Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Benghazi Hearings (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5314)

Boreas 01-23-2013 03:13 PM

Benghazi Hearings

Who else sees this charade as nothing more than a way for the Republicans to destroy Sec. Clinton's chances for 2016?

John

d-ray657 01-23-2013 03:31 PM

Rand Paul is becoming more despicable. If he had been President, he would have fired her. Randy - you aren't even gonna get as close to the office as your papa. I wouldn't trust him to pick the secretary for my office, much less the Secretary of State.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 01-23-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 143232)
Rand Paul is becoming more despicable. If he had been President, he would have fired her. Randy - you aren't even gonna get as close to the office as your papa. I wouldn't trust him to pick the secretary for my office, much less the Secretary of State.

Regards,

D-Ray

I know! I wanted to reach into the TV and feed him that opossum that lives on his head! What a little shit!

John

JJIII 01-23-2013 03:56 PM

I kinda like Hill's hairdo. It sure didn't cost the taxpayers anything.:D

Wasillaguy 01-23-2013 04:05 PM

I got a chuckle out of her clarifying for Obama that "the CORE of Al Qaeda has been decimated".

Oh, the CORE, I see. We'll just forget about that little detail that Al Qaeda is a decentralized organization, and by definition has no core.

I also got a kick out of all the gushing. Walked by the TV at one point and some dorfburger was giving her credit for inventing fire.

Boreas 01-23-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143246)
I got a chuckle out of her clarifying for Obama that "the CORE of Al Qaeda has been decimated".

Oh, the CORE, I see. We'll just forget about that little detail that Al Qaeda is a decentralized organization, and by definition has no core.

I also got a kick out of all the gushing. Walked by the TV at one point and some dorfburger was giving her credit for inventing fire.

She did.

bobabode 01-23-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143246)

Ben Ladin is still dead and Obama killed way more al Qaeda than the Shrub did in eight years. Dude, turn off that Faux news!;):D

icenine 01-23-2013 04:37 PM

Of course no Americans died overseas under the Bush administration....

Oerets 01-23-2013 04:41 PM

I missed the dog and pony show today. (An elaborate act of bullshit, generally used to distract attention away from the sheer uselessness of the actual project or act) ...."urbandictionary.com"

I needed to run the wife and myself on more important issues. Like getting my oil changed, going to lunch and the likes.

Gotta say from some of the sound bites it looks to Clinton bit back! Will surf later for the highlights after we get back home.

Barney

Wasillaguy 01-23-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 143250)
Of course no Americans died overseas under the Bush administration....

Sure, lots of servicemen died under Bush. There were lots of youtube videos in those days, riling up the enemy.

Boreas 01-23-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 143251)
I missed the dog and pony show today. (An elaborate act of bullshit, generally used to distract attention away from the sheer uselessness of the actual project or act) ...."urbandictionary.com"

I needed to run the wife and myself on more important issues. Like getting my oil changed, going to lunch and the likes.

Gotta say from some of the sound bites it looks to Clinton bit back! Will surf later for the highlights after we get back home.

Barney

Is that what they're calling it now? :D

John

finnbow 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

She made the GOP clowns look utterly foolish. OTOH, the Dems on the panel looked like sycophantic twits. She was the only grown-up in the room.

d-ray657 01-23-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 143255)
She made the GOP clowns look utterly foolish. OTOH, the Dems on the panel looked like sycophantic twits. She was the only grown-up in the room.

So, who won the race?

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 01-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 143255)

She really shone! I sincerely hope she runs in 2016. I believe she would make a terrific president - but I wonder how The Big Dog would deal with being First Lady. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking the Repubs will run Ryan, "Aqua Buddha" or Huckabee. The crazies won't stand for a moderate. That means Mrs. Clinton should win in a walk.

Eight years of an African-American followed by eight more of a woman! Heads will explode! :)

John

barbara 01-23-2013 05:33 PM

She has stated she has no plans to run again.
But then, if she did, she wouldn't be the first politician to change her mind.

Boreas 01-23-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 143259)
She has stated she has no plans to run again.
But then, if she did, she wouldn't be the first politician to change her mind.

Yes, she has said that but Bill has said that he's love to see her do it.

We shall see what we shall see.........

John

d-ray657 01-23-2013 05:52 PM

I love politics. But the politics I like involves the theories of government, the issues over policy, the balancing of interests. I am getting to the point where I cannot stomach the warring factions in office taking actions to advance no aim other damaging someone else's reputation. Yeah, I know Pollyanna, but bleah.

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII 01-23-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 143261)
I love politics. But the politics I like involves the theories of government, the issues over policy, the balancing of interests. I am getting to the point where I cannot stomach the warring factions in office taking actions to advance no aim other damaging someone else's reputation. Yeah, I know Pollyanna, but bleah.

Regards,

D-Ray

You be Polly , I'll be Anna.:D

d-ray657 01-23-2013 08:08 PM

Dana Milbank, who has not hesitated to be critical of Democrats or Republicans, had a couple of good lines about today's hearings:
"A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 67 percent of Americans view her favorably, a career high and roughly double the popularity congressional Republicans have. So when Clinton clashed with GOP lawmakers Wednesday, it had the feeling of a Hummer colliding with a Smart Car."

Only gadfly Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) still had the stomach to fight with Clinton. “Had I been president at the time and I found that you did not read the cables from Benghazi . . . I would have relieved you of your post,” he charged.

“Ohhh!” exclaimed one of Clinton’s aides, appalled.

