Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   When does the economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=207)

Twodogs 07-13-2009 01:18 PM

When does the economy

belong to the Dems? Is there a set amount of time that they can blame Bush? I would think that with the white house and a super majority, they will eventually have to own it. I heard today that many are expecting Michigan to hit 20% unemployment soon. Now there's even talk of a second stimulus.:confused: Personally, I think it will take something pretty darn big to happen before Obama supporters turn on him.

noonereal 07-13-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 2612)
belong to the Dems? Is there a set amount of time that they can blame Bush? I would think that with the white house and a super majority, they will eventually have to own it. I heard today that many are expecting Michigan to hit 20% unemployment soon. Now there's even talk of a second stimulus.:confused: Personally, I think it will take something pretty darn big to happen before Obama supporters turn on him.

Did you expect the economy to turn around so quickly?
Why?
It was always assumed a second wave of economic help would be needed, why is this a surprise?

I think Obama supporters will turn on him as soon as his actions are not positive.
Most people have reasonable expectations.

Let's see, in 2001 up till this point Bush had taken more vacation time than any American president. Did you feel as frustrated then?

Twodogs 07-13-2009 02:11 PM

Where did I say I was expecting the economy to turn around already?:confused: If I had my way, it would be taking the long slow road of working itself out (capatalism). My question was more about when these tactics fail, will Obama have to take the heat? I just want him out of there, that's all.:D

noonereal 07-13-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 2617)
Where did I say I was expecting the economy to turn around already?:confused: If I had my way, it would be taking the long slow road of working itself out (capatalism). My question was more about when these tactics fail, will Obama have to take the heat? I just want him out of there, that's all.:D

If it took the long slow road out, we may well have had blood in the streets.

If these tactics fail, Obama will be done. There is no magic in politics, the press (right or left) does not put money in peoples hands.

It will take years before we can judge Obama on the economy as well as international affairs.

Charles 07-13-2009 03:55 PM

Whenever the average swing voter's perception of reality indicates to them that he has either made things better, or worse.

No doubt, when he was elected, he was handed the shitty end of the stick. So far, I'm of the opinion that all that he has really done is to try to wipe his hand on my shirt.

As far as that goes, he's only a puppet, just like the rest of 'em.

Chas

merrylander 07-14-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 2624)
No doubt, when he was elected, he was handed the shitty end of the stick. Chas

No doubt you heard about the college student who won the essay on political correctness. He defined it as the belief that you can always pick up a turd by the clean end.

Grumpy 07-14-2009 07:03 AM

Fair or not Obama will not be judged the same way as past presidents. One because of his color he will be cut slack by today's slacker generation. Two he will be immediately condemned by anyone even remotely resembling a conservative.