Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wake up white people...another dead Trump promise. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12188)

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 08:13 AM

Wake up white people...another dead Trump promise.

Trump Coal Bailout Is Dead.
Quote:

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission unanimously rejected a proposal to subsidize coal-burning and nuclear power plants on Monday. Its defeat hands a victory to the motley coalition—of environmental groups, natural-gas companies, free-market advocates, and Democratic state attorneys general—who had opposed the rule and promised to fight it in court.

The 5-0 rejection was all the bitterer for the administration because four of the five commissioners who lead the agency were appointed by President Trump, and three are Republicans.
When are the dumbfucker white Trumpist's and Republican voters in general going to extract their heads from their asses and realize that Donald is too stupid to actually put any legislation or even anyexecutive orders together that mean anything, and at the same time too intellectually lazy to learn enough to not be so fucking stupid.

Chicks 01-10-2018 08:18 AM

Encouraging that some of Donny’s appointees are willing to vote against his vilest instincts.

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366000)
Encouraging that some of Donny’s appointees are willing to vote against his vilest instincts.

So...I'm thinking the poor white disenfranchised working class Trump voters are at least as stupid as Trump. So it's doubtful they are paying enough attention to what is actually happening in the countru to realize that they are not going to get back the country they want. At least not from the deranged lazy-ass animal they put in charge.

The latest, of course is yesterday's big bipartisan meetingbqhere Donald agred with and vpiced support for anythin and everything that the members of both parties said...regardless of how much the statements conflicted. Now there's some really "art of the deal" type leadership. And proof that Donald is the same guy he's been for 40 years. Say yes to anything anybody says and then buttfuck everybody the moment they turn around.

finnbow 01-10-2018 09:59 AM

Coal boss Robert Murray criticized the Trump administration for appointing "inadequate bureaucrats" to a regulatory commission that unanimously rejected a rescue plan for the crumbling coal industry.

Murray, the CEO of Murray Energy and a vocal supporter of President Trump's efforts to revive coal, warned that the decision by mostly Trump-appointed officials at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission would cause more coal-fired power plants to shut down.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/09/inve...ump/index.html

Chicks 01-10-2018 10:03 AM

Will Donny’s coal-country base be smart enough to turn on Donny for lying to them? I suppose they will be flooded with ads blaming it on “lefties” during election season.

whell 01-10-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 365999)
Trump Coal Bailout Is Dead.

When are the dumbfucker white Trumpist's and Republican voters in general going to extract their heads from their asses and realize that Donald is too stupid to actually put any legislation or even anyexecutive orders together that mean anything, and at the same time too intellectually lazy to learn enough to not be so fucking stupid.

I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about in this post. Trump has said that he wants multiple sources of energy including coal. While I agree that Perry's proposal to FERC was likely not a great solution, I suspect its just one pixel in a bigger picture.

However, the biggest challenge to the coal industry right now is the cheaper cost of other energy sources, such as natural gas. Not sure what legislation or EO's would be at Trumps disposal to fundamentally change the energy markets, and such legislation even if it did exist would likely be undesirable as well.

Also, opening up more drilling off shore and on land as Trump has proposed will also benefit the energy sector and ultimately the consumer. But, having said that, it will also conspire to make coal less competitive.

Now, if the economy gets moving at a sustained 4 or 5 %, which is possible, the increased demand for energy could put coal right back in the game.

whell 01-10-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366009)
Will Donny’s coal-country base be smart enough to turn on Donny for lying to them? I suppose they will be flooded with ads blaming it on “lefties” during election season.

Well, if the title of the OP is any indicator, its just the white folks who need to wake up and turn on Donny. :rolleyes:

finnbow 01-10-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366013)
Well, if the title of the OP is any indicator, its just the white folks who need to wake up and turn on Donny. :rolleyes:

It is true that the vast majority of Trump voters are white (not to mention angry, fearful and uninformed).

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366012)
I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about in this post. Trump has said that he wants multiple sources of energy including coal. While I agree that Perry's proposal to FERC was likely not a great solution, I suspect its just one pixel in a bigger picture.

However, the biggest challenge to the coal industry right now is the cheaper cost of other energy sources, such as natural gas. Not sure what legislation or EO's would be at Trumps disposal to fundamentally change the energy markets, and such legislation even if it did exist would likely be undesirable as well.

