Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Just maybe a movement is starting (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9264)

merrylander 06-18-2015 02:39 PM

Just maybe a movement is starting

Mickey D has announced that in future it will only serve milk that comes from cows free of the growth hormone.

If this keeps up Monsanto is going to lose its rBST sales and that will be a damn good thing. We are the only western country that allows its use. It is banned every where else in the western world.:)

merrylander 06-19-2015 08:06 AM

It is strange how no one will ever comment on a thread critical of those bastards at Monsanto.

mpholland 06-19-2015 08:17 AM

Its that old American exceptionalism. We have to do just the opposite of the rest of the world. If they think its bad, we'll do it in a heartbeat. If everybody else is using it, it will get hung up in FDA red tape here for decades. Of course, corporate crony capitalism and profits rank far above what is good for the people.

merrylander 06-19-2015 09:00 AM

The revolving door between Monsanto and government accounts for a lot as well. We have found that the dairy that supplies High's does not use that shit on their cows so we always get milk there.

mpholland 06-19-2015 10:04 AM

I drink almond milk. Hopefully I will still be able to afford it after the California drought. My big dairy fix is Tillamook cheese, and their coop is growth hormone free.

BlueStreak 06-19-2015 10:31 AM

Convince the wingnuts that all of this GMOs and other crap in our food is some kind of federal government food poisoning plot, foisted upon us by the dreaded Obama and they'll go after it with a vengeance. Until then, they will assume we are just stupid Libtards trying to destroy "job creaters" like Monsanto.

Maybe it's time to do what the rightwing propaganda machine and entities like Monsanto and Koch Industries do; Recognize what these people are and USE it, rather than fight it?

Dave

Rajoo 06-19-2015 10:41 AM

Lobbyists and Free Speech, a deadly combination.

merrylander 06-19-2015 12:22 PM

What riles me is that if the neighbors GMO crop cross fertilizes yours they can come on your land and then sue if your crop has been corrupted by theirs. Maybe the should have made some GM bees that would not cross fences.

But what they did in Miamisburg at Mound was a criminal act.

noonereal 06-19-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 275205)
Mickey D has announced that in future it will only serve milk that comes from cows free of the growth hormone.

That is awesome.

I no longer eat what is today called chicken.

merrylander 06-20-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 275379)
That is awesome.

I no longer eat what is today called chicken.

That growth hormone caused the cows to be susceptible to illnesses so then they get shot full of antibiotics. They pass into the milk and now we have bacteria that resist antibiotics. Same with chickens raised in crowded conditions.