Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Audiokarma Temp (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Just For You Harman Kardon...YGTLW(Read the first page of this thread before posting) (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9684)

mpholland 10-04-2015 08:38 AM

Tull was an 18th century agriculturist from Berkshire.

olson_jr 10-04-2015 08:41 AM

Berkshire Blues is an album by American jazz pianist Randy Weston recorded in 1965 and originally released on the Freedom label.

mpholland 10-04-2015 09:00 AM

Label rhymes with Mabel.

d-ray657 10-04-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 288088)
DNU

Good Morning. Everything is pretty fine here. The little derailment would have been fixed nicely by #83, if there was not the DNU. Remember that the acronym DNU (Do not use as last word) stands strictly for comments that do not belong to the game sentences. Bob's "heat" fixed it at last.

DNU

DNU

Does the game require complete sentences?

DNU

mpholland 10-04-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 287546)

Anyway - the basic rule is simple. I start a sentence and the next poster carries on with the last word of this sentence. Only one sentence. A period, an exclamation mark or a quotation mark ends a sentence.

DNU

According to this post, I would answer yes. I am unclear about the quotation mark ending a sentence though. A question mark would make more sense.

DNU

d-ray657 10-04-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpholland (Post 288127)
DNU

According to this post, I would answer yes. I am unclear about the quotation mark ending a sentence though. A question mark would make more sense.

DNU

DNU

I thought so, but complete sentences appear to be as great a challenge to some as using spell-check.

DNU

d-ray657 10-04-2015 09:29 AM

Mabel jumped off of the tower of Babel.

4-2-7 10-04-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 288128)
DNU

I thought so, but complete sentences appear to be as great a challenge to some as using spell-check.

DNU

DNU

While HK used "sentences" in his explanation, on AK that's is not how it's been happening. I don't remember if Ty started that thread stating the use of a complete actual "sentence".

It has been going on at AK with the use of...

Ouotes
Phrases
Names
Statements
& Sentences

The important thing that seems to be challenging the intellect of this site.

Start your comment with the last word used in the prior post.

D-Ray it's supposed to be a fun game, not a technical literary endeavor.

DNU

HarmanKardon 10-04-2015 09:53 AM

Babel was famous for the building of a tower.

DNU

Generally whole sentences. Sometimes two words are okay, when they make sense. For instance, if the last word is "bad", I may carry on with "Bad company!"

The sense of this game is nothing else but entertainment. The challenge is to be as far as possible witty, funny, "punny"- you know what I mean. The late AK member Peter Bogle replied with countless ad hoc limericks, this was absolutely priceless. May he rest in peace.

DNU

4-2-7 10-04-2015 09:58 AM

Tower of Babel is large temple in Babylon.