Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Baaa Baaa (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3418)

epifanatic 12-29-2011 10:34 PM

Baaa Baaa

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Come along sheeple, we'll show you that to think.

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011...ry-ar-1574984/

Dondilion 12-29-2011 11:43 PM

Communist soviet or fascist Germany:

When extreme ideologues take over or form a party.

Charles 12-30-2011 05:57 AM

Stupid bastards.

Chas

finnbow 12-30-2011 06:40 AM

It seems that today's GOP is no longer hesitant to show its real stripes. Sieg Heil, Old Dominion.

neophyte 12-30-2011 07:39 AM

madness

merrylander 12-30-2011 07:49 AM

I am sorry but what else do you expect from a bunch who signed Super Grover's pledge? Or who signed the Iowa fFamily pledge?

Thank God as Will Rodgers said "I do not belong to an organized political party, I am a Democrat."

Funeral directors all across the country are breathlessly awaiting the GOP command "OK now you all jump off the bridge."

We Democrats may be disorganized but we are not sheep or lemmings.

Charles 12-30-2011 09:03 AM

Didn't work then, don't work now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_oath

And anyone who pulls this shit is a stupid bastard.

Chas

Oerets 12-30-2011 12:15 PM

Just how can this be legal?

Barney

Bigerik 12-30-2011 12:31 PM

Holy crap. This is just silly!!!

merrylander 12-30-2011 12:57 PM

In th primaries anything goes, frex here in Maryland Independents do not get to vote in the primaries. But then with such a screwed up system why is anyone surprised. You let about 1% of the population determine the eventual winner of the primaries.

Bigerik 12-30-2011 01:46 PM

Never got the point of the primaries anyway. Y'all are taking a very simple thing, and making it very complicated. And expensive.

bhunter 12-30-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 83910)
Stupid bastards.

Chas

Both sides are getting dumber by the day. Toothless oaths are worthless IMHO. The GOP ought be able to easily win in 2012, but they'll undermine their chances by infighting and coming up with idiotic ideas like this oath.

d-ray657 12-30-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhunter (Post 83941)
Both sides are getting dumber by the day. Toothless oaths are worthless IMHO. The GOP ought be able to easily win in 2012, but they'll undermine their chances by infighting and coming up with idiotic ideas like this oath.

I dunno how easy it would be. Despite Mitch McConnell's best efforts, the economy is getting better.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 12-30-2011 05:53 PM

Not surprised.

Did anyone else here hear Rick Santorums summation of what "family" means in the national context?

It would seem America is NOT about individualism and individual thought;
It's about acting as a team, like the Marines, "....the Marines, the most successful fighting force on earth, are like one big family acting as one. And that's what America is about....Family." (Paraphrased)

As one who has served in the military.
It's not a family. It sure as hell is not Jeffersonian Democracy.
The military governing structure is authoritarian, invasive and absolute.
It's all about keeping your piehole shut and doing as you're told.

Which is more like...........Anybody?

Be afraid of these clowns. Seriously.

Dave

finnbow 12-30-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 83954)
Not surprised.

Did anyone else here hear Rick Santorums summation of what "family" means in the national context?

It would seem America is NOT about individualism and individual thought;
It's about acting as a team, like the Marines, "....the Marines, the most successful fighting force on earth, are like one big family acting as one. And that's what America is about....Family." (Paraphrased)

As one who has served in the military.
It's not a family. It sure as hell is not Jeffersonian Democracy.
The military governing structure is authoritarian, invasive and absolute.
It's all about keeping your piehole shut and doing as you're told.

Which is more like...........Anybody?

Be afraid of these clowns. Seriously.

Dave

Another GOP chickenhawk. Can you imagine following that asshat dweeb into battle? I'd frag his ass in a heartbeat.

Charles 12-30-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 83960)
Another GOP chickenhawk. Can you imagine following that asshat dweeb into battle? I'd frag his ass in a heartbeat.

That's why I always liked folks like Geronimo and "Bloody Bill" Anderson.

They didn't conscript nobody, if you went with them it was of your own accord, provided they allowed you to go with them in the first place.

Besides, they could identify the enemy, which was pretty much anyone who tried to bull 'em around. They may have slit your throat because they didn't like the look on your face, but they weren't lemmings.

Hobbes would have been proud!!!

And in case anyone wonders, now that my sub is dialed in, my Soundsmith Dynavector, while exhibiting a certain amount of low level hum, truly embarrasses my DL-160.

IMHO, of course,

Chas

finnbow 12-30-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 83969)
That's why I always liked folks like Geronimo and "Bloody Bill" Anderson.

