Obama was born in Kenya.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349667)
Truman desegregated the armed forces.

Ike got the freeways done and did work with LBJ on some early Civil Rights bills in the late 50s that pointed the way to the towards what came later.

LBJ got Medicare and Civil rights passes.

That was the end of any meaningful progressive legislation.

icenine 03-04-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349662)
That was a centerpiece of Trump's campaign. When did you decide to make it "Bannon's"?

And as to where the Hell is it?

Trump has only been in office a little over a month.

How long was it before Obama got his infrastructure bill passed?

Bannon is pulling the strings. What you don't get is that all the controversy around Bannon's policies are making Trump unable to get a legislative agenda through. The alt-right slop to the base is destroying Trump's effectiveness. Idiotic tweets are not helping either.

He can't pass anything without Schumer, and some of the GOP are nervous with what is going on right now. You forget that some GOP Senators are from moderate states with diverse populations, and others like McCain and Graham are not impressed with the Russian ties.

Pio1980 03-04-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349668)
LBJ got Medicare and Civil rights passes.

That was the end of any meaningful progressive legislation.

Not by me it was. The demise of DOMA and marriage equality under the previous POTUS were landmark Progressive civil rights advances.

bobabode 03-04-2017 01:47 PM

I'd venture to say that the executive order creating the EPA signed by Dick Nixon was progressive. Sadly under Orange Julius and Pruitt this agency is under attack. :(

merrylander 03-04-2017 02:05 PM

The whole country is under attack by Bannon and Co.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349669)
Bannon is pulling the strings.

You honestly think Trump would let anyone pull his strings?

LMAO.:D

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Progressive change in America is only brought about through institutions when the middle class is threatened. Now the people who voted for Trump may have fallen out of the middle class or feel like they might soon. But Trump is not the one who will bring about the change they want. Only an establishment can.

No real change ever comes from the establishment.

As for the middle class, they are the ruling classes insurance policy against them being put to the Guillotine. The ruling class knows that most people will accept the status quo if they are allowed a few crumbs from their table.

Take yourself. You would never revolt against the status quo as long as you have your navy pension, tricare, and a cushy government job. You've been paid off. That's why you are a supporter of the same shit, different day corporate Democrats.

Take those away and you would become a so************************t overnight.

icenine 03-04-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349685)

As for the middle class, they are the ruling classes insurance policy against them being put to the Guillotine. The ruling class knows that most people will accept the status quo if they are allowed a few crumbs from their table.

Take yourself. You would never revolt against the status quo as long as you have your navy pension, tricare, and a cushy government job. You've been paid off. That's why you are a supporter of the same shit, different day corporate Democrats.

Take those away and you would become a so************************t overnight.

Right TJ. You are a real rebel sucking on LBJ's Medicare, FDR's Social Security and Obama's ACA, and whatever glitch you are suffering from probably a result of choices you made. Oh yeah and your Florida state retirement.

If you read between the lines of your posts you are just pissed off that you have to pay for some parts of your care. A real progressive would shut up and pay their bill and be happy that others who can't got the Medicaid expansion.

Like I said call your Congressman if the family glitch is hurting you or get a part time job for the money you need.

Yeah I do have it easier. Perhaps I made better choices than you.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349688)
Yeah I do have it easier. Perhaps I made better choices than you.

I don't know Dude.

I have it pretty easy these days. :D

I do have a few regrets though.

They mostly involve chicks. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLG7OQCuFo

nailer 03-04-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349685)

Too true and the civil rights movement comes immediately to mind. It was citizens leading the way and doing most of the work.

The army was one of the first establishment organizations to support, albeit subtly, the cause.

donquixote99 03-04-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349684)
You honestly think Trump would let anyone pull his strings?

LMAO.:D

You honestly think a person of Trump's temperament isn't Easy Meat for a manipulative confidant who knows how to stroke his ever-needy ego?

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349688)
Right TJ. You are a real rebel sucking on LBJ's Medicare, FDR's Social Security and Obama's ACA, and whatever glitch you are suffering from probably a result of choices you made. Oh yeah and your Florida state retirement.

I readily admit with pride that I am on the government gravy train.

You on the other hand get all feisty and defensive when I point out the fact that you are on it too.

