Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tea Party, Dem, Pub, forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=1240)

Grumpy 05-07-2010 06:00 AM

Tea Party, Dem, Pub, forums

What do you guys think of separating the Political forums up in to the parties ?

Just an idea.

d-ray657 05-07-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 27937)
What do you guys think of separating the Political forums up in to the parties ?

Just an idea.

I think it would be counterproductive. Although we split somewhat on party lines on many issues, I still think it is better to focus on the issues first, without labeling them as a partisan issue up front. One of the things we sometimes try to do here is get beyond the liberal/conservative framework to see what we really think. My two cents.

Besides that, I don't really think the tea party is actually a political party.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete 05-07-2010 07:19 AM

How about:

The serious clearthinking Right forum; and

The crazy commie Left forum.

:D

I'm guessing 107% of us would rather argue :)

Pete

JCricket 05-07-2010 07:29 AM

Hey Dave,
What would be the fun in that. I could then argue with myself?
I think the whole point is to get different opinons and ideas on a single topic.
I guess I could see some point to maybe a "just dems" just repub" forums tho. Might be kind of volatile too.
Mark

JCricket 05-07-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 27944)
How about:

The serious clearthinking Right forum; and

The crazy commie Left forum.

:D

I'm guessing 107% of us would rather argue :)

Pete

Pete, get your calculator fixed. It would be 109%. Sheesh:p

Also, I think you mean those who care about their fellow man, and the right wing , war mongering, money hungry, self righteous egomanics.:D
(I'll see that and raise you a little)
Mark

d-ray657 05-07-2010 07:44 AM

Actually, Pete is one example of why we wouldn't want to place preconceived labels on the forums. As misguided and wrong as he is most of the time, he occasionally makes me think.:rolleyes:

By the way Pete, did you see where Grumpy called you a fairy?:D

As fun as it is having the arguments, it is also satisfying to sometimes find common ground where we didn't think it would exist. More importantly, I find lot's of value in reviewing my own ideas with the benefit of differing perspectives.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete 05-07-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 27947)
Pete, get your calculator fixed. It would be 109%. Sheesh:p

Also, I think you mean those who care about their fellow man, and the right wing , war mongering, money hungry, self righteous egomanics.:D
(I'll see that and raise you a little)
Mark

Lmao!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 27951)
Actually, Pete is one example of why we wouldn't want to place preconceived labels on the forums. As misguided and wrong as he is most of the time, he occasionally makes me think.

By the way Pete, did you see where Grumpy called you a fairy?

As fun as it is having the arguments, it is also satisfying to sometimes find common ground where we didn't think it would exist. More importantly, I find lot's of value in reviewing my own ideas with the benefit of differing perspectives.

Regards,

D-Ray

Time to get some bigger hats :D

Really, you're not toooo bad either, on those rare occasions when you agree with me lol.

And no! I've got to find it. Is that in tooth, pixy, light in the loafers? :o

I fully agree with you, the arguments force you to think your positions though imo. And you can at least understand differing viewpoints even if they are hideously wrong.

Pete

d-ray657 05-07-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 27955)
Lmao!!

Time to get some bigger hats.:D - or taller boots.

And no! I've got to find it. Is that in tooth, pixy, light in the loafers? :o

Pete

Nah, just stirring the pot. :cool: Check out the thread in this forum on paperclip and trashcan icons.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander 05-07-2010 08:35 AM

But if you made a conservative forum I would be very lonely and end up talking to myself.:p

Fast_Eddie 05-07-2010 09:54 AM

What are there, 15, 20 of us who actually post? Can't imagine we need to further segregate. If we do, I propose mandated bussing from the Democrat forum to the Republican forum. They have better schools.