They didn't conscript nobody, if you went with them it was of your own accord, provided they allowed you to go with them in the first place.

Besides, they could identify the enemy, which was pretty much anyone who tried to bull 'em around. They may have slit your throat because they didn't like the look on your face, but they weren't lemmings.

Hobbes would have been proud!!!

And in case anyone wonders, now that my sub is dialed in, my Soundsmith Dynavector, while exhibiting a certain amount of low level hum, truly embarrasses my DL-160.

IMHO, of course,

Chas

A 10X5 HOMC? Hmmm. I'm running a DL-160 on my Pioneer PL-41 and like it well enough (for now). Waiting in the wings is a AT95 with a Jico Shibata stylus. I'm not sure if it will be a move up, down or sideways, but I got a great deal on it.

Charles 12-30-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 83970)
A 10X5 HOMC? Hmmm. I'm running a DL-160 on my Pioneer PL-41 and like it well enough (for now). Waiting in the wings is a AT95 with a Jico Shibata stylus.

It's not a 10X5, it's a 10A with the Soundsmith median grade retip, ruby cantilever with a nude fine line.

I've tried to research the cartridge, but it's like they never made one. All I know is it must be one of the first Dynavectors ever made, has the "large magnet", weighs 13 grms, and I have my SME IIIs pushed to it's limits, including the paddle in the silicone bath, to get it to work.

Which isn't surprising, as the IIIs is made for low mass high compliance cartridges, like my Super 40, VMS 30 MKII, 2M Blue, or my AT-440ML.

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't the AT 95 considered to be one of the best budget cartridges ever made?

Once again, If my memory still serves me, I did some work on a Phillips 212??? for a buddy of mine and installed a AT 95 on it's reputation. And for shits and grins I slapped the AT 440 on an old Project One table I had and we tested them toe to toe is the "shop".

The 440 murdered the 95. It also murdered the collection of Grado's I used to own (up to the Gold), including a Supertrack III with a new stylus, also the VMS 30, and it held it's head high with the Super 40 and the 2M Blue.

But the DL-160 was a noticeable improvement. And my current bastard Dynavector murders them all.

I don't know it I would be so quick to ditch the DL-160. It's a helluva cartridge. And when run on my Bellari 129 instead of the internal Van Alstine phono pre I use it on, I'm not so sure it doesn't eclipse my Dynavector.

But what do I know...I'm just a drunk with a rekkerd player.

Chas

finnbow 12-30-2011 10:12 PM

The AT95 does have a fine reputation for a low compliance, low cost MM cartridge. It's supposed to be noticeably better with aftermarket JICO hyperelliptical or Shibata stylii. I picked up one of these early this year for $99 and look forward to trying it out:

http://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGAT95SA.html

BlueStreak 12-30-2011 11:18 PM

I bought one of those Sonus Gold Cartridges from ehoove for my Luxman PD264. Needed a high compliance cart for the Lux and at $95, I figured it would do. Turns out it's a perfect match. Very musical and lively sound. Not as accurate or clean sounding as the ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood on my Pro-Ject---but killer for $95.

Still fighting the good fight with my SEP tubed Akai monoblocks. I get one right, something zaps on the other. For the brief period they were both up and running, the sound was sublime. Even through those cheap Magnavox speaks I use on the workbench. There's just something about a good tube amp.........................

Dave

Bigerik 12-30-2011 11:22 PM

Loved my old 10X5 on a Rega P25. I should have stopped there, but I just had to keep "improving" things. That Dynavector was the most fun cartridge I ever heard. It was all about the music. Those guys at Dynavector know what making a cartridge is all about.

BlueStreak 12-30-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 83977)
Loved my old 10X5 on a Rega P25. I should have stopped there, but I just had to keep "improving" things. That Dynavector was the most fun cartridge I ever heard. It was all about the music. Those guys at Dynavector know what making a cartridge is all about.

Anthem Pre L1 w/EH 6922 gold pins, a pair of Adcom 555s bridged for mono running my Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs, all fed from a Musical Fidelty A3cd......The soundstage was breathtaking. Seriously. I had friends bringing cds over just to sit in the chair with eyes closed. "It's almost like I'm right there!", was a common comment.

Then, I got the itch to "upgrade"......................:rolleyes:

Dave

Charles 12-31-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 83978)
Anthem Pre L1 w/EH 6922 gold pins, a pair of Adcom 555s bridged for mono running my Vandersteen 2Ce Sigs, all fed from a Musical Fidelty A3cd......The soundstage was breathtaking. Seriously. I had friends bringing cds over just to sit in the chair with eyes closed. "It's almost like I'm right there!", was a common comment.