What's the prob Ice?

You feel guilty?:)

icenine 03-04-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349692)
Too true and the civil rights movement comes immediately to mind. It was citizens leading the way and doing most of the work.

The army was one of the first establishment organizations to support, albeit subtly, the cause.

Fifty-percent true. It still took an establishment President to sign an executive order or piece of progressive legislation to ratify grassroots change. All of our greatest legislation has been signed by professional political hacks.

Trump is indeed an exception. He has to make the leap to the assembly line.
He embraces the establishment or becomes neutered.

The only difference now is that he may keep his position because Americans might not care if nothing gets done.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349694)
You honestly think a person of Trump's temperament isn't Easy Meat for a manipulative confidant who knows how to stroke his ever-needy ego?

Absolutely.

Bannon may be a pit bull, but Trump is the Ultimate Alpha Dog.

nailer 03-04-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349695)

All aboard! :D

donquixote99 03-04-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349697)
Absolutely.

Bannon may be a pit bull, but Trump is the Ultimate Alpha Dog.

Nope. Just plays one on TV. You just buy it because he presses your buttons.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349700)
Nope. Just plays one on TV. You just buy it because he presses your buttons.

Maybe so.

But that's my assessment and I'm sticking to it. :)

nailer 03-04-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349696)
Fifty-percent true. It still took an establishment President to sign an executive order or piece of progressive legislation to ratify grassroots change. All of our greatest legislation has been signed by professional political hacks.

Trump is indeed an exception. He has to make the leap to the assembly line.
He embraces the establishment or becomes neutered.

The only difference now is that he may keep his position because Americans might not care if nothing gets done.

I don't accept your grade and will discuss it with the professor. Like an establishment guy you're claiming credit where none is due. You described how the system works - the squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. And because the cause was just, the establishment acknowledged it, the wheel just got squeakier and squeakier as more and more citizens actively, tacitly or silently joined the movement.

icenine 03-04-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349705)
I don't accept your grade and will discuss it with the professor. Like an establishment guy you're claiming credit where none is due. You described how the system works - the squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. And because the cause was just, the establishment acknowledged it, the wheel just got squeakier and squeakier as more and more citizens actively, tacitly or silently joined the movement.

I have to go out. Since I don't have to wait for Uber I don't have any time to waste on you.

icenine 03-04-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349695)

You on the other hand get all feisty and defensive when I point out the fact that you are on it too.

What's the prob Ice?

You feel guilty?:)

No.
You are just temporary.

nailer 03-04-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349710)
I have to go out. Since I don't have to wait for Uber I don't have any time to waste on you.

Thanks for upping my grade to a B. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqeSUAlI5uI

nailer 03-04-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349712)
No.
You are just temporary.

Just be sure and keep to the enlisted cars.

Tom Joad 03-04-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 349712)
No.
You are just temporary.

I see.

So the plot to ban me is well advanced.

Guess I better hurry up and get my licks in while I still can. :)

icenine 03-04-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349722)
I see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349715)
Just be sure and keep to the enlisted cars.

Most of them drive BMWs.

sanford12 03-07-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349722)
I see.

They'll just give you enough rope and you'll do it yourself.

donquixote99 03-07-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanford12 (Post 349962)
They'll just give you enough rope and you'll do it yourself.

Ever see the old Twilight Zone episode, 'An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge?'

nailer 03-07-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349978)
Ever see the old Twilight Zone episode, 'An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge?'

Is that the one where the Rebel saboteur is being hung from a bridge, the rope breaks, he escapes to his plantation and is running into his wife's arms when the real rope stretches his neck?

donquixote99 03-07-2017 06:41 PM

That be the one. But if anyone hadn't seen it, you just spoiled it....

nailer 03-07-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349985)
That be the one. But if anyone hadn't seen it, you just spoiled it....

... actually, your confirmation is the spoiler.

I promise not to tell them about Time Enough at Last.

donquixote99 03-07-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349988)

Funny--lots of people seem to like that one, but I can't see it.

nailer 03-07-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 349991)
Funny--lots of people seem to like that one, but I can't see it.

What's funny about that?

I liked it with no seems to about it. Opening your eyes might help.

Pio1980 03-07-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 349988)

Anyone find my reading glasses?