Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   The Auto industry (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Volvo Plant Here (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9086)

catswiththum 05-11-2015 06:21 PM

JStor is my friend.;)

nailer 05-11-2015 06:42 PM

My first time TDY to Charleston I stayed in the original Citadel.

Is the C-17 base still operating?

catswiththum 05-11-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 270518)
My first time TDY to Charleston I stayed in the original Citadel.

Is the C-17 base still operating?

The Embassy Suites! I can't believe they turned the old Citadel into a hotel.
Yes, the C-17s still flying.

I was Air Force before DOD - I haven't seen "TDY" for awhile. :)

Tom Joad 05-11-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 270501)
That useless, useless, show - but I guess we were ripe for being exploited for the soap opera crowd.

Thomas Ravenel - "T-Rav," as they call him, the most sorry lump of humanity I have ever met.

State treasurer, busted for coke, stars in low brow idiot parade, and had the gall to run for office again.

It's not like we needed any more caricatures of the brain dead southern male.

I never heard of the show myself, until just a little while ago when I did a quick search on the net looking for some smart assed comeback to throw back at you and found it.

catswiththum 05-11-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 270523)
I never heard of the show myself, until just a little while ago when I did a quick search on the net looking for some smart assed comeback to throw back at you and found it.

It is the worse thing since reconstruction.

donquixote99 05-11-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 270512)
JStor is my friend.;)

I remain dubious. But I salute your determination and resourcefulness. If anyone can do it, you can!

catswiththum 05-11-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 270527)
I remain dubious. But I salute your determination and resourcefulness. If anyone can do it, you can!

There has to be the accounting out there somewhere - as you say, an independent analysis may be difficult to get, especially if it has not been published in an accessible source.

I could very well be barking at nothing, but I would like to see the #s if they can be had.

nailer 05-11-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 270524)
It is the worse thing since reconstruction.

Many found the Lost Cause South that emerged after Reconstruction worse.

icenine 05-11-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 270503)
Palmetto Ford still there, the area around the old Naval Hospital still grim, but improving. North Charleston really had no plan when the Naval Base closed, but it is coming along.

I used to eat at Shoney's and Captain D's ( I have this friend who once lamented to me he was fired from Captain D's for not being "Captain D" material lol). I used to hit all the strip clubs too...there was one named Three Fat Guys.

Me and my buddy would drive over the bridge out to Isle Of Palms on our motorcycles. I was there for Hugo, and actually saw Warrant at the Flying Dutchman (by mistake of course).

catswiththum 05-11-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 270529)
Many found the Lost Cause South that emerged after Reconstruction worse.

Slowly emerging.

The coast of South Carolina is relatively civilized, as is the Greenville area all the way to the north in the foothills.

In between there are pockets of livability, but still many little hamlets rife with inbreeding, white hoods, and the stars and bars.