Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New Progressive from Philadelphia (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3687)

RamblinE 03-03-2012 01:30 PM

New Progressive from Philadelphia

Hey Politicalchat. I've been on AK for a little while now BUT, I'm Evan from Philadelphia. I'm a progressive, I'm patriotic, I'm open minded. I'm here for spirited but respectful debate, and also to learn.

I'm a college student, so sometimes I protest. College tuition and funding for public education are issues that are very close to my heart.

Looking forward to haggling with everybody :D

noonereal 03-03-2012 01:31 PM

Welcome.

The idea that kids have to go in debt to get an education is nuts. You should protest.

Dondilion 03-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamblinE (Post 92363)
Hey Politicalchat. I've been on AK for a little while now BUT, I'm Evan from Philadelphia. I'm a progressive, I'm patriotic, I'm open minded. I'm here for spirited but respectful debate, and also to learn.

I'm a college student, so sometimes I protest. College tuition and funding for public education are issues that are very close to my heart.

Looking forward to haggling with everybody :D

Welcome Ramblin! The debate is often spirited but not always respectful... so if you enter the kitchen....:D

BTW could you define progressive.

finnbow 03-03-2012 02:44 PM

Hey RambinE. Whatcha majoring in?

RamblinE 03-03-2012 03:22 PM

The root word of progressive is PROGRESS.

As a progressive I advocate/favor/wish for more equality for all Americans in all aspects of life. Equal access to excellent education. Equal access to excellent healthcare. Equal access to job opportunities. Equal access to a roof over your head, water to drink, food to eat and oxygen to breath. Equal access to right to persist. Now, whether you are successful is up to you and how hard you want to work. I don't see having a warm dry roof over your head as a handout, I see it as a right. Nobody in a country this wealthy should be on the street. What's not a right? What do you have to earn? Luxuries of course. Plasma screen TVs, cars, fancy clothes and beautiful homes. If you want it you should be able to have the opportunity to go get it! But if for whatever reason you don't, your life is still sacred and you should still be able to eek out your life in civilized conditions.

//speech over.

I don't yet know what I want to major in :(

Big_Bill 03-03-2012 07:10 PM

WELCOME Ramblin,

You must be a Political Science Major.

Surrender All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here.

Bill

bobabode 03-03-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamblinE (Post 92395)
The root word of progressive is PROGRESS.

As a progressive I advocate/favor/wish for more equality for all Americans in all aspects of life. Equal access to excellent education. Equal access to excellent healthcare. Equal access to job opportunities. Equal access to a roof over your head, water to drink, food to eat and oxygen to breath. Equal access to right to persist. Now, whether you are successful is up to you and how hard you want to work. I don't see having a warm dry roof over your head as a handout, I see it as a right. Nobody in a country this wealthy should be on the street. What's not a right? What do you have to earn? Luxuries of course. Plasma screen TVs, cars, fancy clothes and beautiful homes. If you want it you should be able to have the opportunity to go get it! But if for whatever reason you don't, your life is still sacred and you should still be able to eek out your life in civilized conditions.
:(

Reasonable expectations, welcome!

Oerets 03-03-2012 07:59 PM

Welcome aboard, love your photoshop skills.....

Barney

merrylander 03-04-2012 07:20 AM

Welcome to the funny farm son.

piece-itpete 03-05-2012 11:24 AM

Howdy! Any chance you can get the feds to pay off my house? :D

Pete