Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Post Your Election News (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11115)

nailer 11-08-2016 02:05 AM

Post Your Election News

Listening to jazz this early election day morning and just heard on the AP radio news that Trump has taken the early lead in New Hampshire, 32 to 25.

HarmanKardon 11-08-2016 02:20 AM

nailer 11-08-2016 02:51 AM

Dixville has a long history of fixed elections. ;)

JCricket 11-08-2016 06:08 AM

Three notable ballot issues for Colorado
1. Universal Health care - an amendment to the constitution. Essentially, in my words, give us money and we will figure out how to make it work. No thanks!!

2. An amendment ot the constitution to make it more difficult to make amendments. Essentially, change it from majority of voters(50% +1) to a minimum of 55% for a change. There are some real benefits and drawbacks in this, but weighed against the current law, I votes yes.

3. The most interesting. If you are registered as a GOP or Dem, you can vote in that parties primary only. If you are not registered in those parties you have no say. The new law would allow people to register as independant. If you are registered as such, you can cast your vote for whatever candidate you see fit, regardless of party. I votes yes.

HarmanKardon 11-08-2016 07:06 AM

Tom Joad 11-08-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 336374)
3. The most interesting. If you are registered as a GOP or Dem, you can vote in that parties primary only. If you are not registered in those parties you have no say. The new law would allow people to register as independant. If you are registered as such, you can cast your vote for whatever candidate you see fit, regardless of party. I votes yes.

Good.

If that law had been in effect in all 50 states Bernie would have easily defeated Hillary.

whell 11-08-2016 07:55 AM

Rain forecast in lower Michigan today. We'll see what, if any, impact that has on voter turnout.

JCricket 11-08-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 336379)
Good.

If that law had been in effect in all 50 states Bernie would have easily defeated Hillary.

I also doubt that Trump would be the GOP candidate. I would hope it would put more centered, more moderate candidates on the ballot.

Tom Joad 11-08-2016 08:36 AM

No problems voting here.

I got there a little after 8 AM and there was a steady stream of voters coming and going but no long lines and very little waiting.

I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

They accepted my passport for ID without batting an eye.

That sure took the wind out of my sails.:(

barbara 11-08-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 336383)
No problems voting here.

I got there a little after 8 AM and there was a steady stream of voters coming and going but no long lines and very little waiting.

I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

They accepted my passport for ID without batting an eye.

That sure took the wind out of my sails.:(

I wouldn't worry about your sails..... You've got enough hot air to sustain an ocean voyage.