Also, opening up more drilling off shore and on land as Trump has proposed will also benefit the energy sector and ultimately the consumer. But, having said that, it will also conspire to make coal less competitive.

Now, if the economy gets moving at a sustained 4 or 5 %, which is possible, the increased demand for energy could put coal right back in the game.

Coal is poison. Burning it poisons the air. Mining it poisons the land.

I'm prepared for your best conservative denial.

PS - If there aren't any coal jobs go find another job.

CarlV 01-10-2018 11:17 AM

Everything I am seeing since the new session started up again is about getting 2018 votes. Before they loaded up a budget and a ton of other dishonest items into a partisan budget looting the government and never intending to do anything other than to pass through reconciliation, and without Democratic input whatsoever. Now, new year, short term memories, have to get middle of the road votes. Time to feign bi-partisanship again. Look like the party that didn't pull the rug out from the working class to get votes and then twist the knife you stuck in those working class some more if you win. They are dumb enough to fall for Trump in the first place, they are dumb enough to fall for it again. Yep, could work again.

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366012)

It appears the fact that Donald remains the same two-faced fuck he's been all along is fine with you. I'm shocked.

whell 01-10-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 366014)
It is true that the vast majority of Trump voters are white (not to mention angry, fearful and uninformed).

Oh yeah. Uh huh. Also bitterly clinging to their guns and bibles...:rolleyes:

finnbow 01-10-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366025)
Oh yeah. Uh huh. Also bitterly clinging to their guns and bibles...:rolleyes:

That too.

whell 01-10-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366023)
It appears the fact that Donald remains the same two-faced fuck he's been all along is fine with you. I'm shocked.

Your ineffectual use of expletives not withstanding, I still have no idea what you're ranting about.

whell 01-10-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366016)
Coal is poison. Burning it poisons the air. Mining it poisons the land.

I'm prepared for your best conservative denial.

PS - If there aren't any coal jobs go find another job.

OH! Ok, now I get it....Ithink.

I think what you're trying to say that Perry's efforts should be taken as nothing more than a token effort to help the the poor white folks in coal mining country, and that this is evidence that Trump doesn't care about them and that they should immediately "turn" on Trump. Does that sum it up?

whell 01-10-2018 01:03 PM

...and,if that's true, then explain to me how the Dems offer a better alternative,'cuz the Dems have been similarly disingenuous and ineffective, and they still have no ideas for a solution.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...l-miners-trump

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366013)

Pretty much, 8% of black folks voted for him. Eight percent of black folks need to turn on him.

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366028)
OH! Ok, now I get it....Ithink.

I think what you're trying to say that Perry's efforts should be taken as nothing more than a token effort to help the the poor white folks in coal mining country, and that this is evidence that Trump doesn't care about them and that they should immediately "turn" on Trump. Does that sum it up?

Rick Perry is sludge in a suit and tie. He doesn't give a shit in Blankenship's hat for poor white disenfranchised working class Trump voters in coal country. The white country where white people automatically get to be in front of every brown person in the line for everything, is gone forever. Trump promised it and the poor white disenfranchised easy marks drank the kool aid.

I think poor white disenfranchised working class folk in coal country need to follow the advice that conservative Republicans have been handing out to black and brown people in this country since the Emancipation Proclamation...STFU and go get a job.

68custom 01-10-2018 05:57 PM

I love the term "clean coal" is there really such a thing? I say no and most of the world is using just about anything but coal, including china. it's a dying industry and Trump used the coal miners for their votes. will they still endorse the orange menace? probably!

Ike Bana 01-10-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68custom (Post 366039)
I love the term "clean coal" is there really such a thing? I say no and most of the world is using just about anything but coal, including china. it's a dying industry and Trump used the coal miners for their votes. will they still endorse the orange menace? probably!

No such thing. And I agree with your assessment of our ignorant electorate.

Chicks 01-10-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68custom (Post 366039)
I love the term "clean coal" is there really such a thing?

Sure, just like VW’s Clean Diesel, lol.

whell 01-10-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366034)
Rick Perry is sludge in a suit and tie. He doesn't give a shit in Blankenship's hat for poor white disenfranchised working class Trump voters in coal country. The white country where white people automatically get to be in front of every brown person in the line for everything, is gone forever. Trump promised it and the poor white disenfranchised easy marks drank the kool aid.

