Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Welcome Dingman (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9479)

bobabode 08-10-2015 03:35 PM

Welcome Dingman

Another fine AKer joins the group. Jump in, the water is fine. :D

donquixote99 08-10-2015 05:24 PM

"welcome"

:)

icenine 08-11-2015 09:22 AM

His handle and self-penned low key introduction portend a muted and perhaps brief stay at PC.

I am inspired to write a fictional memoir

Remembering Wingman

JJIII 08-11-2015 09:47 AM

Welcome!

Dingman 08-31-2015 05:51 PM

A hearty greetings to you all! It took me awhile to get access here, but in the end, it all worked out with some generous help from an admin. :)

Yes, I have been quite muted and that's not normal for me. Out of character to post in a thread before I do the introduction post. :confused:

Although this will be a bit brief, I'll provide the pertinent details.

I'm a divorced single man, 54 years of age. No kids, no alimony. Amen!

Securely employed, my career landed on "building automation" and my position is a Senor System Technician. I'm one of the best in the state. ;)

The state being, Iowa. Born and raised here. Started off in a "smaller" town, and without getting into details, I'll say that I started lower on the economic ladder than any of you. It's not a secret, so I expect it will come out someday, but we'll leave it for later.
Despite the challenge in the beginning, I'm now financially secure. A decent 401K, property, all that happy crap.:cool:

Biggest hobbies are 4x4 trucks, bicycling and some electronics. Not a hobby, but my mother is handicapped (wheelchair) and alone now in that house, so there's time happily spent with her also.

Politically, I'm registered independent, but certainly subscribe to many liberal and so************************t ideals. Voted for Obama both times - but seriously considered the republican options as well. But I've never been able to bring myself to vote republican. I try to describe myself as socially liberal, fiscally conservative, but that still leaves alot to interpretation.

So, there it is - I have to run - talk to you all later.
BTW, just back from the eye doctor and can't see any of this, what I've typed. LOL, just a blur. Now, I need to go buy a pair of reading glasses. Gah.

bobabode 08-31-2015 06:05 PM

Sounds like you'll fit right in around here.

barbara 08-31-2015 06:47 PM

Welcome!

finnbow 08-31-2015 07:34 PM

Welcome Dingbat.;)

BlueStreak 08-31-2015 07:58 PM

Welcome aboard.

Dingman 08-31-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 283466)
Welcome Dingbat.;)

Heh, well said. I reply to most any moniker that has "ding" in it. It's just a fun name to play with. Been using it online since about 1996 - nearly 20 years now.

Check this out - I cancelled my qwest account in 1999. The "dingman" page I created in 1996 is...

STILL ALIVE