But Paul, a man of exotic opinions, is never going to be president, and Clinton deflected his provocation with a mild reply: “I believe in taking responsibility, and I have done so.”

That may have been Clinton’s most cutting response to a critic: Letting him know he’s not worth wasting her breath."
Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 01-23-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143263)
A show of course. They always are. Her theatrics were pretty entertaining.

Her theatrics? Can you cite some examples?

John

Rex E. 01-23-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143290)
I hope it was theatrics. I would hate to think our Secretary of State is incapable of controlling her emotions.

*pops corn*

bobabode 01-23-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 143262)
You be Polly , I'll be Anna.:D

You might look good in pigtails, John. Don cut off his mullet, I mean ponytail, last year....;):D bob exits stage left<<<<<<<<

bobabode 01-23-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143290)
I hope it was theatrics. I would hate to think our Secretary of State is incapable of controlling her emotions.

That was an example?:confused: looks like a duck, quack-quack...:rolleyes::D

d-ray657 01-23-2013 09:07 PM

Heaven help us if anyone in high office would ever show emotion!!!

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/politics...JohnCrying.jpg

bobabode 01-23-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex E. (Post 143291)
*pops corn*

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/ima...ilies/lurk.gif:D

d-ray657 01-23-2013 09:16 PM

Now we're bringing an eighth grade sensibility to politics. Come to think of it, that may be a bit more maturity than we saw from Rand Paul today.

Boreas 01-23-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143304)
What a sissy he is , I wish they would have kicked him to the curb. I think Obama pants him and steals his lunch money every day.

I'm profoundly impressed by the deep philosophical insights, substantive analysis and general perspicacity which you bring to this forum.

Boreas 01-23-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143313)
Coming from a mental giant such as yourself that means lot to me.

Ohhhhh! Ya got me, pard!

Boreas 01-23-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143323)
Back to the subject at hand.

Hillary yells.....
"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?"

Then further yells....
"It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

I think she answered her own question.

No "yelling" and not a damn thing wrong with this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video...aring-18292691

Unless, of course, you want something to be wrong with it.

John

bobabode 01-23-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconshorts (Post 143323)
Back to the subject at hand.

Hillary yells.....
"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?"

Then further yells....
"It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

I think she answered her own question.

What?:confused: I just watched the vid and there was no yelling, there was some rude grandstanding/ not to mention interupting her answer in midstream by that pissant Senator Johnson but the Secretary of State was not yelling. Maybe they do it different in your part of Texas but that steer Johnson was acting like a punk. Was she exasperated? Yes, who wouldn't be when some character asks a question and starts up with the, "No no, no, no, no, no , no" when she hadn't gotten ten words out of her mouth. Maybe Merrylander was on to something when he wondered, "Fellas, why are you entertaining this troll?" in reference to you?

Wasillaguy 01-24-2013 12:53 AM

I think Hillary is the one who asked the best question- What does it matter?
Or, more precisely, what did they think it would matter, to push the false story regarding the impetus of the attack?

bobabode 01-24-2013 01:10 AM

Beats me, Was. We went around and around in that other Bengazi thread. Hillary did have a point about wanting to catch the bad guys. Meh, this shit gets really old when others have a different take on the english language not to mention reality. Maybe BS will go peruse the old Bengazi thread. I don't think there's going to be any revelations showing up in these latest hearings. I'll say one thing, from what I'm seeing-it doesn't look like Hillary is going to take any shit from these dudes. Good for her. Have a good night, Was.

Wasillaguy 01-24-2013 01:50 AM

I don't know, I don't think she did herself any good. When she says it doesn't matter what happened, then immediately says it's her job to find out what happened...
You can just shorten that equation up and conclude she doesn't think her job matters.

JJIII 01-24-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143330)
I don't know, I don't think she did herself any good. When she says it doesn't matter what happened, then immediately says it's her job to find out what happened...
You can just shorten that equation up and conclude she doesn't think her job matters.

She had to have something to do until 2016 comes around.;)

Now the campaign starts.

merrylander 01-24-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143253)
Sure, lots of servicemen died under Bush. There were lots of youtube videos in those days, riling up the enemy.

And a lot of civilians died in Iraq also in case you had not noticed. Under international law it is the responsibility of the host country to protect embassies and consulates. If we stuck a company of marines into every embassy or consulate it would seriously hit the fan.

You lost the damn election, live with it.

merrylander 01-24-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143328)
Or, more precisely, what did they think it would matter, to push the false story regarding the impetus of the attack?

As was mentioned during the charade, you want a false story, here is one;

WMDs in Iraq

Poison gas generating mobile labs in Iraq.

Want some more BS:p

Oerets 01-24-2013 07:21 AM

I happened to be in a Doctors office last night when the National News came on at 1830. All women except for myself and I can tell you Hilarity was well loved by that crowd!

But someone did get up and change the channel from Fox to NBC when the National News came on. So the crowd was a more educated one it would seem.:D

Barney

Boreas 01-24-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143328)

What Sec. Clinton was referring to was Amb. Rice's talking points being inaccurate not mattering. They were offered as preliminary and subject to change. They were and they did. So, what's the big deal?

John

Boreas 01-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 143330)

Coming from an objective observer like you.................

Boreas 01-24-2013 09:51 AM

More idiocy from Aqua Buddha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnhuHO68I8Y

The "news reports" he refers to a typical FOX "Was Syrian weapons shipment factor in ambassador’s Benghazi visit?" fact-free article.

John