I think poor white disenfranchised working class folk in coal country need to follow the advice that conservative Republicans have been handing out to black and brown people in this country since the Emancipation Proclamation...STFU and go get a job.

As the link I provided indicates, Hillary did the exact same pandering to the "coal crowd" in the 2016 election, but you only get exercised when Trump does it? Please explain.

Ike Bana 01-11-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366043)
As the link I provided indicates, Hillary did the exact same pandering to the "coal crowd" in the 2016 election, but you only get exercised when Trump does it? Please explain.

Pandering, my ass. She suggested a $30 billion plan to help coal communities transition to a clean energy economy. She never backed off of her climate agenda which included active focus on the reduction of coal use in this country.

Got it?

Rajoo 01-11-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366078)
Pandering, my ass. She suggested a $30 billion plan to help coal communities transition to a clean energy economy. She never backed off of her climate agenda which included active focus on the reduction of coal use in this country.

Got it?

No and he never will.

Whell's role here is to take an anti left/progressive/independent stance on every topic and post whatever he is able to regurgitate.

bobabode 01-11-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Citation? otherwise you're a liar, Mike.

donquixote99 01-11-2018 08:17 PM

He's not a liar. He just doesn't know the difference between truth and lies any more. And he loves Big Brother.

bobabode 01-11-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 366104)
He's not a liar. He just doesn't know the difference between truth and lies any more. And he loves Big Brother.

Okay, okay. So he's willfully full of crap. Happy?

donquixote99 01-12-2018 06:36 AM

Chill, friend. The contradiction was just to make the point, was not actually arguing with you.

Making the distinction between truth and lies impossible is a major goal of the propagandists, and they have succeeded 100% with whell and the legions of idiots like him. Such people become uncritical, empty vessels into which the cult dogma of leader worship can be poured.

whell 01-12-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366078)

Got it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 366080)
No and he never will.

Whell's role here is to take an anti left/progressive/independent stance on every topic and post whatever he is able to regurgitate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 366082)

Failure to read, or comprehend, or both. See post 16 of this thread. From the quoted article:

Hillary Clinton, to her credit, candidly revealed during the primaries just how she would use neoliberalism to turnaround West Virginia’s economy.

"I’m the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right? .... Now we’ve got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don’t want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on. ... So I am passionate about this, which is why I have put forward specific plans about how we incentivize more jobs, more investment in poor communities, and put people to work."

Her passion for “incentivizing” private investment with government tax breaks and cash is at the core of Democratic neoliberalism. Put simply the idea is to bribe the private sector to come into hard hit areas like West Virginia to create jobs.

Except this never happens. Bill Clinton and Barak Obama failed to bring a modicum of economic prosperity to West Virginia. Donald Trump’s deregulatory approach will also leave West Virginia in poverty. The fact is that encouraging the rich to make more and more money does not create good paying jobs. For at least 40 years this has failed miserably leading to an ever increasing gap between the super-rich and the rest of us.

whell 01-12-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 366082)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 366109)
Okay, okay. So he's willfully full of crap. Happy?

Way to promote civility, Bob. :rolleyes:

nailer 01-12-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

It's called politics. :D

BlueStreak 01-13-2018 08:01 PM

Unfortunately, Hillary turned to pandering to coal miners after having told them the truth; That their product is a heavy polluting, non-renewable commodity in a permanent and inevitable state of decline. This is something Trump has yet the integrity or the honesty to do. He'd rather keep the gullible hillbillies strung along and voting for Republicans as long as he can, while trying to kill the social safety net they've become addicted to because that's what a manipulative scumbag does.

Ike Bana 01-14-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 366270)
Unfortunately, Hillary turned to pandering to coal miners after having told them the truth; That their product is a heavy polluting, non-renewable commodity in a permanent and inevitable state of decline. This is something Trump has yet the integrity or the honesty to do. He'd rather keep the gullible hillbillies strung along and voting for Republicans as long as he can, while trying to kill the social safety net they've become addicted to because that's what a manipulative scumbag does.

Correct...except it's not pandering. Hillary promoted a $30 billion plan to help coal communities transition to a clean energy economy. I think the offer was sincere, and even productive. But she never backed off of her climate agenda which included active focus on the reduction of coal use in this country.