Then, I got the itch to "upgrade"......................:rolleyes:

Dave

"Upgradeitis" is a serious affliction, expensive to treat, and impossible to cure.

My case has been in remission due to an even worse affliction known as "insuranceitis", which I've just brought under control for next year at a savings of $1,250 per month. I'm just hoping to regain my strength as I now have a case of "truckitis" which needs to be dealt with before I'm walking.

Chas

merrylander 12-31-2011 08:53 AM

My uppgadis days are over, the PX-2 with either a DL-160 or Signet TK5e or AT31e is musical enought when played through the CR-3020 and the NS-690s. More interested in concentrating of the playroom now.

BlueStreak 12-31-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 83987)
"Upgradeitis" is a serious affliction, expensive to treat, and impossible to cure.

My case has been in remission due to an even worse affliction known as "insuranceitis", which I've just brought under control for next year at a savings of $1,250 per month. I'm just hoping to regain my strength as I now have a case of "truckitis" which needs to be dealt with before I'm walking.

Chas

Well, that was back in the late '90s, early '00s when yours truly had more money than Daddy Warbucks.

Dave

Charles 12-31-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 84007)
Well, that was back in the late '90s, early '00s when yours truly had more money than Daddy Warbucks.

Dave

I hear you buddy.

They've been shaking me by the ankles for some time.

Chas

Charles 12-31-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 83988)
My uppgadis days are over, the PX-2 with either a DL-160 or Signet TK5e or AT31e is musical enought when played through the CR-3020 and the NS-690s. More interested in concentrating of the playroom now.

Don't you run a Rega?

Chas

BlueStreak 12-31-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 84010)
I hear you buddy.

They've been shaking me by the ankles for some time.

Chas

It was the artificially inflated price of housing that both made, then killed my source of "extra" income. See, if you toss a rock into the air, even if it leaves the airy part, it will eventually come back down. In August of '05, I figured home prices had outstripped the rise of incomes. Which could only mean one thing...........................

(Ladies and Gentlemen, I refer you to the last five years.)

...........so I sold the last house and got out.

The trick is in knowing when the game is over. I didn't really "lose" anything.
I simply went back to earning my money the old fashioned way.

With tools and sweat.

How many Wall Street types do you suppose would be willing to do the same?

None, would be my guess. They'd rather embezzle it from the taxpayer.
Too bad the bastards don't leap out of windows anymore.
That would have been preferrable.:p

Dave

merrylander 01-01-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 84011)
Don't you run a Rega?

Chas

Yeah, a Planar 2 but it sits beside the PC so I can transfer vinyl to CD - only because the slot in the car radios are too small for vinyl.:)

merrylander 01-01-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 84021)
With tools and sweat.

How many Wall Street types do you suppose would be willing to do the same?

None, would be my guess. They'd rather embezzle it from the taxpayer.
Too bad the bastards don't leap out of windows anymore.
That would have been preferrable.:p

Dave

I think it was foresight on the part of architects, you can't open windows on tall buildings anymore - unfortunately. But then they would rather stand in the window drinking champagne, laughing at the "poor huddled masses".

Twodogs 01-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 84030)
I think it was foresight on the part of architects, you can't open windows on tall buildings anymore - unfortunately. But then they would rather stand in the window drinking champagne, laughing at the "poor huddled masses".

It's good that the windows don't open Rob, that puts the tall buildings at the mercy of me and my Union buddies. Small world, I run a Planor 3 in the shop with a 300B arm and Benz LOMC.

BlueStreak 01-01-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 84030)

If it didn't mean a murder charge, I'd be more than glad to bust the windows out for them and "assist" them in their egress.

Dave

Big_Bill 01-03-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 83913)

We Democrats may be disorganized but we are not sheep or lemmings.

Now that is the funnies thing I have ever read in print merrylander, but I can assure you that you speak only for yourself :) If you do not believe that the democratic party has no sheep, you may be one of the sheep ?

70% of all the worlds people are followers or sheep (sheeple) :) and the democrats prey on them the most :)

Bill

merrylander 01-04-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 84393)
Now that is the funnies thing I have ever read in print merrylander, but I can assure you that you speak only for yourself :) If you do not believe that the democratic party has no sheep, you may be one of the sheep ?

70% of all the worlds people are followers or sheep (sheeple) :) and the democrats prey on them the most :)

Bill

But the goopers would never do that, no of course not, and I am the King of Romania.:p