Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mornin', gents (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7110)

djv8ga 03-19-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 203225)
Agreed, it would be a sad and lonely place, plus we can't have you gun nuts plotting and scheming behind our backs. :D

Dude, that FDR signature is so yesterday.

4-2-7 03-19-2014 07:55 PM

No need for gun control i'm already an excellent marksman and gunsmith. We can talk about prefer loads we like in our firearms if anyone loads there own.

finnbow 03-19-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 203247)
No need for gun control i'm already an excellent marksman and gunsmith. We can talk about prefer loads we like in our firearms if anyone loads there own.

I reload my .270 with a 130 Sierra BTSP over 60 grains of Hodgdon 4381, though I don't use it much anymore. I mostly use a muzzleloader for my firearms hunting (with a 250 gr Hornady SST on top of 100 grains of Hodgdon Triple Seven.) It's incredibly accurate and hard-hitting. I killed a deer at a measured 183 yards with it.

djv8ga 03-19-2014 08:40 PM

Just wondering, do any of you shoot air rifles? I really enjoy shooting my RWS Magnum 350 in .22 cal. I'm finally going to send it off for a Vortek kit & full tune.
I know, it's a BB gun, but it's fun.

finnbow 03-19-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 203269)
Just wondering, do any of you shoot air rifles? I really enjoy shooting my RWS Magnum 350 in .22 cal. I'm finally going to send it off for a Vortek kit & full tune.

I have a Gamo 1000 fps .177 (can't remember the model. It has a synthetic stock and a Bushnell 3-9x airgun scope) as well as a Webley Tempest air pistol. In the rifle, pellet choice sure makes a difference. Mine shoots far better with RWS Meisterkugeln than with any other. With these pellets, it can shoot a dime size group at 20 yards if I do my part (sometimes smaller). With other pellets, the group size can go up to ~1.5".

4-2-7 03-19-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 203264)
I reload my .270 with a 130 Sierra BTSP over 60 grains of Hodgdon 4381, though I don't use it much anymore. I mostly use a muzzleloader for my firearms hunting (with a 250 gr Hornady SST on top of 100 grains of Hodgdon Triple Seven.) It's incredibly accurate and hard-hitting. I killed a deer at a measured 183 yards with it.

Hell of a shot!! You must of sat there watching the trajectory like you trough a hook down the bowling lanes. Come on come Yeah!!!

Ya It's been awhile for me also. I move house twice and never set a bench back up to load. Then three other hobbies later (Classic Cars, Photography, HiFi,) shooting and hunting got pushed back about 18 years. That 270 is a hard hitter Which manufacture is the riffle?

I had a Ruger #1 in the 270 & 243 both with leupold 20x30 mounted on them. Never really needed the 270 here in Cali but the 243 got me two deers. I started getting into Archery hunting as well making my own arrows wood and aluminum. Now Im feeling nostalgic of times past. I miss it but not all the work, it's not easy to hunt. Packing deer out of the woods getting them back home fast. I wonder if I'm too old now?:confused:

bobabode 03-19-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 203231)
Dude, that FDR signature is so yesterday.

I'm pleased that it bothers you enough to mention it Deej. ;)

djv8ga 03-19-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 203271)
I have a Gamo 1000 fps .177 (can't remember the model. It has a synthetic stock and a Bushnell 3-9x airgun scope) as well as a Webley Tempest air pistol. In the rifle, pellet choice sure makes a difference. Mine shoots far better with RWS Meisterkugeln than with any other. With these pellets, it can shoot a dime size group at 20 yards if I do my part (sometimes smaller). With other pellets, the group size can go up to ~1.5".

You're a great shot. I suck with this thing. It's way more gun than I'm shooter, but I'm being told the tune & Vortek kit will settle it down. I'm shocked at what a springer can do.
In hindsight, I should have bought a model 34.

finnbow 03-19-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-2-7 (Post 203272)
Hell of a shot!! You must of sat there watching the trajectory like you trough a hook down the bowling lanes. Come on come Yeah!!!

Ya It's been awhile for me also. I move house twice and never set a bench back up to load. Then three other hobbies later (Classic Cars, Photography, HiFi,) shooting and hunting got pushed back about 18 years. That 270 is a hard hitter Which manufacture is the riffle?

I had a Ruger #1 in the 270 & 243 both with leupold 20x30 mounted on them. Never really needed the 270 here in Cali but the 243 got me two dears. I started getting into Archery hunting as well making my own arrows wood and aluminum. Now Im feeling nostalgic of times past. I miss it but not all the work, it's not easy to hunt. Packing dear out of the woods getting them back home fast. I wonder if I'm too old now?:confused:

My rifle is an older and very pretty Remington 700 ADL with a walnut stock and a 3-9 Vari-XII Leopold scope.

Actually, I bowhunt far more than I hunt with any other weapon. I've killed well over 50 deer with a bow in the past 25 years. I also make all my own arrows (Easton 2413's) and use 100 grain Thunderheads for my broadhead. We have an amazing number of deer around here. You're allowed 6 bucks (2 bucks each with bow, muzzleloader and modern firearm) and unlimited does with all weapons. When my sons were still in the house, we'd frequently kill up to a dozen a year and give away a lot of meat. Now, I shoot one or two with a bow during the rut (early November) and that's about it.

4-2-7 03-19-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 203269)

I have been thinking of getting a high dollar air riffle. One well made that shoots about 800+ FPS. There is so many good ones now with many calibers deciding speed and trajectory over kinetic energy is a futile task.